Scottish Trust Deeds Help and Advice

Options

Comments

• weelassie_2
    Options
    Hi,
    Can you go to the council and explain the property is empty, you haven't access anymore and that the trustees are responsible. Charging 50% is whats done if you have a second home, isn't it? I'm not sure on the legalities of it all, just saying what i think. Hopefully someone will know the correct information for you.
  • just_so_2
    just_so_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    weelassie wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can you go to the council and explain the property is empty, you haven't access anymore and that the trustees are responsible. Charging 50% is whats done if you have a second home, isn't it? I'm not sure on the legalities of it all, just saying what i think. Hopefully someone will know the correct information for you.

The council are having none of it. I'm liable and thats it. I got an exemption for 6 months Full water & sewage charges, and 50% discounted for the rest of their 'services'.If I could access it I wouldnt disagree but I'm not allowed in. My IP know about it and they more or less have told me to pay it.

You mean like a politicians second home :rotfl:
  • Miss_Poohs
    Miss_Poohs Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi miss poohs

what have you been having problems with miss poohs

What have I been having problems with? Well he's tall, greying, in his 50s and hopeless with money!! LOL

Don't get me wrong the DAS is a smashin idea - but the payment is in excess of £500 a month for the next 12yrs!! :eek:

We just can't hack it.

We have a debt councillor coming to the house on Wed, the same on who set up the DAS, and we plan to talk bankruptcy - well my husband does, its all his debt.

Are you happy with your arrangement Haggis?
    Don't try to keep up with the Joneses - Drag them down to your level - it's cheaper . :p:D
  • haggisAThome
    haggisAThome Posts: 149 Forumite
    edited 28 July 2009 at 12:37AM
    Options
    oh pooh,s you poor bu66er ! , i hope things get better for you both . 12 years !!! bankruptcy is a very big step you not thought about a iva ?

but at least you dealing with it , both of you . better than sticking ones head in the sand . i had a email from pay plan today asking if my wages have gone in to my new bank account , so sent one back saying all present and correct . then got one back not more than 10 min later saying she was going to inform hsbc and that was the start ... i am bricking my self a little now but at the end of the day i have nothing to loose , i actually have 200 pound saved a month . we have 80 quid of electric in the token meeter , i actually feel as if i am getting some were and its only just begun . granted the eta for paying them off is 2016 so longs they don't start whacking charges and interest on .

And that is the crunch , is it not ? atm i feel happy , but i know that will change when Christmas starts ( sorry for swearing )

i really hope your tall , graying , 50,s & hopeless with cash bloke is also feeling ok and remind him there is light at the end of the tunnel .... just remember the tunnel is a bit long

:beer:
    22864 quid and counting , but now proud to be dealing with it :j

DMP Starts 5th aug 2009 :j

The motoring forum gets more and more interesting each day.. ;)
  • gdl1_2
    Options
    Hi there i wonder if anyone can give me some advise. I apologise if i've missed the answers elsewhere in this thread or others.

I was released from a trust deed in feb this year, i have recieved a copy of the letter sent to creditors but not a release letter.

I have moved in with my girlfriend and we are looking to buy a house together probably early next year. She owns her current flat and would have aprox 30-40k equity from it to use as a deposit. What i am looking to find out is will we ba able to get a mortgage together? She has no credit problems and i dont want my history and credit rating to damage hers. We also dont want to wait a further 3 years (or is it 6) for things to drop off my history. Between us we have approx £2500 per month income and other than hp payments on my car which end in 3 months we have no other debt.

Can anyone help?

thanks in advance
  • fatgit
    fatgit Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    I am in a Protected Trust Deed at the minute that is finishing early next year.

It started in early 2007.

Out of interest, I have got a copy of my credit file.

As expected, the PTD shows on there.

For example, the date it started was 10 Jan 2007.

However, in the same part of the credit file it says 'Satisfied: 27 Feb 2005'.

Does anyone know what this means? Has anyone else seen similar on their file?+-
  • strangers1
    Options
    Hi There,

Me and the Mrs have just finished our 36th payment in June, not had the release papers yet. We have been living with her mother since 2001 and bought her council house in 2003 in her name with us paying the mortgage. She has just passed away last week and i was wondering where you think we should go with this, any advice will be grateful.

ps She has willed the property to my wife .
  • lmclean100
    Options
    Hi

I'm new to the Scottish Trust Deeds site. I've got a few questions.

I've tried to get a remortgage - I've got a mortgage and a secured loan on the house. The remortgage was with a different mortgage company but they undervalued the house by approx £25K, saying that as no houses like ours had sold since 2004 they couldn't give an accurate figure. Halifax had valued our house about 4 weeks previously at the higher amount but the new mortgage company won't accept their valuation which I quite understand.

Anyway the new mortgage company only offered 66% LTV, which isn't enough to pay off the original morgage and the secured loan - it's £3K short and the secured loan company won't accept this as they say it goes against their new guidelines.

On top of this I've got about £22k of debts in various credit cards and one loan.

I'm thinking about a Scottish Trust Deed as I've got my mother living with me and she's got Alzheimers which is pretty stressful on its own without the worry of the debts as well.

I'm a bit confused about what happens with the house. Please let me know if I've got this right. The Trust Deed runs for three years and you pay all of your available income to it to pay off your debts and just before the end of the 36 months, the amount outstanding on your debts is paid off by you remortgaging or getting a secured loan on the house. This is where I'm a bit confused - if you need to get a remortgage or secured loan one of the questions they ask is are you on an IVA or Scottish Trust Deed and if you are they you are refused.

Would you be able to explain this to me?

Thanks
    Getting there, slowly but I WILL be debt free before I retire :dance:
  • sgx.saint
    sgx.saint Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi All.

Quick question regarding Trust Deeds.

Before actually signing my life away to the Trust Deed, can you agree with the Trustee the monthly repayment amount?

For example, if you disagree with the amount you would have to repay, can you walk away from the agreement?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,645 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    AFAIK yes you can.If you havent signed anything there should be no ties.
    It can be amazing the difference in amounts suggested by different practitioners.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure