Options
14567810»

Comments

• jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    wayne1983 wrote: »
    Sorry, so what you mean theres going to be free access for all without needing one of these router things?

I read this- or something similar in the Evening Standard today, the report (which I no longer have to hand) states that as of the 1st, there would be a trial of 26 Wifi hot spots in the West End area of London (no particular places were mentioned but being they stated "the West End" I'd imagine they'd be placed in shopping areas such as Covent Grdn, Oxford St, Carnaby St...etc but I'd be suprized if they don't heavily advertise this pretty soon.

They said there would be a terms and conditions page you'd read and tick the box of then its free wifi! Be great if its not so heavily used its slowed down- they turn on the Xmas lights pretty soon which should bring in the crowds, if even 50% of those people were using Wifi you can expect a massive slow down! But still miles better then no wifi at all I think.
  • zipady_do
    Options
    jenniewb wrote: »
    they turn on the Xmas lights pretty soon which should bring in the crowds, if even 50% of those people were using Wifi you can expect a massive slow down! But still miles better then no wifi at all I think.

Just as an FYI; they turned on Regent St xmas lights last night :j
  • wayne1983
    wayne1983 Posts: 1,511 Forumite
    Options
    Oh so it seems it's for London only. I was checking that bt fon and in my area there were moe using it than I thought.
    But my thing is do you need to be right near that persons modem or will it pick it up a distance away?:beer:
    2016 Money challenge - £290
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport