Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• paddingtondoo
    paddingtondoo Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,
    I've been a lurker on this thread for ages :o.
    But have clicked on all mellissa75's links for scrummy stuff :D.

I made my green card for the creative card crew blog and also my odd shaped card over the weekend although the idea was shamelessly nicked from rainmac :p.

Photobucket hates me so pics are on my blog along with other random stuff.

Not sure how I'll get on with a tearing challenge as it won't be tidy and organised like my usual stuff and might annoy me but will have a go..............:D
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Choccy - each challenge runs for two weeks, so this one ends in a fortnight!!! Hope you enter!!!
    A little tip for tearing, and this might not make any sense at all, if you tear your paper towards you some of the white on the paper shows through on the torn edges, if you tear away from you it doesn't - have a play on some scraps and you'll see what I am trying (very badly) to explain.
  • fluffyb
    fluffyb Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    Options
    That's a great challenge :j I love the torn effect on cards and use it a lot myself. If I get a chance I might join in this one :D
  • chocolate.orange_2
    Options
    melissa75 wrote: »
    Choccy - each challenge runs for two weeks, so this one ends in a fortnight!!! Hope you enter!!!
    A little tip for tearing, and this might not make any sense at all, if you tear your paper towards you some of the white on the paper shows through on the torn edges, if you tear away from you it doesn't - have a play on some scraps and you'll see what I am trying (very badly) to explain.

Thanks for the tip Melissa... I will have a practise :D

Very well explained ;)

Hmmm i knew i should of bought one of the tearing rulers from the £1 stall lol
    furrypig says:my name is Choccy and I am addicted to nose free stamps as I want to save them all and give them noses!!!:rotfl:
    About me. Im Choccy or Chocolate orange depending on where i am.Yes occasionally i am a total looon who spends too long online,but no where near as much £ as her spendy elves do ..:D
  • sunrise27_2
    sunrise27_2 Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    Options
    just finished off a big easter order
    I really like these ones
    easterbunnies.jpg
  • sunrise27_2
    sunrise27_2 Posts: 1,349 Forumite
    Options
    and these are part of our credit crunch range
    we sell these for 75p each or 5 for £3
    they are selling well
    cceasterall1.jpg
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Sunrise - great cards in your credit crunch range - no wonder they are selling well!! I love your easter cards too, especially the egg paper that you've used, and I love the ears on the bunnies!!
    Chocky - I've never used a ruler to tear - you can sort of guide the paper yourself!!
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Fantastic card Melissa (green one) I love it! Well done :)

Paddingtondoo - Love all your cards on your blog! Wish mine looked half as good!

Thankyou for the challenge! Sounds like a good one, will be fun trying to make it look neat but messy if that makes sense. Oh will think I have lost the plot when he sees me trying to tear up paper and getting my hair off when it doesn't tear properly ;)
    Hopefully I will be able to join in with this one!
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    polly1976 wrote: »
    Hiya Ladies just to let you know that i have blog candy on offer on my blog at the moment and you dont have to have a blog to enter but you do need a blogger account to leave a comment which is free and easy to open. The rules of my candy are on my blog here. http://paula-pollys.blogspot.com/

Polly I am really sorry!!

I really wanted to join in your first challenge as it was an excellent idea but I forgot to check when it needed to be completed by and I have missed it!!

Looking forward to checking out the next one. xxx
  • Gemm85
    Gemm85 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Options
    lovely card skiergirl - I think its great as it is and your mum will love it :T

debsy - the daisy and dandelion stuff is soo cute and you've put it to fabulous use. I saw that goody bag a few weeks ago and didn't buy it, I am wishing I had now!! :rolleyes:

crazychatter - hope the new job goes well for you :)

melissa - your tilda card is lovley, the flowers give it a really nice touch :) great idea for the next challenge, I'll give it some thought!

sunrise, those easter cards are really sweet, I'm sure your customer will be very pleased :T

I have finally decided that I'm missing out on something by not having a blog, so I have finally joined blogland ;)

Of course I just had to take a pic of all the stash I bought on sunday, so I thought that would make a good post to fill up my blog and stop it looking so bare :rotfl:

here's a link to my blog if anyone want's to see my lurvely goodies before I de-packaged it and messed it all up :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure