Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Options

Comments

• debrag
    debrag Posts: 3,426 Forumite
    Options
    hayley11 wrote: »
    Well I rang Baines and Earnst about the DRO to see if I could finally get it sorted and surprise surprise they tried saying a DMP or joint IVA would be best, even though they hadn't taken ANY of my outgoings :confused:

He even said to me, if you do a DRO then after the 12 months all your debts are still there and you have to pay them :eek: Little liar!

I just told him that I wasn't interested in one of their pay monthly plans, I wanted a DRO and if they couldn't offer me one i'd go somewhere else, he said he'd transfer me and oh would you look at that, I got cut off :rolleyes:

So i'm going to keep trying CCCS and hope I can get through to them because i'm not dealing with that company ever again! :mad:

Did you phone their general number or their DRO number?
  • Keeping_Positive
    Options
    Not read the thread recently but OH having a mare with CCCS been trying to get through on the special DRO line for ages but no luck. PMd CCCS on here but got little sympathy just keep trying... what do they think hes been doing? Now he is starting to stress which affects his sleep = more painkillers = more damage :mad:. They need to sort the resources out for the demand.
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • karenreeves
    Options
    My other half is being advised to apply for a DRO, but have also found out through Payplan that he may have a beneficial interest in my property, which will impact the DRO application? I think?.
    The house in in my name - he moved in after I bought the house but obviously contributes his half towards bills and pays something for his rent, which is not exactly half of the repayment for the mortgage each month.
    I have tried contacting CAB for advice but just keep getting cut off and really need some advice about what he can do. how do I find out if he has a beneficial interest legally in my house? and if he does what does that mean for him/me and the DRO application and what are the implications of this?
    Please help!
  • elfieb
    elfieb Posts: 530 Forumite
    Options
    debrag wrote: »
    has anyone seen any changes to their credit reports? My 'scores' have gone down, one saying '0' lol and no new defaults just '6's or '£'s.

4 out of 5 of my accounts are now showing as Default.
    Barclaycard have now got me listed as 2 payments late.
    I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
    Mae West
  • hayley11
    hayley11 Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not read the thread recently but OH having a mare with CCCS been trying to get through on the special DRO line for ages but no luck. PMd CCCS on here but got little sympathy just keep trying... what do they think hes been doing? Now he is starting to stress which affects his sleep = more painkillers = more damage :mad:. They need to sort the resources out for the demand.

I'm in the same boat. I was going to ring somebody else today but haven't been too well so have to leave til Monday. I wanted to do it with CCCS because i've already given them all my details, really can't be bothered doing it all again!
    :heart: Think happy & you'll be happy :heart:
    I :heart2: my doggies
  • Walkinshaw
    Options
    I'm impressed by everyone saying how quick B and E whipped through it. I'd been going through mine with the CCCS since May - it was only granted on the 6th August because of the sheer number of clients they have to help. They're amazing but obviously time factors etc are pressing matters and it might be worth you trying elsewhere :(
  • fulleryoung
    Options
    I have a question about DRO's. I would like to do this as I have no assets (Only car on HP but finance in my mothers name) and under £15,000 worth of debt.

I do have one loan that my dad is a gurantor on but i understand that this loan will full on him and i would continue paying him.

My main question is: Could I lose my job if i get a DRO. I work for large firm that deals with all aspects of finiance.

I personnally deal with Bankruptcys and although I no in my contract it states that I could lose my job if I go bankrupt it doesnt say anything about anything else. I started this job over 3 and a half years ago and I no that DRO's were not around then.

I do have a second job which is helping me to pay my debt but will be leaving this job in 1 months time as I am not needed therefore i will not be able to pay my bills each month.

I would like to get it sorted before i can not pay my creditors anymore but i am worried about my full time job.

Please help!

fulleryoung
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,649 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options

My main question is: Could I lose my job if i get a DRO. I work for large firm that deals with all aspects of finiance.

I personnally deal with Bankruptcys and although I no in my contract it states that I could lose my job if I go bankrupt it doesnt say anything about anything else. I started this job over 3 and a half years ago and I no that DRO's were not around then.

This is more of an employment question. I guess that if they dismissed you for having a DRO you would claim unfair dismissal (having worked there more than one year you are protected) and an employment tribunal would rule on it.

Which way it would then go we can only speculate.

You should know that

1. Your employer is not routinely contacted with a DRO. Their details do go on your application but (I've checked this point with the DRO unit) the employer is only contacted if there's an attachment of earnings order on a debt.

2. Your name will be reccorded on a publically available list with the Insolvency Service. So anyone could check if they wanted to.
  • CCCS_Sue
    CCCS_Sue Posts: 966 Organisation Representative
    Options
    My other half is being advised to apply for a DRO, but have also found out through Payplan that he may have a beneficial interest in my property, which will impact the DRO application? I think?.
    The house in in my name - he moved in after I bought the house but obviously contributes his half towards bills and pays something for his rent, which is not exactly half of the repayment for the mortgage each month.
    I have tried contacting CAB for advice but just keep getting cut off and really need some advice about what he can do. how do I find out if he has a beneficial interest legally in my house? and if he does what does that mean for him/me and the DRO application and what are the implications of this?
    Please help!

Hi karenreeves

He could be classed as having beneficial interest if he has contributed towards any of the maintenance or bills, paid anything towards the deposit when you bought the house, or if he pays anything towards the mortgage.
    This would be what the official receiver would be looking at, and it would be his decision ultimately.

The assets limit on a DRO is £300, so if he is deemed as having beneficial interest, then his share of the equity could take him over this limit.

Regards
    CCCS
    I am a CCCS Debt Counsellor and have specific permission from Martin to post on these boards to try and help those in debt. Read more information on CCCS in the Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help article. If you find you're struggling with debt and you need further help try our online advice facility Debt Remedy
  • Aneki
    Options
    £50 or less per month? How does that make sense when Job Seekers get 90 quid every 2 weeks? Sit on your !!!!, making out you're 'trying' to find a job, when people who actually HAVE jobs have to have an expenditure of £50 or less to qualify. I'd like to meet someone who lives on £50 a month.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback