Free Wi-fi hotspots

Options

Comments

• stevey2005
    stevey2005 Posts: 37 Forumite
    Options
    an0key wrote: »
    haha there are too many around my area... I was talking about the legit ones

I have also a few up the street. Its a pitty the people who install the device do not understand the importance of security in wireless networking.
  • mrsyorkie
    mrsyorkie Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Bear in mind that it was on the news this morning about a man being arrested for stealing wi :)
  • Garetha
    Garetha Posts: 981 Forumite
    Options
    mrsyorkie wrote: »
    Bear in mind that it was on the news this morning about a man being arrested for stealing wi :)
    http://www.itpro.co.uk/news/123199/london-man-in-wireless-broadband-access-arrest.html
  • evanlee
    evanlee Posts: 100 Forumite
    Options
    Judith_M wrote: »
    Hi everyone - my first visit to the Forum. I clicked on the website for free wifi hotspots. Newcastle upon Tyne seems to have none at all! Is this correct? Has anyone found any hotspots they searched for?

hi judith im from newcastle and just before summer im sure i seen on the news that the whole of newcastle city centre was free wireless if thats any good :)
  • mightymole
    mightymole Posts: 589 Forumite
    Options
    wetherspoons have the "it" boxes to use as wi fi
  • Stubert
    Stubert Posts: 733 Forumite
    Options
    vinylmusic wrote: »
    Does anyone know if my Vonage wifi phone will work at hotspots or is it only for laptops

Yes. Wifi is wifi as far as I'm aware...
  • wee-man-91
    Options
    I have a Sony PSP and i have been searching for WiFi in my local area (Bristol) for ages but cant seem to find any apart from pubs which i am too young to go into.

Does anyone know any places at all or any good websites to use(i have tried some of the websites mentioned and they dont all work..the ones that do you have to pay to use in Bristol)??

Thanks =]
  • jennybridger
    Options
    the Lion and Lamb pub (worth a visit anyway) in Little Canfield, near great dunmow in essex has free Wifi

also most MacDonald's have free wifi too now
    Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
    Rejuvenate, Reinvent.......
  • Memetic
    Memetic Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    FON (www.fon.com) let you get free Wi-Fi in thousands of places, if you share your Wi-Fi with other "Foneros" they partnered with BT recently so they should keep growing the network. Even if you do not share your Wi-Fi you can get 15 minutes access by watching an advert.

In London www.online-4-free.com are giving access in exchange for watching an advert.
  • Eddi_the_Seahorse
    Options
    I was told (by someone who reckons to know about these things) that if a hacker used my wi-fi to download anything illegal, I would be held responsible. Suffice it to say that my wi-fi is now password-protected!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure