nilrems camp for the disappointed to seek solace!

Options

Comments

• oql61
    oql61 Posts: 613 Forumite
    Options
    Veryunique wrote: »
    Did anyone see the letter to Telegraph's Editor this morning suggesting FSCS should be put in charge of country's finances ? God forbid. The writer said that it had kept him informed all the time and acted exactly as it advised. I am waiting to see whether there is a riposte to this. Cannot let him get away with that.

Bjorn_Again strikes again! Or was it MuddyFox?
  • suesie999
    suesie999 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    Options
    DocMartin wrote: »
    Firstly, I haven't insulted anybody.
    Secondly, just because somebody has thousands of "followers" it doesn't mean they are a "nice guy" - read your history books if you need proof of that.
    Thirdly, I'm not concerned whether you think I'm welcome here or not. I'm merely highlighting an example of hypocrisy.

You were not on this forum when all the real insults were flying around, aimed at those expressing concern over Icesave just before it collapsed. People were called lemmings, headless chickens & ignorant by - as it later transpired - people who stood to lose a lot of money if Icesave did collapse. Presumably they acted out of self-interest in order to try to stem a run on Icesave - why else would they attempt to deny that there was any problem? If that was the case back then, then why would you expect them to behave any differently in the future? Therefore, isn't it sheer hypocrisy to now be talking about sharing warnings about potential future collapses? I don'tknow what else you'd call it?

I've made my point, you carry on following if you want to.

As already posted above (in case you can't read!):

Completely unnecessary. This thread is for those seeking solace from the Icesave melt down. Opinion as to it's strength or weaknesss prior to it's demise are irrelevant.

:hello:
    "Serious money saving Diva"........................................:p

Whatever the mind can conceive, it can achieve.............:happylove
  • amistupid
    amistupid Posts: 55,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Look folks please please join us at the Icesave Veterans Association. IVA how appropriate is that.
    Sloughflint has done the honours and this should take you there
    It should pick up the hyperlink:
    Icesave Veterans Association
    In memory of Chris Hyde #867
  • oql61
    oql61 Posts: 613 Forumite
    Options
    favemuppet wrote: »
    oql61 wrote: »
    NATWest have 6% (including bonus)).
    quote]

This is dropping to about 4.3% AER from Monday 1st December - saw it in The Times this morning.

Oh great! Just at the same time the bonus kicks in! I shan't bother to put my money in there then.
  • amistupid
    amistupid Posts: 55,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Firstly, I haven't insulted anybody.
    Secondly, just because somebody has thousands of "followers" it doesn't mean they are a "nice guy" -

Jesus! :D
    In memory of Chris Hyde #867
  • nilrem_2
    nilrem_2 Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Secondly, just because somebody has thousands of "followers" it doesn't mean they are a "nice guy" - read your history books if you need proof of that.
    Thirdly, I'm not concerned whether you think I'm welcome here or not. I'm merely highlighting an example of hypocrisy.

You were not on this forum when all the real insults were flying around, aimed at those expressing concern over Icesave just before it collapsed. People were called lemmings, headless chickens & ignorant

I have never claimed any followers, all I did was contribute to a thread where people discussed their problems re Icesave compensation, I have never insulted anyone on this forum and I have never referred to anyone as a lemming, Headless Chicken or ignorant.

When the Icesave fiasco started I did not think they would fail, I was deceived by Icesave propaganda as were many others, I was wrong and admitted so later.

I have no idea what has prompted you to suddenly attack me personally now, if you felt the way you do why did you not speak up and warn people about my 'deceit' 3 weeks ago when this thread started?:confused:
  • suesie999
    suesie999 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    Options
    nilrem wrote: »
    I have never claimed any followers, all I did was contribute to a thread where people discussed their problems re Icesave compensation, I have never insulted anyone on this forum and I have never referred to anyone as a lemming, Headless Chicken or ignorant.

When the Icesave fiasco started I did not think they would fail, I was deceived by Icesave propaganda as were many others, I was wrong and admitted so later.

I have no idea what has prompted you to suddenly attack me personally now, if you felt the way you do why did you not speak up and warn people about my 'deceit' 3 weeks ago when this thread started?:confused:

Hear hear!!:T:T
    "Serious money saving Diva"........................................:p

Whatever the mind can conceive, it can achieve.............:happylove
  • casabiosca
    Options
    Why? For pointing out blatent hypocrisy?
    If I were in your shoes:lipsrseal
  • casabiosca
    Options
    SIR! Enemy infiltrator demoralising troops. What shall we do with him?
  • Tibbledom
    Options
    Why? For pointing out blatent hypocrisy?

To post these opinions here (and that is all they are, your opinions), is about as appropriate as gatecrashing a children's party and telling them Santa Claus does not exist.

It is sad that you lack the most basic of social skills to understand that. Very sad.
    MSE. Abandon hope all ye who enter here :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport