Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Auction to raise funds for death row dogs

in Pets & pet care
110 replies 4.6K views
If anyone would like to buy or sell anything to raise funds for pound dogs in the north, please have a look at the site and join the RDR forum.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/RDR_Forum/index.php?

Thanks from us and the dogs xx

Replies

• hethmarhethmar Forumite
    10.7K Posts
    Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    If anyone on here is a Rescue, please consider giving places to these dogs who are desperate.
  • Some lovely dogs in pounds looking for rescue spaces on this bit of your site:
    http://z10.invisionfree.com/RDR_Forum/index.php?showtopic=5403
    (if anyone wants to see pics of the dogs listed click on the (posted image) text at the bottom of each listing)

Look at this girl, Waffle, a dear little oldie - hope someone claims her or a rescue has her before her time is up - just love those ears!!!
    WafflePound.jpg

and this lively little lad - just 3 years old
    TantrumPound.jpg

If anyone wants a reason why not to breed more dogs, or encourage breeding by buying pups, isnt the plight of these enough to make you think twice?

Waffle's put to sleep date is Dec 31st, the little JRT's is the 6th Jan.

Hope some rescue dogs have been homed to make space for these guys!!
    10.7K Posts
    FC, we are going to pay for Waffle to go into emergency boarding kennels until we can find her a rescue place as none has come forward. Trouble is we are now paying for 11 dogs in emergency boarding - even though we get it at only £4 a day for each dog, its adding up - and we have about 9 in the pound on their 7 days with more coming in.
  • hethmar wrote: »
    FC, we are going to pay for Waffle to go into emergency boarding kennels until we can find her a rescue place as none has come forward.

Thank goodness, would be so sad for a little old lady like her to spend her last week in the pound then be put to sleep without the comfort of having anyone she knows with her.

I really hope someone does offer her a place, she is lovely and far too old to be in kennels for long - she looks like she would be very happy with a nice warm fireplace and a little toddle round the garden!

Good luck with your fund raising, I know it costs groups like RDR a fortune to keep these dogs alive, I wish people would stop churning pups out for cash when dogs like these are desperate for homes.
  • On Friday please someone talk me thru this death row thing, i'll gladly pay £50 quid to sort some if I can?
    10.7K Posts
    Its very kind of you Lily, but just look after yourself and your lot for now -. May be you can bid for something on the auction - its not for another couple of weeks as people are still putting items on it.? There are some lovely little knitted jackets for dogs or a rather nice collar tag with "I saved a human" on it :)

FC, as it happens I had a lovely lady on the phone tonight who has put some money forward for Waffle.
    Its very kind of you Lily, but just look after yourself and your lot for now -. May be you can bid for something on the auction - its not for another couple of weeks as people are still putting items on it.? There are some lovely little knitted jackets for dogs or a rather nice collar tag with "I saved a human" on it :)

FC, as it happens I had a lovely lady on the phone tonight who has put some money forward for Waffle.

Nooo if the dogs need help I want to help, there's nothing I need from any auctions tho I will look!
  • Lily - shall we see if we can get one of these - in a GSD x size - I know a certain Mrs T who would love one for her doggy!!!:rotfl:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/RDR_Forum/index.php?showtopic=5408

Ellie129408.jpg

lol! She would kill us!!!:idea:

ETA - you have just saved a life, indirectly by rescuing Chaya - wich is the biggest single thing anyone can do to solve the current problem - and your thread is a great source of info and inspiration for anyone thinking of doing the same - lets hope some others will be inspired to choose a rescue dog too!
    May be you can bid for something on the auction - its not for another couple of weeks as people are still putting items on it.? .

ok, I will bid for a couple of things!

Can we start bidding now, or is it best just to keep an eye on it for the moment?

Do we have to register for the website to be able to bid?
  • Lily - shall we see if we can get one of these - in a GSD x size - I know a certain Mrs T who would love one for her doggy!!!:rotfl:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/RDR_Forum/index.php?showtopic=5408

Ellie129408.jpg

lol! She would kill us!!!:idea:

ETA - you have just saved a life, indirectly by rescuing Chaya - wich is the biggest single thing anyone can do to solve the current problem - and your thread is a great source of info and inspiration for anyone thinking of doing the same - lets hope some others will be inspired to choose a rescue dog too!

LMFAO and, as baby T isa girl, one for her too in a clothing set? lmao
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals