Anything & Everything New York (PART 2) - [please search thread before posting]

Options

Comments

• gregg1
    gregg1 Posts: 3,148 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi all,

Have searched for this but can't find anything....

I'm wanting to book the sex and the city tour here in the UK before we go to NY in 3 weeks as i've been told it's cheaper....

a) is it cheaper to book here?
    b) where can i book it?

also for those who go and have been, is there any other sites/tours that are better to book here in the UK first?

thanks xx

We booked this tour here before we left for NY last August. booked with "On Location Tours" and it cost about £19 each. They were excellent and personally would highly recommend it. I was not looking forward to it (OH and daughter were the ones who wanted to do it) but in the end it turned into a fantastic way to get to see places we probably would not have got to, Soho, The Village, Meatpacking District etc with lots of stops thrown in and got to do it in the comfort of a nice coach. Met outside the Plaza and I think it was about 3 hours in total.
  • Quassi75
    Quassi75 Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I have been to NYC many, many times before but haven't been for around 6-7 years orso. And I am looking to go back to NYC just for the main reason of getting some new clothes as I just love the Old Navy flagship store..

I have tried ebay and using one of the US addresses you can buy but both of them work out so very expensive. And the 1 good friend who used to send me things has moved (and we have lost contact..)

So I need to go, and am looking for whichever date possible before the summer. And I'm looking for good cheap flights/hotel deals and just need to go for 3 days/2 nights.

Any hints/tips to make it as cheap as possible. And need to be as close as possible to the Old Navy flagship store (near Madisson Sq. Gardens..)

Thanks
    Debt free from January 2019 - Paid off £31,161.70 in 7 years.
    10 year anniversary
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    aaah.. a repost.. .lovely... but in the right place, so i'll stop being sarcastic..

still need some idea of dates, and also what airport you want to fly from.. i can't compare what i can find without the dates you've put in, to see if it is a bargain... i've just priced up a weekend in may, from manchester, at the cosmo, and it comes up at £500ish...

penn hotel is probably the closest to that shop, but is awful, i still recommend staying at a reasonably priced hotel, and the subway is cheap and simple you can get anywhere..
  • Quassi75
    Options
    Looking ideally to travel on the 27th of Feb and returning on the 1st of March. Travelling from either Heathrow or bristol airport and looking to go to JFK preferably.

Stayed at the Penn before and it's the worst hotel ever. Also stayed at the Wolcott which is ok near Empire..

So foar Expedia priced me around £350 to stay at the Americana Inn (all I need is a clean room and ensuite, which the Americana doesn't have) so not booked that yet..
    10 year anniversary
  • lizzie_dripping
    Options
    Hi,

I would like your advice on popping down to Washington DC while we are staying in NYC.

We are going to NYC on Sun 12 April landing at 13.30 and then leave on Thurs 16 April at 21.30

I've seen a package for around £100 each for a coach trip to DC and then a tour. From reading reviews it takes 4 hours to get there, you have 4 hours in DC and then 4 hours back. I've checked out the train times and it is around 3hours 20. For $288 from the AMtrak website.

It is our first time in NYC so I wonder if we will really have enough time to do this - with everything there is to see and do. I may have answered my own question but I would like any advice you guys have.

Thanks

I am just bring this back up as I have the same query and would be interested in any replies.
  • Quassi75
    Options
    I went to NYC for a week and then flew onto DC for a week a couple of years ago. Well woerth the visit, as I think DC is such a good place to visit and most of the attractions are free (museums ect...) And we bought some direct cheap flights with AA Eagle while out in the US.
    10 year anniversary
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    kdowner wrote: »
    Looking ideally to travel on the 27th of Feb and returning on the 1st of March. Travelling from either Heathrow or bristol airport and looking to go to JFK preferably.

Stayed at the Penn before and it's the worst hotel ever. Also stayed at the Wolcott which is ok near Empire..

So foar Expedia priced me around £350 to stay at the Americana Inn (all I need is a clean room and ensuite, which the Americana doesn't have) so not booked that yet..

aaah excellent.. ok... ditch the idea you must travel to JFK, it doesn't make ablind bit of difference regardless..

£235 for a flights with Northwest - arriving at LaGuardia
    $280 for a room at the cosmo for 2 nights - £207,

so a grand total of £452

the cosmo is a great hotel.... and widely recommended..

£243 for a direct flight, getting into JFK
  • Quassi75
    Options
    As mentioned, it doesnt matter where I stay as long as it's in the city and it's cheap as chips..
    10 year anniversary
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    well £103.50 for a room with a private bath is as cheap as chips when it comes to NYC
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am just bring this back up as I have the same query and would be interested in any replies.

the chinese coach companies do trip to DC.. takes about 4 hours on coach, around $30 return for the coach fare each, and then you can do your own thing or book a tour seperately...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure