The 'complete this challenge' challenge...suitable for all!

edited 13 June 2009 at 6:42PM in Debt Free Diaries
1.2K replies 66.3K views

Replies

• Morning everyone and Happy New Year!! :D

I feel like this challenge has really started now that it's a new year.

My tasks for January are:
    1. Answer 50 questions on AQA every weekday and 100 questions on Saturdays and Sundays. If I do this then I will get to £600 by the end of the month. Will do 50 today - already done 20.
    2. Get £50 worth of Amazon vouchers on Dooyoo. Nearly got to £10 already.
    3. Find a way to get back the £8.10 I've spent on presents/cards.
    4. List 20 items on Ebay (5 on each Sunday). Already listed 10 items which finish on Sunday.
    5. Complete tax return.
    I have spent £3.11 on cat food this morning (the cheapest I could find, should last at least a week).

I'm at my mum's for most of the day but have already put a wash on today and this evening I am going to tidy the kitchen and put my washing out to dry. I want to try and get to a £10 voucher on Dooyoo today as well.

Have a good day everyone :D .

Emily x
  • yukkibearyukkibear Forumite
    5.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    just joined another challenge for me to commit to .. £1000 in 100 day challenge :D

I joined that one too :rolleyes: oo - err time to get my money brain in gear I think.
  • pandapawspandapaws Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Happy New Year everyone!

I joined lula-hula's £100 a year clothes budget challenge yesterday, so if I add that here then it means I've got to stick to it.

We started the new year as we mean to go on - was tidying DS's bedroom until 11.45 last night, and writing a list after than of how we're going to get ourselves sorted out this year. Once I've tidied it all up, I'm going to post it on here so that it is committed in stone! Doing not too badly today so far but nothing notable achieved yet as DH is at work so I'm keeping the kids amused.

Might take a look at the 100 day challenge. Or maybe not - don't want to join unless I can definitely complete it. Will have a think!
  • Having just had the laziest day ever - got up at 11, been slobbing with DS on the sofa or playing with him and his toys for most of the day - I think I need to get a list going of all the things I need to do tonight. OH is at work for 1900, so once DS is in bed, the housework will begin!

*Get all the recycling from around the house and put it out
    *Empty all the rubbish bins
    *Put toys away
    *Hoover downstairs (and upstairs once DS is asleep), and sofa (Charlie took advantage of an open stair gate last night as slept on it!)
    *Clean kitchen floor and move a few bits around
    *Start listing ebay items on Turbolister
    *Clean Bathroom
    *Sort out paperwork [STRIKE]file[/STRIKE] pile and shred as needed

I have, in between playing/slobbing with Connor, cleaned the kitchen sides, done the washing up, done the washing, sorted out the huge toiletries/present cupboard, fixed the shelf and put the clean laundry away, but still I have lots to do tonight.
    On late night tomorrow (1430 start) and DS is at nursery from 0800, so it doesn't matter if I'm up late tonight :) Good job really!
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
  • Having just had the laziest day ever - got up at 11, been slobbing with DS on the sofa or playing with him and his toys for most of the day - I think I need to get a list going of all the things I need to do tonight. OH is at work for 1900, so once DS is in bed, the housework will begin!

*[strike]Get all the recycling from around the house and put it out[/strike] Done
    *[strike]Empty all the rubbish bins[/strike] Done
    *[STRIKE]Put toys away[/STRIKE] Done
    *Hoover downstairs (and upstairs once DS is asleep), and sofa (Charlie took advantage of an open stair gate last night as slept on it!)
    *Clean kitchen floor and move a few bits around
    *Start listing ebay items on Turbolister
    *[STRIKE]Clean Bathroom[/STRIKE] Done
    *Sort out paperwork [strike]file[/strike] pile and shred as needed

I have, in between playing/slobbing with Connor, cleaned the kitchen sides, done the washing up, done the washing, sorted out the huge toiletries/present cupboard, fixed the shelf and put the clean laundry away, but still I have lots to do tonight.
    On late night tomorrow (1430 start) and DS is at nursery from 0800, so it doesn't matter if I'm up late tonight :) Good job really!

Four jobs done :)
    'We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars' - Oscar Wilde
  • KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    37.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did my 5 a day posting on ebid - had to join first, register a card, blah blah. Very pleased to have made a start, but no idea whether or not the magazines will sell.
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
    Not counting this! 2020
    Garden fencing completed, woohoo 2021..........
    October 2021: aiming for £5,000 new money for premium bonds or a car.
    2.1K Posts
    Wow Sarah, you really put me to shame. Your stuff that you didn't include on the list is more than I've managed to do all day, even with a big list to work to.

KC, fab that you've finally got going with ebid - I'll be watching closely to see whether or not it's worth registering with them. In fact I think I am already registered, but didn't get as far as listing anything.

Tonight, while at work, I will:
    • Write thank-you cards for Christmas presents
    • Check all my email accounts
    • Do any surveys that have been sent today
    • Tidy up my Ebay shop
    Oh, and maybe do a little bit of work :o ...not too much though.:p
  • lauradoralauradora Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Good challenge panda, good luck everyone and happy new year!

Still in debt but happy :cool:
    DFW nerd no 844

:D
  • HalesHales Forumite
    860 Posts
    Id like to join this challenge,
    my first goal that i'm gonna put down is

Learn To Drive

I've really gotta get motivated this year and do it at last!!!

Can I have a number please?!?
    Official Dribbler :D
    This is the year to #getfit
    2.1K Posts
    Hi Laura - Happy New Year! Not seen you around much lately, all ok?

Welcome Hales - good luck with the driving. Think that's the first I've seen on the challenge. Number 37 duly allocated!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides