Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    CT19720 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Great cards, and blogs - it never ceases to amaze me how much talent you all have with your cards/scrapping.

Sorry haven't been around much to post - I do read every day to see what is going on but work and home life have been really busy - so will try harder. Finally managed to set up an account over at the Crafty Place :T. Having had a quick look it looks great and I am looking forward to watching the site develop.

Welcome to all the newbies.

Saveapenny - hope all is well with your new bundle of joy, let us know and I am sure we will all have a virtual drink with you to celebrate.

Quick question - a while ago, someone posted a link to an ebay seller who was selling part packs of papers for a reasonable price - I thought it was flourgirl, but can't find it now - but whoever it was the link was to papers suitable for male cards - does anyone know what the link was - tried search ebay and can't find the company again. Thanks.

Hope you are all out enjoying the sunshine.

Is this what you wanted?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dovecraft---Masculine-Paper-Pack-6x6-(24-sheets)_W0QQitemZ270338843627QQcmdZViewItem
  • mumhug
    mumhug Posts: 664 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    saveapenny wrote: »
    Just popped on to say still no baby
    Took her in last night at 1am and stayed till 4am she was only 1cm so came home for a bit of a rest. Now shes still only 2cm
    Thank you all for your good wishes
    This is harder than giving birth myself
    Going back up the hospital soon

I just thougth I would update you all

Aww poor love she must be exhausted (and u too no doubt) we are all thinking of you ,thanks for the update. xxxxx
    In Perfect love and Perfect Trust.
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Options
    flourgirl wrote: »

Thank you so much Flourgirl - that is just what I was after - off to spend some pennies.

Fingers crossed saveapenny, that you don't have much longer to wait until becoming a Nanny.
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Saveapenny - hope you hear some news soon - I hope you're not too tired!!
    Rainmac - I seem big for 6 months, I can't imagine what it's like having twins though, thankfully I haven't started the puffiness stage yet!
    Paddingtondoo/CT19720 - glad you've both managed to get on now.
    SallyUk - beautiful, original cards - they look fantastic. The papers and embellishments that you've used are gorgeous!!
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    6 months already Melissa? :eek: It seems to have gone so fast ... at least for us, you probably think it is taking forever!

Saveapenny hope mum is ok and coping ok, I can't believe it is taking so long ... poor mum :( Mind you I remember I was similar with my son ... 72 hour labour with him :( My daughter just shot out though! :eek: just over 3 hours with her! (after 2 attampts at being induced, then she decided she was coming on her own!
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Skiergirl
    Skiergirl Posts: 995 Forumite
    Options
    Sally - lovely cards, my favourite is the second one :T

saveapenny - hope mum to be is coping ok with the labour, you must all be shattered. Hope you haven't got too long to wait !
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    Sally what fantastic cards. Well done, the black and white one is my favourite, those dogs are so cute. Did you use a template, I fancy having a go at some different shaped cards
  • SallyUK
    SallyUK Posts: 2,344 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your comments everyone, much appreciated. I'm always very self critical after I've finished a card, is anyone else like that?

The dog is a template, and I think the papers came from Artymiss(?) - my memory is terrible, I'm sorry - (thanks to being menopausal - lol)

Saveapenny I hope you don't have much longer to wait - I would love to have another baby - siggghhhhhhh

Sal
    xx
  • princesspoppypop
    Options
    rusty - 72 hour labour... are you trying to put me off lol!

Poppy x
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    evening all - glad to hear that some of you that were having problems with Yuku have managed to get on now, won't be long before we're all ok hopefully!

sally - those cards are fabulous, it's great how you've been experimenting with non standard card shapes, the most adventurous i've been is a handbag one!

saveapenny -hope everything is going ok! xx

poppy - I agree, labour definitely doesn't sound like something I fancy either!!! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure