Free Wi-fi hotspots

Options

Comments

• flashtwinkle
    Options
    it says none in my area and i know of two
  • forgottendreams
    Options
    Hi, new here... and prob gonna ask a silly question...
    If i purchase the BT Wifi package (£5 per month) for my ipod touch.. does that mean i can access any wifi hotspot? I know there are plenty free areas but what about hotels that charge etc? Would my BT wifi cover this?
    Thanking you :)
    I'm a Debt Free Wannabe :) PAID £4400/£6100 = 72.1% Busted!
  • davester
    davester Posts: 4,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    if you have a Ipod/iPhone then there is a free app called "free wifi" even links to the maps to show you how to get there.
    Survey earnings total 2009 £417, 2010 £875, 2011 £574
  • slenderkitten
    slenderkitten Posts: 1,051 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    baz8755 wrote: »
    Yep, I know of 3 or 4 in my street (perhaps people should learn about security :D )

well i couldn't even find ANY hotspots in my city and i know there is some so i dont rate this site
    My Signature is MY OWN!!
  • davester
    davester Posts: 4,079 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I like searching my area for wifi as some of the locals have rude names for their wifi name , Fart was maybe the cleanest lol. Seems my area has gone down hill since I was a child.
    Survey earnings total 2009 £417, 2010 £875, 2011 £574
  • f4phixeruk
    f4phixeruk Posts: 89 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jon_r wrote: »
    Any Mc donalds will be free i think Costa's are as well

Forget Costas St Andrews. No WiFi access paid or free,
  • Garetha
    Garetha Posts: 981 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, new here... and prob gonna ask a silly question...
    If i purchase the BT Wifi package (£5 per month) for my ipod touch.. does that mean i can access any wifi hotspot? I know there are plenty free areas but what about hotels that charge etc? Would my BT wifi cover this?
    Thanking you :)
    I think your BT package is limited to BT wifi sites - stations, motorway services, etc - here's what they say:
    Get BT Openzone Wi-Fi access as and when you need it in premium locations throughout the UK.
    With BT Openzone you can connect at over 190,000 UK and Ireland locations including those provided by the BT FON Wi-Fi Community. We've partnered with many high street names to bring you wireless internet access in many locations including: hotels, caf!s/coffee shops, railway stations, conference centres, exhibition venues, law courts, shopping areas, airport lounges and terminals and motorway service stations.
  • wifiuser
    Options
    FreeWifiHotels.co.uk has a directory of Hotels in London with Free Wifi Hotspot Internet access for guests. Some of the Hotels have free wifi internet access in public areas as well as in rooms.
    Regards
  • Selphie
    Options
    Really sorry if this has been mentioned before.. some of the libraries in my area (North Ayrshire, Scotland) offer free wifi now, you just have to be a member of the library to access it! So it may be worth checking with your local library if they offer this service or are planning to
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wifiuser wrote: »
    FreeWifiHotels.co.uk has a directory of Hotels in London with Free Wifi Hotspot Internet access for guests. Some of the Hotels have free wifi internet access in public areas as well as in rooms.
    Regards
    Think they'd set security on you though if you keep going in and sitting down for hours with a laptop :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure