National Accident Database?

Options

Comments

• ambriel
    Options
    I had these !!!!!! ring me twice today. The rudest people I've ever heard from.

The guy (strong Liverpool accent) hung up on me without a word when I told him I hadn't been involved in an accident.

If you work for this bunch of !!!!!!s I strongly suggest you start looking for another job ASAP because you really aren't doing yourself any favours.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ambulance chasing of the worst kind
  • gezzs
    gezzs Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    dmacca05 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Been reading the slating going on here about this company, I feel quiet strong about this because the first impressions you are all putting out on the company are totally biased, i do actually work for this company and just because a fair few of you haven't had an accident in the last few years you are now slating our reps!

The company is totally legitimate and our aim is to provide free impartial advice and comparisons, yes there are 3 sides of the business being:

Utilities - Comparisons for all UK suppliers, also fully accredited by Consumer Focus ( Energy Helpline)
    Accidents - The main topic of this thread
    Insurance - Car, Bike and Van

Can i also inform many customers that TPS service needs to be updated every year or your data can still be sold to companies like ourselves, just like other companies we source our data from many places, yes this data in some cases will need filtering because if you are anything like me, when you fill in any type of form online you may put a fake name, number etc!!

I just want to get our point across, hope a few people have been made aware now.

Many Thanks

David

I've just been called by this "company". I would name the caller, but I could not understand his accent (no it wasnt Liverpool). He mispronounced my name, but was asking for me - trying to sell me cheaper electricity and gas. He would not say where he got my number.

I am also registered with TPS - and to reply to 'David' who works for these t055ers - NO you do not have to re-register annually if you are residential. Check your facts mate!

Quote from TPS website:
    "If you have registered a residential number or a number belonging to a sole trader or (except in Scotland) partnership, you do not need to renew. However, if you have registered a number on to the Corporate TPS belonging to a Limited company, Plc or other large organisation, you are required to renew annually."

This kind of cold calling is why TPS exists. So if anyone else is reading this - and works in a company that employs these tactics - get the message - WE ARE NOT INTERESTED! :mad::mad::mad:
  • Falco_2
    Options
    Hiya All, as i've had 6 or 7 calls from this number now I've done some digging and might have some usefull information for you all, The say that they have got your details from an accident database (of which you can only get details of if you write to them - so far no written response) :-

The Company is:
    Accident assistance
    North Mersey Business center
    Woodward Road
    Liverpool
    L33 7UY

Their MOJ authorisation reference is CRM 10314

Now the interesting bit, this is a claims handling company and as such is regulated by the Ministry of Justice (ww w.claimsregulation.gov.uk) and as a regulated body they are not allowed to cold call !!!!
    Now my theory is that they are playing the numbers game and 99.9% of people will just hang up, but if you (like me) are hacked off with this then you can register a complaint with the Ministry of justice and hopefully if enough people do this they will have their authorisation revoked.

The MOJ will advise you to write to the company and send it recorded delivery, details of the companys complaints procedure are available on

ww w .callaccidentassistance. co.uk

hopefully that has answered a few questions and maybe even given a few of you a new avenue to take to get them to stop calling.
  • hullight
    hullight Posts: 524 Forumite
    Options
    I was called today and I tried to extract information from the guy but all he could tell me was that his 'computer screen' is showing that I had a motorbike accident in the last three years. I asked where this information came from and he said to write to:

Complaints Department
    Accident Assistance
    Quay Building
    Woodward Road
    North Mersey Business Centre
    Knowlsey
    Merseyside
    L33 7UY

I thought it sounded a bit dodgy and it's a bit unnerving that this company has got hold of this information!
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 July 2009 at 10:26PM
    Options
    Accident Assistance is authorised by theMOJ in the name of Anthony Donald Evans Limited.

They also trade as Assistaclaim.

Business Name Anthony Donald Evans LtdAddress:Unit 6 North Mersey Business Centre, Woodward Road,Town/City:LiverpoolCounty: MerseysidePostcode:L33 7UYTrading Names Accident Assistance
    Assistaclaim
    Sector:Personal Injury,
    Authorisation Number:CRM10314

ETA: Just noticed that someone else has already pointed this out! Apologies.
  • Rosalyn_2
    Options
    Just to reiterate that to operate as any claims assistance company, they must conduct themselves according to Direct Marketing guidelines.... unlike what was blatantly claimed on the phone when I challenged this company tonight about their cold-calling our TPS and ex-directory number! They also tried to claim that they are not obliged to filter their data to prevent their calling TPS numbers..... and no, dmacca05, TPS does NOT require updating every year, and that's from the TPS directly. It is your company's responsibility to filter and check any data you hold or acquire in order to make sure your company does not break the Law.
  • Rosalyn_2
    Options
    Interestinger and interestinger - this company is now spamming my mobile number, which is also TPS regd and the number has never been divulged to them, Why would I do that?????? when I don't want them calling me at all, ever.

Then got a witheld number call, claimed to be from the MoJ :confused: to whom I had sent a complaint using their on-line form, but clearly not in the know of all the info, and seemed to be fishing for more info from me so I ended that call, politely of course, but clearly explaining that after numerous spam calls I wasn't prepared to confirm or clarify anything further with anyone who didn't seem to know what I had or hadn't sent in. But, if it WAS the MoJ, she did start off by saying she'd checked this company out and that this Accident Assistance company at the address given is *unauthorised* to conduct business.

So, if that's so, and they're not subject to Direct Marketting regs, and not authorised so the MoJ isn't interested, just what do we do to stop them harrassing us?
  • Philbert_2
    Options
    Just something to add to this discussion.

I was called by this number 01512905090 last Friday, and I'm assuming it's part of the same scam (if that's the word, what do they hope to get?). An (angry) liverpool-accented chap told me he was from Accident Assistance and that money had been set aside following an accident I'd had.

The difference from what's been described above and my call is that I'm fairly sure it wasn't cold-calling and hoping to get lucky. He knew specific details about my accident (other party's full name, cars involved). So there is an information exchange going on somewhere. Obviously I didn't give out any further details to him.

I think I'll be making some calls to the people who knew that information...
  • patchwork_cat
    Options
    Thanks to sarah I have been directed to this thread -Philbert me too. They quoted the other parties name and also rang us on a TPS ex directory number. (Mind in my experience TPS doesn't work I still get plenty of cold calls)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure