Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Special Occasions & Other Celebrations
10.1K replies 334.3K views

Replies

• MargMarg Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flourgirl - I can imagine the pilots trying to get level - it's what DH & I call the 'waggle waggle' moment after my goddaughter went in the Junghman where the passenger is in the front and they can see the pilots feet either side of them & she said "we were coming into land then Uncle Ian's feet went 'waggle waggle waggle' & we were soon down after that"
    I also need new mirrors:rotfl:

Npsmama - have a good holiday - if I lived a bit nearer I could come & water your plants for you.

Rainmac - I wouldn't worry too much about little ones teeth I'm sure he'll grow out of it when he's good & ready - I did, but I'm not telling how old I was!!

Mumhug - Congratulations on your new niece a very pretty name too.

Bunbun - Ooh! Cub camp!! I hope they have good weather & lots of fun.
    Hope you are feeling better now.

Now I'm sure someone said earlier this week that it was their birthday today but I can't remember who or find it so come on put me out of my misery 'fess up WHO IS IT? Or have I lost the plot?
  • paddingtondoopaddingtondoo Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    furrypig wrote: »
    Ok so how easy are nesties to use in a cuttlebug can anyone tell me??

I only got mine yesterday so have only used them twice but they are so easy it's unbelievable and there are instructions for stacking your plates in the packet :D
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • MargMarg Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Furry - Easy! You just need to get the order of the stack right & it's not much different to using cuttlebug ones. If you want to emboss with them you need a tan mat to absorb the cutting bit. When I got mine the lady in the shop gave me an instruction leaflet but I can't find it!! so Lei reminded me how the other day. The tan mat makes everything very slippy though if you need to emboss very precisely.
  • melissa75_2melissa75_2 Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    Gemm - happy birthday for yesterday!!!

Rainmac - I was going to order one of the martha stewart unches form Sarah's cards but I've resisted so far. The dots looked fab, but I wasn't sure how I would stick them on. I also saw the butterflies, but I wasn't sure whether I'd use them. I've looked at diestodiefor before - the have loads of fab alota stamps, I really like the donkey ones that they have on their home page! Your stitched card is gorgeous - no wonder they published it!!!

The_Wife - was it a particular make of chipboard flourishes you were after or just any???

Npsmama - hope you have a fab time camping.

Mumhug - congrats to you and your sister - Jasmine is a gorgeous name!!!

Bunbun2 - hope you fully recover soon. I have been havin horrible twinges for over a week now - but so far nothing!!!! OH is meant to be taking the kids to their great nans in a bit - so I'm hoping to have a relaxing afternoon spent lying on the couch and watching a film.
  • flourgirlflourgirl Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kim check your emails ;)
  • ZLS1984ZLS1984 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Hey Guys,

I have not had chance to catch up here yet sorry. I have made another Card recently for my dads birthday I will post a pic when I can. My 5 year old daughter made one too so will post a pic of that too.

Will have to give me a couple of days though it has been a poorly house here and things are just getting back to normal.
    :wave: Wins in 09 = A vodka cocktail kit thing lol, £150 Amazon voucher.
  • flourgirlflourgirl Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mumhug Congratulations to you all on the safe arrival of baby Jasmine x Gorgeous name :)

Melissa I hope Elliot will be here before Thursday so I can say "Hello" before I go on holiday

Bunbun I had noticed you hadn't posted for a while, thought you must be busy with your new kitchen or on holiday. Sorry to hear youre still not feeling 100%.

Furry the nesties ae extremely easy to use. I have avoided ordering more today cos if they are late delivering I will be on holiday and the postie just sticks everything behind the bin. My grand-daughter (6 on tues) has been using thr embossing folders this morning
    1.2K Posts
    Quick question about Brads, can you get them with bigger posts or are they all small ish.
  • paddingtondoopaddingtondoo Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZLS1984 wrote: »
    Quick question about Brads, can you get them with bigger posts or are they all small ish.
    These large papermania brads have bigger posts and heads but the large hearts and flowers have small posts - HTH
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
    1.2K Posts
    These large papermania brads have bigger posts and heads but the large hearts and flowers have small posts - HTH

Thank you :-)
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides