Debt Relief Orders (DRO) - Information & help thread

Options

Comments

• Orville
    Orville Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Have you not kept your DRO paperwork at all ?

If not, then send them your details, they should be able to match an account to them.

Yeah I have the ones from thr insolvency service and also another confirming it has been discharged.

Can I call them and get the account numbers..?
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,904 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Orville wrote: »
    Yeah I have the ones from thr insolvency service and also another confirming it has been discharged.

Can I call them and get the account numbers..?

Surely the account numbers are on the DRO paperwork along with each outstanding balance ?

It should show the name of the creditor, the account number, and how much was owed ?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,547 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    Surely the account numbers are on the DRO paperwork along with each outstanding balance ?

It should show the name of the creditor, the account number, and how much was owed ?

For some reason best known to the insolvency service, we intermediaries are required to submit the name of the creditor, the account number, and how much was owed.

Then when the list is given to the creditor and debtor it only shows the name of the creditor and how much was owed.

Never understood it.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,904 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    For some reason best known to the insolvency service, we intermediaries are required to submit the name of the creditor, the account number, and how much was owed.

Then when the list is given to the creditor and debtor it only shows the name of the creditor and how much was owed.

Never understood it.

Common sense never been a strong point were official affairs are concerned eh !!
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Sam090884
    Sam090884 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My DRO was submitted on Monday as far as I know by cab, how long before I know if it's been approved please
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Sam090884 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

My DRO was submitted on Monday as far as I know by cab, how long before I know if it's been approved please

Seems to be taking 2 days - one I submitted on Monday was approved at 10.00 this morning
  • Compalomp
    Options
    Hi

How do you know it has been approved? Is it on the insolvency register? Stepchange submitted mine on Monday about 12.30pm, but I keep checking the register and I'm not on there, so starting to get worried. Is there any other ways of finding out sooner?

Thanks x
  • fatbelly
    Options
    Compalomp wrote: »
    Hi

How do you know it has been approved? Is it on the insolvency register? Stepchange submitted mine on Monday about 12.30pm, but I keep checking the register and I'm not on there, so starting to get worried. Is there any other ways of finding out sooner?

Thanks x

I know it's approved because I'm an Intermediary and the DRO Team send me an email.

Now I try to phone my clients as soon as I get that, or pass the email on. But I appreciate not everyone works in the same way, and sometimes I'm not in work that day so it doesn't get done.

The following day, the entry appears on the register, so the best way is to look out for that.

A day or two after that you get your Debtor's Notice in the post - and that is the important document so keep it safe (for 6 years).
  • Sam090884
    Sam090884 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks fat belly, I found out this afternoon it's been approved ��So relieved that it has, I'll check the register tomorrow just to see
  • Compalomp
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. I did ask stepchange if they had received an email but they hadn't , so guess I will just have to wait!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback