The 'I want it NOW!!' debt/savings thread Part 2

Options

Comments

• jenjade
    jenjade Posts: 8,418 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    well done tine markinh reviews is important as people will read and rate you hopefully in return!! well done

Ouch for the travel system how old is you little one? is it your first baby?
    :j Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day:eek: with a broke heart :( Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition :j
  • yukkibear
    yukkibear Posts: 5,556 Forumite
    Options
    Oooh an expensive pushchair and accessories, sounds nice though.
  • jenjade
    Options
    I have just requested payment from dooyoo so that should be £50 in a week or so!
    :j Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day:eek: with a broke heart :( Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition :j
  • jenjade
    Options
    hi yukki had a nice day.. Well done on not spending January is so tempting!!
  • lilmissmup
    lilmissmup Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone watching Celeb BB tonight?
    Now a SAHM trying to earn some spare pennies each month
  • jenjade
    Options
    i usually watch it and find it rubbish usually but there is nothing better on so i guess i will watch ti while writting reviews.

Dooyoo has picked up a bit now i didn't like it quite! just shows how the people make the site!
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    It's not even born yet! LOL
    I'm just under 21 weeks pregnant (planning ahead!) and it's more of a travel system - so basically should see us ok from birth to about 2 or 3 (depending on how fast the little blighter grows!) and yup it's our first!
    Spoke to my dad this evening and he's fine with the £318 pricetag on the pram it self - lucky for me the exchange rate works in our favour for once! If it had been bought a year ago it would have in effect worked out nearly £100 more expensive! :eek:
    So that means we only have to find about £400 (HA!) for the cot section of the buggy and the carseat/base :) ah well... we always knew kids weren't cheap and my view is that buying what we want now and buying good quality means it'll last - if we buy anything cheaper I reacon it will be false economy anyway... Certainly judging on what friends who have kids have told me :)
    Only thing that I still have to work on it convincing DH that we don't have to buy everything new... *sigh* he's insisting that we're not havign second hand unless it's handme downs in the family... stubborn so and so... thankfully dad has loads of stuff for us - but getting it over from Denmark could prove fun!!!
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • jenjade
    Options
    god luck. I love babies. I was going to post some advice but can't think of any other than they grew fast so don't get to carried away.

At the last scan when i was pregnant with my daugher the midwife says she looks small and i might need some tiny baby clothes so i paniced bought about 20 brand new baby outfits for a tiny baby and she was 8lb 1 oz!! ha ha not tiny at all infact the newborn clothes only fitted her for 2 weeks as she was quite long!

Just don't get to carried away. You might not need everything you think you need.
  • yukkibear
    yukkibear Posts: 5,556 Forumite
    Options
    Aww congrats MrsTine. Just make sure you LOVE the travel system before you buy it. I bought mine and when my dd2 was seven or eight months we bought a smaller stroller because we got fed up of the travel system being bulky and bigger than we wanted etc.
  • jenjade
    Options
    the other thing is walk around the shop with it. The damm £400 granco travel system i had was a nightmare the brake was a bar along the bottem by your feet and if i was walking fast i would always stand on it and then the pram would stop and i would walk into it. Used to drive me insane! A lot read reviews about it and see what other people though were good and bad points!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure