We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• crazychatter
    Options
    Flourgirl, those are so gorgeous!! I want one! I adore these pink petticoat papers but am not lettign myself buy any until I use what I already have!

The box card is a great idea melissa, I'm certainly going to have a go. Oh dear I have too many ideas I want to try but and not nearly enough time!!

The nappy cake is wonderful Saveapenny, Good luck with the orders!
    x
  • flourgirl
    flourgirl Posts: 3,415 Forumite
    Options
    She grinch what a lovely and different card, :T :T :T it looks like a lot of work went into making it, I would like an apron like that for myself. I love anything gingham it reminds me of the little smocked dresses my mum used to make for me and my sister when we were children (many moons ago:eek: ).

Melissa fab card/box decorated and embellished beautifully even down to the matching choccies.:T :T :T I love the secret drawer idea. Your talents are endless.

My packs of BG papers came today including two scoops, so I may be pinching some of your ideas, hope you don't mind;)
  • fluffyb
    fluffyb Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    Options
    Gorgeous cards Flourgirl - I really love that backing paper too :T
  • flourgirl
    Options
    rainmac wrote: »

You're mum is going to be bowled over by it. I immediately thought I could try one for my dad's 65th birthday later in the year and add some marbles to the drawer in case he starts to lose his own ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Flourgirl - gorgeous cards, such pretty images and I love the backing papers. Can't wait to see what you create with your basic grey stash.
  • flourgirl
    Options
    Flourgirl, those are so gorgeous!! I want one! I adore these pink petticoat papers but am not lettign myself buy any until I use what I already have!
    x

Is that a card or an Ice cream Sundae:D

I know what you mean about not buying stuff. I daren't buy anymore this month I've had 2 orders to glitter pot a visit to hobbycraft and the pink petticoat download :eek: . All necessary of course:D .

The cake shop where I worked rang this morning and asked me if I could cover for a few days, when I thought of how much I had just spent I said yes. Hopefully there will be a few pennies left over for a trip to the range:rotfl:
  • flourgirl
    Options
    melissa75 wrote: »
    Flourgirl - gorgeous cards, such pretty images and I love the backing papers. Can't wait to see what you create with your basic grey stash.

Think it might be a scrapbook page, if I can bring myself to use them:rotfl:
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done crafty card creators!!

sorry I couldn't get to see your gingerbread Shegrinch, as my pc wouldn't show the image for some reason and now I'm missing out!!

Melissa your box card is stunning!! wow!!

Flourgirl I really like your icecreama and want to eat it! Pink petticoat do some lovely designs!

I am not a Dawn Bibby fanbu I have nothing against the woman personally as I don't know anything about her!! I just find her a wee bit annoying and dislike her card making style! Buit we all like different things and she seems v pleasnat and has a huge fan base. My fav qvc presenter is Leonie and the way she says 'lickle' makes me and Molly crack up laughing!!
  • saveapenny
    saveapenny Posts: 6,773 Forumite
    Options
    Flourgirl they are lovely...Too much pink petticoat stuff and not enough money :D
    I did one of the Sundae ones and then used another play on words
    " Have a Great Mothering Sundae" again I just thought it was something different
    Im waiting now to get the Lola Rose occasions
    If you look anything like your passport photo....Your too ill to travel
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    saveapenny wrote: »
    Flourgirl they are lovely...Too much pink petticoat stuff and not enough money :D
    I did one of the Sundae ones and then used another play on words
    " Have a Great Mothering Sundae" again I just thought it was something different
    Im waiting now to get the Lola Rose occasions

Mothering Sundae, very clever!

Looking forward to finding out how your nappy cake empire develops. Your cake in the photo is stunning so you should do brilliantly ;)

Flourgirl - love your ice cream cards :T
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills