Comments

• luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The Bellagio Fountains
    Stew68 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Quick live report from Vegas for those coming over soon. Went to the Mirage box office yesterday morning (about 10.00am) and asked for deals on Love tickets, got one for that nights performance (9.30) at 50% off.

Stew

I posted this a couple of pages back so I'm glad you found it was still true. Good show at that price.

I'm having second thoughts about all the shows we had planned. Not sure I want to be stuck for 90 mins to 2 hours almost every night. I'm feeling jaded about it and I have been yet.
  • luci
    Options
    The Bellagio Fountains
    Stew

If you look in again I wonder if you can help? Was there much construction in the route from the airport to the hotel? Was your taxi fare higher than normal?

I have read that there is major construction on all the main routes from the airport including Swenson, Paradise, Tropicana, Koval and Harmon. This makes it a toss up whether to take the tunnel or not.

Apparently it will be ongoing for about 4 months. This is making the shuttle an attractive option for once.
  • davidmcg2u
    davidmcg2u Posts: 391 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The Secret Garden
    luci wrote: »
    Stew

If you look in again I wonder if you can help? Was there much construction in the route from the airport to the hotel? Was your taxi fare higher than normal?

I have read that there is major construction on all the main routes from the airport including Swenson, Paradise, Tropicana, Koval and Harmon. This makes it a toss up whether to take the tunnel or not.

Apparently it will be ongoing for about 4 months. This is making the shuttle an attractive option for once.

Luci,

Airport - Venetian (Wed 11th) was around $18, on way back PH - airport (18th) was $13. To be honest I wasn't really concetrating on the roads & have only been twice now so no expert but fayres may be a guide for you.

David
  • funkyfin2000
    Options
    The Bellagio Fountains
    TangoBunny wrote: »
    When are you going again Rich???

Will be in Vegas 4th - 8th May i think it is :)
  • Coatze_2
    Coatze_2 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    The Bellagio Fountains
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    Glad you had a great time and look forward to reading the full report!

Can I ask how you managed the PE upgrade?

Is there any response to the above, I booked direct with expedia and cant find an option to upgrade. How much was the upgrade mate?

Cheers
  • Froggitt
    Froggitt Posts: 5,904 Forumite
    Options
    The Fremont street experience
    I guess its the upgrade at checkin option.....couple of hundred quid from memory.
    illegitimi non carborundum
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    The Bellagio Fountains
    Coatze wrote: »
    Is there any response to the above, I booked direct with expedia and cant find an option to upgrade. How much was the upgrade mate?

Cheers

He did PM me to say that he kept calling Virgin asking about the cost to upgrade until it was an amount he was happy with - varied dramatically day-to-day and was a lot less than the cost to upgrade at check-in. Not sure if booking with Expedia would impact your chances instead of booking direct with Virgin but can't hurt to check.

I'd known about the upgrade at check-in option from stoneman's experiences, but this may be worth trying too...it can't hurt to ask and if it's more than you want to pay you can just say no thanks. :)
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • Coatze_2
    Coatze_2 Posts: 113 Forumite
    Options
    The Bellagio Fountains
    ferf1223 wrote: »
    He did PM me to say that he kept calling Virgin asking about the cost to upgrade until it was an amount he was happy with - varied dramatically day-to-day and was a lot less than the cost to upgrade at check-in. Not sure if booking with Expedia would impact your chances instead of booking direct with Virgin but can't hurt to check.

I'd known about the upgrade at check-in option from stoneman's experiences, but this may be worth trying too...it can't hurt to ask and if it's more than you want to pay you can just say no thanks. :)

Thanks ferf.

I have been advised that twilight check in may be a better option, You can check in from the previous day as soon as that flight has left that morning. I was told around £75! not bad for a 10 hour flight really.
  • miss-coordinated
    Options
    The Bellagio Fountains
    Hi

I booked flights today- wanted to upgrade with airmiles but couldn't for the flight we wanted (only for the more expensive flights on less convinient dates) does anyone know if we might be able to upgrade with airmiles at check in?

Any tips on booking the bellagio? can't seem to find valid codes!

So excited!! I've never even been outside Europe!

Oh and on that note- insurance, how do I know what to look for? found it for £10-something on a compare site but not sure if it covers everything? (have only ever used post office insurance before but it's too expensive for this trip)

Oh I'll be leaving this Sunday!
  • luci
    Options
    The Bellagio Fountains
    davidmcg2u wrote: »
    Luci,

Airport - Venetian (Wed 11th) was around $18, on way back PH - airport (18th) was $13. To be honest I wasn't really concetrating on the roads & have only been twice now so no expert but fayres may be a guide for you.

David

Thanks for that. Been doing a bit of digging and it appears the construction starts tonight so the reports should appear on any trip reports from now on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure