🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Scottish Trust Deeds Help and Advice

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,736 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope it all goes well for you :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • haggisAThome
    Options
    thank you and yes , i am pooing my self as the companies i owe the cash to don't know yet . payplan have assured me things will be ok and will get better , but i just get that sneaking feeling that they will start piling on the charges and keeping the interest going
    22864 quid and counting , but now proud to be dealing with it :j

DMP Starts 5th aug 2009 :j

The motoring forum gets more and more interesting each day.. ;)
  • coolcait
    coolcait Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    edited 20 July 2009 at 1:21AM
    Options
    thank you and yes , i am pooing my self as the companies i owe the cash to don't know yet . payplan have assured me things will be ok and will get better , but i just get that sneaking feeling that they will start piling on the charges and keeping the interest going

Hiya haggis

Just a quick question, as my memory is going, and you might already have covered this point! :o

If you're opting for a DMP, did you also consider the Debt Arrangement Scheme? If you were accepted onto DAS, your creditors would have to stop the interest and charges - by law.

If you haven't heard of DAS, and it would be a serious option for you, then I'm disappointed that Payplan didn't mention it to you!

There's more info about it here:

www.moneyscotland.gov.uk

HTH
  • haggisAThome
    haggisAThome Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    ahh , no they never offerd a das . and looking at it , it would have been better for me :cry:

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,736 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Can I suggest you go back to Payplan & ask them about as DAS?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • haggisAThome
    haggisAThome Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    i will dont worry , i will phone them tomorrow :beer:

• Miss_Poohs
    Miss_Poohs Posts: 630 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How did you get on with PP and the DAS?

My husband has been in his DAS a year, but it's crippling us, and the prospect of living like this for 12yrs has him thinking B/R is a better option.
    Don't try to keep up with the Joneses - Drag them down to your level - it's cheaper . :p:D
  • haggisAThome
    Options
    hi miss poohs

sorry i have had to format my pc and forgot to update you all .

i spoke to PP and they checked my assessment papers and i was not eligible for a DAS or BR , they said i had the options of a DMP or a TD . now i have got my budget sorta worked out i will be stuck with it for 6 and a half years and that is if they creditors don't hit me with charges and interest (i know they will) . but if they hit me with the big charges etc etc then i will just have to go down the route of a TD and then they can loose there chance of getting all there cash back .

its going to be a hard road ahead , but only my self and my family can get us down this road . what have you been having problems with miss poohs

• coolcait
    coolcait Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    Options
    hi miss poohs

sorry i have had to format my pc and forgot to update you all .

i spoke to PP and they checked my assessment papers and i was not eligible for a DAS or BR , they said i had the options of a DMP or a TD . now i have got my budget sorta worked out i will be stuck with it for 6 and a half years and that is if they creditors don't hit me with charges and interest (i know they will) . but if they hit me with the big charges etc etc then i will just have to go down the route of a TD and then they can loose there chance of getting all there cash back .

its going to be a hard road ahead , but only my self and my family can get us down this road . what have you been having problems with miss poohs

Hiya again HaH

Good to see you back!

Did PayPlan say why you're not eligible for DAS? After all, if you're paying back your debt over 6 and a half years in a DMP, that sounds ideal for DAS. :confused: There's also the point that the final decision on who gets onto DAS is down to the DAS administrator anyway - and that's only if one of your creditors objects.

If you opt for DAS, your money adviser sends all the forms out to your creditors telling them the amount you're offering to pay each month. If all of your creditors accept (or don't reply within 21 days) then the DAS will get approved automatically.

It might be worth your while trying to have a chat with a local DAS approved money adviser to get their views (if you can). There's a list on the moneyscotland website I linked to a few posts back.

HTH
  • just_so_2
    just_so_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

This is a long story but Ill keep it short.

I entered a trust deed Jan 08. As part of the deal I agreed to release £15,000 equity from my house at the end of the 3 year term. I also make a monthly payment. Unfortunately my wife and I split 8 months into the trust deed. Without going into to much detail I told my trustees that I wanted to sell, I didnt want to stay there again. They asked me for the keys of the property and once the property was empty, they changed the locks. At this point I ceased paying the mortgage, although I tried to maintain it I needed to find a new apartment, and therefore stopped so I could pay for a new rental. After several calls from the mortgage company (I explained that I had handed the property over to trustees), the trustees spoke to the mortgage company and they obviously accepted that the IP were selling my property on their terms.

The property went up for sale 9 monts ago and in this economic climate I believe the trustees are asking too much for it (more than the agreed equity release). However it was my decision to leave and they are welcome to the equity they can get. In saying that I am concerned about the upkeep, maintenance and general appearance of the property. I saw the garden last week and the lawn is overgrown and apparantly there is something wrong with a drain. As they changed the locks forbidding me from entry I cannot perform any checks/maintenance or otherwise on the property. The estate agents who are marketing it tell me they cant speak to me about it.

Even more annoying is the fact I am paying council tax with a 50% discount plus full water & sewerage charges, as they deem me liable. I have agrued this with them for months and they insist that is the legislation. I would not have a problem with this if I was able to gain entry, but the fact that I cant even get in these charges are ridiculous.

As my gas/ electric meter is outside, I read them and electric usage is zero since I left. I also switched the gas off but yet there are quite a number of units used. I reported this to the gas people. However, say its a leak, and it gets worse and something happens, would all the crap of the day land on my head. What if someone has an accident with the loose drainpipe ?

I am going to speak to my trustees (who are always helpful but vague) about these issues but I really dont know where to start with regards to 'the law' with this empty property. I'm also ashamed at the state the front garden is, and a year or so ago we had mice in the loft. If theyre back they'll be having some party!

Has anyone had experience of a similar situation where the property has been taken over by the trustee??.

Thanks
    JS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills