PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

leftover turkey

Comments

• studentphil
    studentphil Posts: 37,640 Forumite
    We need a thread, what to do with all the left over turkey?
    :beer:
  • I hope this older thread gives you some ideas, Phil. Merry Christmas.
    May all your dots fall silently to the ground.
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    hi i normally make a curry,or a stirfry but i quite fancy it with plain old egg and chips tomorrow :)
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • I like turkey in a white sauce to make Turkey á le King. You can add mushrooms, too.
    TL
  • Inherited 2 turkey legs (cooked) yesterday from DD's boyfriends' parents as they only eat breastmeat. My lot had steak, so wasn't expecting to have any leftovers this year! Nice wee treat for DH as he has been moaning about missing out on his turkey, totally tongue-in-cheek, but his wishes have been granted. :D

Not sure what I will do with it yet, but think Toxic Lemon's suggestion of a white sauce will be used and possibly make a small pie, and curry the other leg. DH brought back some different curry spices back from Far East a few weeks ago, which I haven't used yet, so time to give that a bash.
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    there is a nice turkey soup recipe on https://www.bbcgoodfood.com
  • alrewas
    alrewas Posts: 72 Forumite
    hi
    if you freeze turkry is it ok for sarnies at a later date?
  • Don'tskipit
    Don'tskipit Posts: 1,652 Forumite
    alrewas wrote:
    hi
    if you freeze turkry is it ok for sarnies at a later date?

I'm pretty sure that if you freeze cooked poultry, it has to be thoroughly defrosted and then completely reheated before eating.

If I'm wrong someone will correct me.
    :grouphug: A smile, a 'please' and a 'thank you' cost nothing

• Ebany
    Ebany Posts: 254 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    My mum makes wonderful turkey and leek pies, very simple, just chop some leeks and soften in butter, then take out the leeks and put to one side, make a basic white sauce using the same butter, dump in the turkey and leeks and theres the filling! Make into a pie whicherver way you prefer, my mum makes a full shortcrust pastry pie, I prefer to just stick some puff on top. These were always my favourite part of the christmas turkey!

This also goes well with jacket potatos (and also works just fine with chicken)

(Copied over from my post on the Christmas forum)
  • I've got about two inches of red wine left in a bottle (don't know how that got past me yesterday!) so as an experiment I'm going to put that in some leftover gravy, with the turkey, some garlic, mushrooms and onions. We'll probably have it with rice. I'll let you know what it turns out like!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure