🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Anything & Everything New York (PART 2) - [please search thread before posting]

Options

Comments

• fordy
    fordy Posts: 254 Forumite
    Options
    Marky, i loves ya!
  • hieveryone
    hieveryone Posts: 3,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello,
    You all will remember i had a booking with 1800hotels but found a cheaper rate on quikbook. 1800 hotels finally gave me a full refund and i booked with quikbook, but now i see that didnt include tax. Any anyone estimate how much tax will be added? Or should i look for another deal inc tax?

Wow, well done, good result!

Why don't you check with the friends and family rate on the first page , youll most likely get a good deal there?

Bought is to buy. Brought is to bring.
  • blondie21
    blondie21 Posts: 582 Forumite
    Options
    Cant find any reviews for this hotel. Has anyone stayed there. Is it near to the tube station as we are two girls heading to NYC after christmas.Is there a separate living room ?
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    NYC doesn't have tube stations.

Staybridge Suites are at 334 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018, which I typed into google maps, and it shows me about where it is. You have Port Authority/42nd Street Subway Station around the corner, so you have some form of transportation to get around.

Doubtful it has a separate living room, as the information on their website doesn't say that, and also, I think the reason why you can't find any reviews, is because it isn't open yet. Their website clearly states - The Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City is now accepting reservations for arrivals after January 16, 2010 . - So obviously, their opening date is 16th Jan 2010.

M
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello,
    You all will remember i had a booking with 1800hotels but found a cheaper rate on quikbook. 1800 hotels finally gave me a full refund and i booked with quikbook, but now i see that didnt include tax. Any anyone estimate how much tax will be added? Or should i look for another deal inc tax?

Tax - about 14% plus then occupancy tax of $2 a night i think...
  • Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    edited 16 July 2009 at 9:07AM
    Options
    what is tax and city tax? and how much would it be roughly?

I've just realised that I've booked a non smoking room in a non smoking hotel is there any way I would be able to get a refund?

Many thanks

Steph xx
  • hieveryone
    Options
    blondie21 wrote: »
    Cant find any reviews for this hotel. Has anyone stayed there. Is it near to the tube station as we are two girls heading to NYC after christmas.Is there a separate living room ?

Ooh that's where I'm staying too! :)
    markymoo wrote: »
    NYC doesn't have tube stations.

Staybridge Suites are at 334 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018, which I typed into google maps, and it shows me about where it is. You have Port Authority/42nd Street Subway Station around the corner, so you have some form of transportation to get around.

Doubtful it has a separate living room, as the information on their website doesn't say that, and also, I think the reason why you can't find any reviews, is because it isn't open yet. Their website clearly states - The Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City is now accepting reservations for arrivals after January 16, 2010 . - So obviously, their opening date is 16th Jan 2010.

M

D'ya know, I read that part and I thought it just meant that that was their booking season now open, you know like flights do. :o d'uh!

By the time I go it will be almost brand new then, goodie! I was wondering why I couldn't find any reviews :rotfl::rotfl:

• hieveryone
    Options
    Stephb1986 wrote: »
    what is tax and city tax? and how much would it be roughly?

I've just realised that I've booked a non smoking room in a non smoking hotel is there any way I would be able to get a refund?

Many thanks

Steph xx

If it was through the friends and family thing, unfortunately not as these are non refundable. You could just go outside and have a smoke? :confused:

• Stephb1986_2
    Stephb1986_2 Posts: 6,279 Forumite
    Options
    hieveryone wrote: »
    If it was through the friends and family thing, unfortunately not as these are non refundable. You could just go outside and have a smoke? :confused:

It was through booking.com, I don't smoke it's my partner that smokes, I only realised this morning that I had booked a non smoking room :(

Steph xx
  • becky_rtw
    becky_rtw Posts: 8,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow I just assumed all rooms would be non smoking anyway - didnt realise you could smoke indoors in NYC where people had to work - colour me surprised!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport