Poor service at Pizza Hut

Options
(I posted this on the wrong forum before...sorry, I'm new!)

I recently had very bad service at pizza hut, false advertisment of a meal, poor service and a data protection issue. I sent a letter to their customer service department and received a rubbish letter back with little apology, they even listed the incorrect restaurant...ending the letter with a cocky/sarcastic comment about the data protection of the complant letter...there was no form of compensation. Would you follow this up with another letter? What would you write in it, and would you include copies of what has been sent/received? I'm not prepared to give in yet!!

Comments

• LinasPilibaitisisbatman
    Options
    What happened?

Dont see how Pizza hut could break DPA.
  • dreamypuma
    dreamypuma Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Are you sure you are entitled to compensation? Or is it a gesture of goodwill you are after?

If you are able to elaborate on the circumstances of your complaint, maybe we can help. I find that the tone and content of a letter and the demands can have a significant impact on the outcome of a complaint letter.

If you are able to post the content of your letter (without names and personal details) this may also help us give you a bit of guidance.

More info is required.
    My farts hospitalize small children :o
  • Pink_fluff
    Options
    I didn't know data protection applied to pizza
  • Plushchris
    Plushchris Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    Pink_fluff wrote: »
    I didn't know data protection applied to pizza

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::T:T
    Missing Tesco R&R since Feb '07 :A & now a "Tesco veteran" apparently! ;)
  • Thanatos
    Thanatos Posts: 882 Forumite
    Options
    What happened?

Dont see how Pizza hut could break DPA.

I wouldn't have thought it that difficult - They hold Credit Card details and name and address details if you get a delivery from them, so not beyond the realms of impossibility - they simply have to pass those details on to another company or individual...

I have had problems with their false advertising of meals too, when they end leaflet deals a month earlier than advertised...
  • fightbacknow_2
    Options
    Sorry for the delay, I did post a reply but it logged me out and didn't send! Grr!

Ok, firstly, the letter I sent was very polite, to the point and not sarcastic.

The complaint was made for a number of reasons, on entry we were taken to a table and ignored for 15mins, we asked for service but it took its time (the restaurant was not busy, they were putting knives on every table) we ordered our food and side orders were delivered as starters....the main meal comes and it does not match the description. We ordered a pasta dish which includes chilli, sundried tomatos and roasted vegetables, we were given pasta in a dried up cream sauce which looked nothing like the picture advertised or the description, we complained to the waitor who instantly got his back up (definitely has the complaint regularly) he said we could have a fresh meal and they would ''knock up some veg'' but it would take 20 minutes...we were busy and did not have anymore time after waiting so long to be served. We ended up not having the main meal and complained to the manager, her attitude was awful, no apology, all she was worried about was getting a complaint made against her...she would not provide the address for the complaints department and she made us write down our contact address and phone number ''so she can prove herself if we do complain'' this was left at the till point, we later thought about this and decided this was not a relevant reason to ask for our details (we gave them in a rush) we phoned to check they had been removed from the till point and the person said they were still there!!! Bad service, bad experience!!
  • squidge60
    squidge60 Posts: 1,129 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sorry for the delay, I did post a reply but it logged me out and didn't send! Grr!

Ok, firstly, the letter I sent was very polite, to the point and not sarcastic.

The complaint was made for a number of reasons, on entry we were taken to a table and ignored for 15mins, we asked for service but it took its time (the restaurant was not busy, they were putting knives on every table) we ordered our food and side orders were delivered as starters....the main meal comes and it does not match the description. We ordered a pasta dish which includes chilli, sundried tomatos and roasted vegetables, we were given pasta in a dried up cream sauce which looked nothing like the picture advertised or the description, we complained to the waitor who instantly got his back up (definitely has the complaint regularly) he said we could have a fresh meal and they would ''knock up some veg'' but it would take 20 minutes...we were busy and did not have anymore time after waiting so long to be served. We ended up not having the main meal and complained to the manager, her attitude was awful, no apology, all she was worried about was getting a complaint made against her...she would not provide the address for the complaints department and she made us write down our contact address and phone number ''so she can prove herself if we do complain'' this was left at the till point, we later thought about this and decided this was not a relevant reason to ask for our details (we gave them in a rush) we phoned to check they had been removed from the till point and the person said they were still there!!! Bad service, bad experience!!
    we are talking pizza hut here you didnt really expect good service did you.i have lost count of how many people whinge about them.dirty cutlery,booked party to wait 25/30 mins for any kind of service,given wrong pizza, the list is endless .....oh and lets not forget the attitude of some staff who think given the service they should get a tip :rotfl:
  • fightbacknow_2
    Options
    Doesn't mean we should sit back and accept it, perhaps if a few more people complained things would get better.
  • squidge60
    squidge60 Posts: 1,129 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Doesn't mean we should sit back and accept it, perhaps if a few more people complained things would get better.
    did i say i didnt complain?:confused:
  • fightbacknow_2
    Options
    No but I mean in general, you said ''i have lost count of how many people whinge about them.dirty cutlery,booked party to wait 25/30 mins'' and I said those people should complain. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure