Unenforceable Credit Agreements

Options

Comments

• never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    bert&ernie wrote: »
    All the above.......

I guess this is what I was trying to point out but just made a hash of it. Out of interest I don't actually have any old credit cards, mine are all post 2007 so I guess the CCA will be in order.

Incidentally, if this guy UK26 beats Experian in court then the way CRA's treat us and our info will change forever, such as only displaying factual live data and not holding info for 6yrs. Stuff like that. Can't wait, will be interesting to see what eventually happens cos that will have a huge impact on people repaying debt, for example if it can only go against you for say 1yr then lots of people will take the risk of not paying (I assume)....

Just pause for thought.... could be interesting to see what happens in the future if and when UK26 kicks butt!

Did you know that there are several companies that store data on us? I found a link earlier that shows there are companies that hold all sorts of data about us:

Fraud Prevention Agencies who also provide credit referencing services

CIFAS Members use one or more of the following fraud prevention agencies

Experian Ltd: Consumer Help Service, PO Box 9000, Nottingham NG80 7WP.
    Tel: 0844 481 8000 www.experian.co.uk

Equifax plc: Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 1140, Bradford BD1 5US.
    Tel: 0870 010 0583 www.equifax.co.uk

Callcredit Ltd: Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds LS3 1WZ.
    Tel: 0870 060 1414 www.callcredit.co.uk

Fraud Prevention Agencies who do not provide credit referencing services

Experian Limited - Experian Decision Analytics: Seabank House, Wight Moss Way, Southport PR8 4HQ.
    Tel: 0844 481 8000 www.experian-da.com

Synectics Solutions Ltd: Customer Helpdesk, Synectics House, The Brampton, Newcastle-under-Lyme ST5 0QY.
    Tel: 01782 664 000 www.synectics-solutions.com

Taken from here

Not to forget the dreaded N Hunter (also SAR'd them)....

I've sent SAR to each of the above so will let you know what they say when I get reports back. I also SAR CIFAS. Did you know that you only pay CRA's £2 for a SAR and not £10 like they try and ask for?

They get away with murder!
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • Cashpig74
    Cashpig74 Posts: 284 Forumite
    Options
    ...then you should still pay every penny back to the bank regardless of how bad and fu*ked up the contract is.

If you you dont - you'll burn in hell.

:j
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cashpig74 wrote: »
    ...then you should still pay every penny back to the bank regardless of how bad and fu*ked up the contract is.

If you you dont - you'll burn in hell.

:j
    You borrowed the money therefore you are legally and morally obliged to repay the lender the money that they loaned you in good faith.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • aj2703
    aj2703 Posts: 876 Forumite
    Options
    PROLIANT wrote: »
    You borrowed the money therefore you are legally and morally obliged to repay the lender the money that they loaned you in good faith.

Legally obliged if all the paperwork is correct.
    Morals do not come into a buisness agreement.
  • PROLIANT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    aj2703 wrote: »
    Legally obliged if all the paperwork is correct.
    Morals do not come into a buisness agreement.
    So if the deeds to your property were not in order and there was a few " i " not dotted or a few " t " not crossed, you would agree that your home could be taken from you without any moral interference then? :confused:
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • aj2703
    Options
    So if the deeds to your property were not in order and there was a few " i " not dotted or a few " t " not crossed, you would agree that your home could be taken from you without any moral interference then? :confused:

That wouldn't happen as i'd make sure the paperwork was correct before i signed. Just like the banks should have.
  • PROLIANT
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    aj2703 wrote: »
    That wouldn't happen as i'd make sure the paperwork was correct before i signed. Just like the banks should have.
    How do you know it would not happen?
    People slip up - just like banks, banks are run by people and managed by ICT systems, human error will always be in the equation.
  • aj2703
    Options
    It maybe. But then they have how many lawyers and various advisors at their disposal..?. A contract is a contract however you look at it. If you are nieave enough not to make sure your part of the contract is watertight. Then more fool you if you are later in a position to regret it.
  • Cashpig74
    Options

What?? If the deeds were in correct then if anything, the home owner would have a claim seeing as a professional body is responsible for drafting it up in the first place for the bank or land registry.

AJ Is 100% correct - it is a business arrangement and if it is in correct, then it is in correct and the deal is therefore "off". If the law states that compensation is possible, then you are legallu entitled to pursue the case.

Morals do not come in to play - its a weak minded and guilt ridden paranoia that only the foolish and idiotic would listen to..
  • Cashpig74
    Options
    """A contract is a contract however you look at it. If you are nieave enough not to make sure your part of the contract is watertight. Then more fool you if you are later in a position to regret it."""

*Claps slowly and loudly* - *stands and bows*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport