get paid £1.40 for every 150 word review you write! Amazing new site

Options

Comments

• kt.swan
    Options
    I've just looked and the maximum you can do as a beginner is 10 reviews per month, then at the top level just 60. :(
  • Aurelia_2
    Aurelia_2 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    kt.swan wrote: »
    I've just looked and the maximum you can do as a beginner is 10 reviews per month, then at the top level just 60. :(
    10 is better than doing 0 :) It's not a site aimed at people with pure greed on their mind now these new rankings have come in, which I think will make the quality of reviews much higher and more helpful for everyone.

I enjoy writing so for me, getting paid for a few reviews on the site is a nice little bonus :D
    £2 Savers Club no.91 = ?? (unknown until full and counted)
    Review writing = £3.60 + $25.00
    Myhpf = £4.45
    STP = £1.82 v10.04
  • robin_banks
    robin_banks Posts: 15,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How long does it take to write a 150 word review?
    "An arrogant and self-righteous Guardian reading tvv@t".

!!!!!! is all that about?
  • sarahs999
    sarahs999 Posts: 3,751 Forumite
    Options
    How long is a piece of string?!
    Depends how fast you write, how knowledageble you are, whether you have to look anything up.... for me, just a few minutes.
  • mattygroves_3
    Options
    How long does it take to write a 150 word review?

Open Microsoft Word, or the word processor of your choice. Find a product or service you know something about. Write about it. Do a word count. How long did that take you? How lazy is that, to just ask a forum how long it takes to write a next to worthless review?

For most things you might review, it doesn't matter - you'll struggle to say anything of value in 150 words.

I really do feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall. Even for sites like this, Qype and Bview, good quality reviews are crucial. It IS true that you don't need to write tomes, or even write as long as you might for dooyoo. But it's not about churning as much rubbish out in as short a period of time as possible - that's why comparedby.us has had to change its rules.

It's this VERY attitude that will force sites like this against the wall. Well done.
  • robin_banks
    robin_banks Posts: 15,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think you misunderstand me, the point of my post was concerning getting paid the princley sum of £1.40 for 150 words of drivel.

I can't be bothered and won't ever be bothered to write reviews for the very reasons you've just mentioned. To do a product review might take you some time to see if it works, an album review dictates you'll need to listen to the albume etc, point being the amount of taken to do some research renders your £1.50 a pittance.

FTR I very dount my original post or attitude will force this site against the wall ;)
    "An arrogant and self-righteous Guardian reading tvv@t".

!!!!!! is all that about?
  • sarahs999
    Options

For most things you might review, it doesn't matter - you'll struggle to say anything of value in 150 words.

Goodness Matty, calm down. You do like to stress yourself, don't you?

I find I can be perfectly concise and useful in 150 words.

If you don't believe me you're welcome to check out any of my reviews on the site. I have only reviewed things I have strong feelings about, making it easy to point out flaws/top features to a prospective buyer.

IN FACT if you can't put yourself across clearly in 150 words then you need an editor. Who has the time to plough through hundreds of wordy reviews when you just want the basics on an item you're planning to buy? The product listing will tell you the pertinent info, you just need a personal view on what features work/don't work.

(124 words....)
  • Camp_Freddy
    Options
    FTR I very dount my original post or attitude will force this site against the wall ;)

On your own? No.

Go to the search bar and type "dooyoo" into the search (make sure you've selected "forum") and hit 'Enter'.

So, this brings up a list of posts on the forum where Dooyoo is mentioned:

"my target for today is three reviews"
    "mortgage free wannabe"
    "debt free wannabe"
    "I've lost my job and need to earn some money"
    "First to hit £15,000 gets a paper hat"
    "£10 per day January challenge"

and so it goes, ad infinitum. Sites such as MSE are promoting sites like Dooyoo as a viable way of earning money. No-one ever pays much mind to the existing member base or the quality of work required in these posts... people focus on the limits: "how many reviews per day?", "how many words?" "when can I cash out?" etc. Get in, get your money, get out and on to the next site.

For most people, at least 400 words is the basis for a Useful review. If you have the skill to write a Very Useful review in under 400 words, then you're too good and wasting your time on Dooyoo earning pennies when you could be freelancing for pounds.
  • mattygroves_3
    Options

For most people, at least 400 words is the basis for a Useful review. If you have the skill to write a Very Useful review in under 400 words, then you're too good and wasting your time on Dooyoo earning pennies when you could be freelancing for pounds.

It also does depend on what you're writing about. I do tend to verbal diarrhoea, and do write rather long winded reviews (although far better than I used to). Reviews on some food products for example, should be short (actually, arguably they shouldn't be there at all - who comparison shops for Snickers?)

On the other hand, a movie, mobile phone, computer review would, I'd think, be very sketchy at 150 words, and, particularly with technology reviews, be indistinguishable from reviews of similar products at that length.

Sarah, which site are you talking about - comparedby.us or epinions/ciao/dooyoo? What sort of products are you reviewing?
  • sarahs999
    Options
    On your own? No.

I do. And I'm a full-time sub-editor on a national broadsheet. I just want to earn as much as I can (I also run a cake business)..

Why shouldn't people be doing this for money? The opportunity is there, and money is offered as an incentive. No-one's forcing these sites to offer us cash for reviews, that's their business model. The businesses know that people do this for money, they're not stupid, and they will have factored it into their business plans (and if they haven't, as was clearly the case with Compared, they will do so pretty sharpish). As Freddy has so concisely pointed out, no-one is going to become a millionaire doing it. It's to supplement income. For me, every penny I earn goes to service my debt. I have no qualms about taking up any opportunities that come my way to do it.

(146 words!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport