Pots of gold help!

Options

Comments

• Silly_Spender
    Options
    Hiya just letting people know I was in asda earlier and they now have bottles of Cinnamon flavoured vodka which is clear and have lots of flakes of real gold leaf floating within. It looks really great and I'm going to be using a bottle in my gold pot gift :)

It costs £18!
    Lloyds TSB Overdraft - £220.73 / £2000 - 11%
    Argos Card - £282.83 / £340 - 83.2%
    Student Grant Overpayment - £60 / £1590 - 3.8%

Sealed Pot Savings: £80.60
    NSD Challenge Oct: 0/15
  • cherydee
    Options
    Have just decided that 'pots of gold' will make perfect place settings for Christmas day at my parents! So I will be making 5 for that - I saw these cute little reindeer sleighs http://www.bakerross.co.uk/3d-reindeer-sleigh-foam-kits but wondering if they are a bit 'young' for adults?
    Might make a few for colleagues too (chief exec, direct line manager and 2/3 others).

Opinions?

I think the sleighs are great, as each year I like to make the pots of gold slightly different. Just counting and there will be 20 for Xmas lunch this year, as space is tight around the table just wondering if these might be too big for the table. Tempted to risk it and order them.
  • nic_nac_
    nic_nac_ Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    Just thought I would let everyone know that I got a pack of 4 mini Baileys from B and M for £2.99, they're gold coloured and thought they would be fab for my pots of gold :)
  • Cherry24
    Cherry24 Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    I did something similar last Christmas. I gave the men small bottles of the Paco Rabanne 1 Million after shave (because it is gold in colour and shaped like a gold bar) and I gave the ladies a gold coloured Dove gift set, gold nail polish, gold eye shadow and gold lipstick. I wrapped each gift in gold wrapping paper, and stuck on some gold chocolate coins with double sided tape.

I bought the little boys gold coloured hot wheels cars and got the girls gold coloured bubble bath.

Avon have a number of products for both men and women with the word "gold".

And there is this one: http://www.krystaldirect.co.uk/Gold-Pre-Electric-50ml-p/golp03.htm

Yardley also do an after shave called Gold After Shave.

What about gold coloured candles.

Bells whiskey is gold coloured.

Then there is gold vodka: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eristoff-Gold-Golden-Caramel-Flavoured/dp/B009H2UEVM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380233571&sr=8-2&keywords=eristoff+gold

Hi,

Thanks for that. Some great ideas - much appreciated.
  • DebtBuster2013
    Options
    Long-time forum member back with a new username! I stumbled across this thread today, normally up around the dfw boards, but I'm so glad I did! Pots of Gold are what everyone is getting from me this Christmas :T
  • mkgirl1981
    Options
    hi guys just posted this in the holly & ivy thread but thought it would be useful for people doing pots of gold - Ferraro Roche box of 16 were £2.99 in lidl when I went I today

sorry if this has been posted before :)
  • geordielass
    Options
    Aldi have the Haribo dinky boxes of gold bears in from Thursday. Four boxes for 99p.
    He who smiles rather than rages is always
    the stronger
  • freyasmum
    freyasmum Posts: 20,597 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't believe it's been over 4 years since I last made these :eek:

9r15wm.jpg

27yrcj6.jpg

They're back on the list this year for my little nephews and my uncle will either be getting a bigger version or a little hamper of home made ready meals - cos I hate to think that he's not eating right :o
  • Maysie
    Maysie Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    Options
    I am new to pots of gold but i saw this yesterday for my christmas mad sister http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EY73FFW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 £1.59 delivered a reindeer ring . I usually spend about £12 on her so will read though and see what else i can get. I did pick up gold decorating cake spray in 99p store maybe some home made truffles.... or cheap 99p ones sprayed?
  • geordielass
    Options
    Hehe Maysie, that's the ring I put the link to on that bling ring thread yesterday, it's a corker isn't it, bit naff but very apt for the occasion.

Freya, your pots of gold look really lovely, have you found your pots for this year yet? I'm sure your uncle will really appreciate his gold hamper, that's very thoughtful of you. I didn't end up doing them last year but am going to this year. They make lovely table gifts and if someone wins on the scratchcard it's great.
    He who smiles rather than rages is always
    the stronger
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family