We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Making cards - Ideas for a card craft beginner (part 2)

Options

Comments

• she_grinch
    she_grinch Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    melissa75 wrote: »
    She grinch - that's so cute!! I love the little apron, I hope you're going to show us more of your cards!!
    I am not very good with the camera so often the resulting pic bears little resemblance to the card but I am practising and will keep posting:o
    Pucker up and kiss it Whoville! - The Grinch:kiss:
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Here's my entry for the challenge. Here's the front:
    fbgjf6jgethguirmferio45t043.jpg
    here's the inside:
    fbgjf6jgethguirmferio45t044.jpg
    the letters are my Mum's initials. Now I know you're thinking that I am cheating and that this isn't a good entry for the challenge, but look:
    fbgjf6jgethguirmferio45t045.jpg
    the bottom contains a hidden drawer. The box was really easy to construct - I used a piece of basic grey two scoops paper. Originally I tried using thick card and then covering it with patterned paper but it was too thick and didn't work. I thought they would be great for a baby card - you could put little socks inside, or use it for a little xmas pressie.
    Here's the instructions:
    http://angelstamper2.blogspot.com/search/label/Tutorial%20-%20Hidden%20Drawer%20Card
    if you scroll down there's some more great tutorials.
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    melissa that is gorgeous:T :T :T I absolutely love the paper and the little drawer:T
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • dragonllew
    dragonllew Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    Options
    wow melissa that is great what a clever idea
  • rainmac
    rainmac Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    flourgirl wrote: »
    Just back from my cardmaking session think I need an extra strong black coffee and 2 valium.:eek: Only 10 wanted to do it they all wanted to do different and do there own thing, still they enjoyed themselves and we all had a laugh. Glad I took double sided tape and not glue or pritt stick:rotfl: OMG. They have asked me to do it again later in the year. :eek: Sold 7 of my cards too.:D

So glad it went well, bet more people will want to take part after hearing about the fun everyone had last night. Well done on the card orders too!!!
    :wave: If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain :wave:
  • rainmac
    Options
    she_grinch wrote: »
    My sister loves gingerbreadmen and cooking so I made this cardhttp://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z134/colourcue/my%20creations/P1010042.jpg
    I recycled the brown paper and check ribbon she tied my Christmas present in! I think it turned out ok I hope you all do too..........

Love your card she grinch, it is adorable :D
  • rainmac
    Options
    Here's my entry for the challenge. Here's the front:
    fbgjf6jgethguirmferio45t043.jpg
    here's the inside:
    fbgjf6jgethguirmferio45t044.jpg
    the letters are my Mum's initials. Now I know you're thinking that I am cheating and that this isn't a good entry for the challenge, but look:
    fbgjf6jgethguirmferio45t045.jpg
    the bottom contains a hidden drawer. The box was really easy to construct - I used a piece of basic grey two scoops paper. Originally I tried using thick card and then covering it with patterned paper but it was too thick and didn't work. I thought they would be great for a baby card - you could put little socks inside, or use it for a little xmas pressie.
    Here's the instructions:
    http://angelstamper2.blogspot.com/search/label/Tutorial%20-%20Hidden%20Drawer%20Card
    if you scroll down there's some more great tutorials.

Wow wow wow, that is fantastic, you're sooooooooooo clever :T :T :T :T :T :T

You're mum is going to be bowled over by it. I immediately thought I could try one for my dad's 65th birthday later in the year and add some marbles to the drawer in case he starts to lose his own ;)

Are you sure it's easy, doesn't look at all easy :confused:
  • melissa75_2
    melissa75_2 Posts: 2,801 Forumite
    Options
    Rainmac - I really struggle when it comes to measuring and scoring stuff, but this was so simple. The box is easy enough to make, and the outside covering is a long piece of card that is just scored loads of times, then folded and glued together by a flap. Did you notice how I tried to co-ordinate the sweets????
  • hels102
    hels102 Posts: 737 Forumite
    Options
    Oh Melissa what a stunning card!
    :xmassmile Looking forward to December:xmassmile
  • rainmac
    Options
    Rainmac - I really struggle when it comes to measuring and scoring stuff, but this was so simple. The box is easy enough to make, and the outside covering is a long piece of card that is just scored loads of times, then folded and glued together by a flap. Did you notice how I tried to co-ordinate the sweets????

Of course I noticed the co-ordinating sweets ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family