We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Really cheap food...however

Options

Comments

• helenhugs
    helenhugs Posts: 1,149 Forumite
    Options
    Skint_Catt wrote: »
    helen - nothing in my order was OOD - some of it was getting close though (Jan 09) but it'll all be gone well before then! :confused:
    lol yep thats what I was thinking when I added myself to the mailing list. I looked through & added a fair few items to the basket, shame I have to be patient about them taking orders again. I'll definitely place an order.
    Thanks
    Hugs
    Helen
    We don't need to do it perfectly - good enough is exactly that GOOD ENOUGH.
    Good Enough Club member number 8
    :j £2 coin club = now in a sealed tin so I'm not sure
  • princess_loki
    Options
    i haven't even got my first order but i've already gone through and started a new basket!!

bit skint and the chocs will be excellent for x-mas (my family are not proud and choc only lasts 5mins in our house - certainly not long enough to look at dates!) :j
    it's nice to be important but more important to be nice!! :kisses3:
  • crispeater
    crispeater Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Options
    placed my order friday 14th and so far have received half of it waiting for the other half so that i can place another order! poor mum has waited in 2 days thinking the courier might come lol :D

need some chocolate! :P
    It only seems kinky the first time.. :A
  • traveller
    traveller Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    Options
    I just hope he dosen't sell out of those treascle pies before he's up and running,lol:D .The delivery charge would be great,too:D
    :A Your Always in my heart, you never ever will be forgotten-9/9/14:heart2:
  • purplepardalis
    Options
    the tubs of peaches in juice.

Was hoping they would be good for taking to work in my lunchbox but they tasted vile. I don't know whether they tasted like that due to being out of date for a few months or whether they taste like that anyway! I'll just put them on the compost heap.

But everything else was brilliant - I will be ordering again when the site is up
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options

Was hoping they would be good for taking to work in my lunchbox but they tasted vile. I don't know whether they tasted like that due to being out of date for a few months or whether they taste like that anyway! I'll just put them on the compost heap.

But everything else was brilliant - I will be ordering again when the site is up
    Mine are icky too :( I think it's the out of dateness, as I've had them in date and they were lovely.

The rest of it was great, though, and my sister wanted to steal most of it! Mmmmm Nik Naks! And I got the rose syrop, which strangely tastes lovely in coffee.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• Approved_Food
    Approved_Food Posts: 215 Organisation Representative
    Options

We've took the peaches off the site - if your peaches are poor quality email us and we shall refund you in full.

Apologies Dan
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Approved Food. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • the_cat
    the_cat Posts: 2,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We've took the peaches off the site - if your peaches are poor quality email us and we shall refund you in full.

Apologies Dan

Wow - such great service, thanks Dan!!

Not received my order yet but hopefully will in the next couple of days. Maybe I will be lucky and my peaches will be OK:D But its nice to know that if there is a problem you will sort it out like this - I will def order again.
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My peaches were a bit dodgy - some of them look a bit 'dark' but i will just ditch those ones., but everythign else was great, the dried fruit, peanut butter, bean soup, cup cakes... the boys think its xmas already!
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    i had the tropical fruit ones, havent tasted them, but we did comment on them when we opened the boxes...

at that price it was worth the gamble if they are a bit dodgy.. but they will not go to waste.. my chicken and my duck will have them..as a treat...lol...

even though they are ood, dont forget you can buy food in the supermarkets in date and they are awfull...

with dan's comments it just goes to show... he is geniune and is prepared to lose money on products to keep you happy.....

just hope no one takes the 'piddle' out of his sincerity to keeping his customers happy
    Work to live= not live to work
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family