The 'I want it NOW!!' debt/savings thread Part 2

Options

Comments

• CompletelyLost
    Options
    Woah I panicked when the old thread was closed - took me a while to figure there was a new one!!!

Anywa, evening to anyone around :) Just sold my coat on ebay, so should get about £20 after p&p. It was brand new but I never wore it so hopefully it's going to a better home & I'll have more wardrobe space!

I agree with you about Sean Slater, Nikki. So glad he didn't die, even if he is off his rocker.
  • yukkibear
    yukkibear Posts: 5,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They're both nice but I would go with Dawn's if I had the money lol.

Well done CL on ebay. I have found a huge pile of CD's when we tidied the lounge today so will list some on ebay and some on amazon etc, just comparing the prices on all the sites to see where I will get most from if they sell.

Also need to get a load more on ebay this weekend it's another cheap listing weekend.
  • Nichelette
    Nichelette Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done on selling the coat, I have so many coats but for some reason I can't seem to part with any of them. As of tomorrow I start 'working', I'm going to write my Prince's Trust letter and see what happens. My friend said there are quite a few vintage clothes shops in Shoreditch, so one day I plan on getting a travelcard and trawling London looking for places that might sell my jewellery.

I'd have missed Sean too, but I'll taken comfort in the fact that he isn't dead, even though he's unikely to grace our screens again :(.
    Finally bought a home
    Starting mortgage £289,500 31.01.19 - Current outstanding £207,243.66
    Overpayments since 27.03.19: £46,161.46
  • CompletelyLost
    Options
    Free listing again, so soon? Good job I still have some tat left, then! Though I listed about 30 things last weekend...only 5 items have bids and two sold on 'buy it now'. Good luck with the CDs yukki. I have soo many CDs but am not sure what's scratched and what's not, it doesn't seem worth selling them (I'm too lazy to listen to them all to check).

I have a thing about buying coats... I never wear most of them though :S I really need a new coat too but can't find anything that I like.

I like the way they left Sean's part open. I guess Ronnie & Jack think he's dead? Only Roxie knows he's alive... it's a bit like the Den Watts thing! I hope he does turn up again some day.
  • lilmissmup
    lilmissmup Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    Options
    You never know, Nasty Nick is back......again! :p

I am off now, have work tomorrow, where have the last 9 days gone :( so catch ya in evening.
    Now a SAHM trying to earn some spare pennies each month
  • jenjade
    jenjade Posts: 8,418 Forumite
    Options
    yukki have you tried music magpie ? for the cd
    :j Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day:eek: with a broke heart :( Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition :j
  • yukkibear
    yukkibear Posts: 5,556 Forumite
    Options
    CL it's a cheap listing not free unfortunately. I have tat that is only good enough for free listings lol.

Good luck with the letter Nicki I'm sure you'll do fab.
    See you tomorrow Dawn.

Yes Jen I had a quick look at Music magpie but they didn;t recognise one of my barcodes so I checked out play.com and one cd I have is selling for £9.99 second hand and is out of stock on there site so bunged it on there. Have just got out a handful of cd's to check through them tonight and will do some more tomorrow.
  • Nichelette
    Nichelette Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'd like him to come back at some point. I've wikipedia'd him & apparently he has said he wouldn't mind coming back at some day. He's only two school years older than me which I find a bit strange, though mentally I still think I'm about 16 lol.
    Finally bought a home
    Starting mortgage £289,500 31.01.19 - Current outstanding £207,243.66
    Overpayments since 27.03.19: £46,161.46
  • CompletelyLost
    Options
    Oh right :) Well, cheap is still better than full price. I can't find any info about it - don't suppose you have a link so I can see what's included?

Music magpie pay pretty rubbish prices unfortunately. http://www.cex.co.uk/ often pay slightly more though I'm not sure if they still accept CDs.

I always thought Sean was older too... didn't realise he was born in '83 so only a few years older than me. I think I will always be stuck at 18 in my mind :o Can;t help feeling like I've achieved a lot less than most people my age but never mind, dwelling on it doesn't really help :S
  • jenjade
    jenjade Posts: 8,418 Forumite
    Options
    How old are you all then? i am 28 .. 29 in march!
    :j Proud mum to Jade age 10 years and Baby Ellie born Christmas Day:eek: with a broke heart :( Proven to be a little fighter and battling on with her heart condition :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure