Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• dragonllew
    dragonllew Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    Options
    rainmac wrote: »
    This isn't a card but I've just fiinished a cross stitch picture for my mum's birthday....

IMGP3516.JPG

I did a DIY framing job with an Ikea frame/mount and some fabric wadding behind the stitching so it sticks out ever so slightly. The colours are slightly deeper in the flesh than the pic shows. I wanted to make something special as she's had one hell of a year but didn't want to go over the top. Hope she likes it. Only 3 more days of radiotherapy to go and then she's finished the course.
    That's really lovely rainmac your Mum will love it.
  • Eskimette
    Eskimette Posts: 34 Forumite
    edited 3 May 2009 at 8:17PM
    Options
    The Rosemary Merry £29.74 scrapbooking kit on QVC at the moment is great value for money, especially great for a beginner. It was the first craft item I ever had and was bought for me by my mum. Thanks to her I am hundreds of pounds poorer as she started my obsession with card-making and scrapbooking!
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    rainmac wrote: »
    This isn't a card but I've just fiinished a cross stitch picture for my mum's birthday....

IMGP3516.JPG

I did a DIY framing job with an Ikea frame/mount and some fabric wadding behind the stitching so it sticks out ever so slightly. The colours are slightly deeper in the flesh than the pic shows. I wanted to make something special as she's had one hell of a year but didn't want to go over the top. Hope she likes it. Only 3 more days of radiotherapy to go and then she's finished the course.

Just Perfect. You make some really beautiful things.:A
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Rainmac - such a beautiful picture - you are such a thoughtful daughter! "Green" sounds like a fab idea for a challenge. I don't know if the card that I am working on will be green enough to enter the challenge!
  • saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    edited 3 May 2009 at 8:44PM
    Options
    Welcome Eskimette ...lovley cards on your blog
    The Wife...Thats realy clever
    Rusty...thank you I got your email and will lookforward to having a play with that image its so lovely.

Thank you everyone whos asked about Harry...hes doing great hes so cute
    We all went out for sunday lunch today but he wasnt too impressed with the chinesse I think he still prefers milk.. we had just got back http://s333.photobucket.com/albums/m373/SaveaPenny/Misc/?action=view&current=DSCF0043-1.jpg can just how impressed he was with the meal

Im almost right now I have even managed to spend some crafty time

I will do the draw Tuesday afternoon for the challenege if thats ok with everyone.

Rusty Im not sure about professional just have to look at the things you make to know that

Heres a set I made today for my Son and his G/F whos friends have just had a baby girl. The booties are the other set I had when we didnt know what Harry was going to be...I knew it wouldnt take long for them to go
    The card is the free Funky Fairies baby kit which I also used to make the tag for the stork bundle..Please excuse one nosey cat
    DSCF0044-2.jpg

I promise Tuesday I will also catch up on the blogs I have been looking but not posting comments

Oh Rainmac that is beautiful
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    edited 3 May 2009 at 8:25PM
    Options
    Welcome to the thread Eski - you have some fab cards on your blog, which I am now a follower of.

We are all really friendly here, so well done for 'coming out' and I look forward to seeing more of your designs.

Fab card The Wife - it is very cleverly done.

Rainmac, your cross stitch for your mum is wonderful, and I am sure she will love it. As always all your crafty bits are beautifully done. Happy to go with a 'green colour challenge'

Hope everyone is having a good bank holiday weekend.

Off to catch up all the blogs I'm now following.
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • Eskimette
    Options
    saveapenny wrote: »
    Welcome Eskimette ...lovley cards on your blog

Thanks, I love the stuff you do also, you are soo clever
    Eski
  • saveapenny
    Options
    Green sounds good I have some nice green papers and bits
    Kim the cat is a buy one ..can you PM me your email please
  • Eskimette
    Options
    CT19720 wrote: »
    Welcome to the thread Eski - you have some fab cards on your blog, which I am now a follower of.

We are all really friendly here, so well done for 'coming out' and I look forward to seeing more of your designs.

Thank you, you guys really are soo nice. Everyone has made me feel so welcome.

Eski
  • saveapenny
    edited 3 May 2009 at 8:39PM
    Options
    Eski..dont forgot to join http://craftyplace.yuku.com/directory its a bit neater than here everything as its own section so its easier to find and monthly challenges and swaps...Its all the same people so your just as welcome there
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport