Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• dawnteabag
    dawnteabag Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    edited 26 July 2009 at 11:12AM
    Options
    saveapenny wrote: »
    Thanks everyone

Dawn...I think a kids challenge is a great idea..do you want to organise it?

Saveapenny you have PM
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Mel, I've been sat here for ages looking at the beautiful cards on your blog, they are all gorgeous and your attention to detail is, as ever impeccable x

I also placed an order at Capture the Magic - fab sale bits - some papers for 5p!!!

Also downloaded the fab freebie, thank you flourgirl. Have you seen the freebies on this site, also released on fridays... http://pollycraftdesigns.blogspot.com/
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • mary-op
    mary-op Posts: 3,605 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all !
    Only just got round to looking at your fab cards.........(too preoccupied yesterday with comp and printer not working as they should:mad: but at least comp. is ok now -not touching printer -can't stand the stress :rotfl:

Super cards:T
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
  • rainmac
    Options
    mary-op wrote: »
    Hello all !
    Only just got round to looking at your fab cards.........(too preoccupied yesterday with comp and printer not working as they should:mad: but at least comp. is ok now -not touching printer -can't stand the stress :rotfl:

Super cards:T

I too get stressed when I can't get technical things to work ;) Glad to hear your computer is behaving :T
  • rainmac
    Options
    Forgot to say earlier that I was a very proud mummy yesterday. We went to see Ice Age 3 and it was the first time DS2 had been to the cinema. Both boys were brilliantly behaved and we all had a thoroughly great time. We saw it in 3D so had funky glasses to wear. I so wish I had taken a photo of the two of them sitting, eating their popcorn in Roy Orbison-esque glasses :D
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    Thank-you for the link Rainmac. I have downloaded the images and have made a note to check for new freebies on a friday, the trouble is these weeks fly past and I tend to forget to look and miss them :) Sounds like your boys did you proud at the cinema, and they had fun with the 3D glasses. Its a long time for little ones to sit still, I think they deserve a Gold Star.

Melissa Ilove all your new cards they are absoloutely perfect :) Your colour combinations really are spot on!!
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Melissa - your cards are fantastic - just show what a long way I have to go!

Rainmac & flourgirl - thanks for the freebie links.

Well done to your sons at the cinema rainmac - it's a tribute to you that they know how to behave properly.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or offer advice? - I've got some images in JPEG format and I'm trying to colour them with 'paint' on the pc but they aren't working properly - not completely filling in between the lines IYSWIM? Think I may have to get some pens & learn to colour in by hand. Oh Dear......

Here's my entry for the embossed thank you challenge..... The embossing is the flowers on the rt hand side - I embossed the wrong way up so then decided to colour it in as I had the lines to follow.....
    th_JulycardsATCs006.jpg

Here's another of my wonky cards - the wordle bit fell off the first time I put it on so I rushed to stick it on with better tape and in true Marg style it slipped as I pressed it firmly on! It was too late to do another so I sent it anyway.

th_JulycardsATCs002.jpg

Have I shown you this one before? It was for my great nephew. I did it all on the PC apart from the gold stars & line. I've got a pictures of most of the 'Thomas' vehicles if anyone ever needs images let me know.
    th_Euanis3003.jpg
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    saveapenny wrote: »
    Thought I would just pop on and say I will catch up later tonight and tell you all I got the all clear with the lump ...phewww
    2 down 1 to go :)
    I had some realy lovely cards today an I will post them all on my blog later
    Sorry for the rush post but its been a mad couple of day and Im off out again now but thought I woul d come on and do a quicky to let you all know

Fantastic news!!

xxx
  • furrypig
    Options
    melissa75 wrote: »
    Skiergirl - hope you feel better soon.

OOpps - I've just spent 23 quid here:
    http://www.capturethemagic.biz/acatalog/July_Sale.html
    they have a really good sale on, and 2nd class delivery is only 1.65!!! They have bazzill 12x12 cardstock for 20p each, some great imaginisce bargains - stamps and embellishments, I've just spent about an hour on there looking at everything.
    they have some beautiful things on that site!
    what a temptation!
    Did you buy anything after your hour looking???
  • furrypig
    Options
    whoopidoo wrote: »
    Their stall is my favourite at the Alexandra Palace show. They have bargain sale buckets dotted all around and there stash is just gorgeous and they are so friendly too.

Saveapenny - I'm so pleased to hear your good news :T

When is the Ally Pally show whoopdidoo?? Sounds fab!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure