Finished Baskets - Part 2

Replies

• I have requested to join wendypilling
    Jan lunch to work days 0/20
  • hi i've sent a request too julie s coster x x
  • I would like to join the FB page please - olwyn pomroy
  • The FB group is a bit quiet, what can we do to get it going again?
    Maybe a group challenge or task. Pick one item to make and we can all post our pics etc?

I still havent been accepted yet but requested it straight away. I am Wendy Jordan - Newcastle and there is no picture.
  • bumpin up again
    Mummy to ds 29/12/06 dd 10/2/08 ds 25/5/11
    :Amy angel born too soon 18/11/12, always with me Emmie Faith:A

15 projects in 2015 10/15completed
  • edited 15 November 2010 at 4:20PM
    *Louise**Louise* Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    edited 15 November 2010 at 4:20PM
    Hello

I intended to make hampers last year but sort of never got round to it :o

ABout 5 minutes ago I decided I will make them for my Dad and MIL so far I have thought of:

Dad - New Year Hamper
    Malt Whisky
    Tartan wool scarf
    Shortbread
    Fudge
    Tablet

MIL - Meerkat Hamper (she loves 'em!):D
    Framed Meerkat cross stitch
    York Fruits (Nowt to do with Meerkats, she just loves them)
    Photo wall calendar of her grandchildren (reason as before...lol)
    Cuddly 'Aleksandr' meerkat toy
    Meerkat mug in a tin with the same design
    Meerkat pen

I might make my mum's gifts into a generic style hamper so she doesn't feel left out;) Just need to find suitable boxes/baskets and buy the stuff lol
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • *Louise**Louise* Forumite
    9.2K Posts
    Can I ask - where does everyone get the shredded paper to pad out the baskets? Is there somewhere online which sells it fairly cheap?
    Cross Stitch Cafe member No. 3
    2012 170-194 2013 195-207.Hello Kitty ballerina 208.AVA 209.OLIVIA 210.ELLA 211.CARLA 212.LOUISE 213.CHARLEY 214.Mother & Child 215.Stop Faffing Completed 2014 216.Stitchers Sampler. 217.Let Them Be Small 218.Keep Calm 219. Ups and downs 220. Annniversary piece 221. 2x Teachers gifts 222. Peacock 223. Tooth Fairy 224. Beth Birth pic 225. Circe the Sorceress Cards x 24
  • i did my first gift yesterday after being inspired by all the lovely photos, it was just a box of biscults with a hot chocolate drink jar, bag of mashmellows and a mug sat on top of it but....

when i went to pull the cellephane up to the 'poofy' bit at the top the sides were a bit short....i just had 2 metres from my local flower shop, which was quite wide, how do you wrap the baskets, do i need extra wide cellephane?

sorry if im not making any sense :o
  • ezzie1uk wrote: »
    i did my first gift yesterday after being inspired by all the lovely photos, it was just a box of biscults with a hot chocolate drink jar, bag of mashmellows and a mug sat on top of it but....

when i went to pull the cellephane up to the 'poofy' bit at the top the sides were a bit short....i just had 2 metres from my local flower shop, which was quite wide, how do you wrap the baskets, do i need extra wide cellephane?

sorry if im not making any sense :o

Hi

I Tend to use tape to join the side edges togeather then tuck & tape any extra underthe basket/box if that makes sence?

HTH

Jo
  • I've been looking through this thread and just wanted to say the photos of the hampers, I've seen are fantastic.

I wanting of putting together a "bedtime" hamper for my niece's and nephew's christmas presents. My niece is 5 and my nephew is 2, so thought maybe building a couple of hampers with bedtimey things in a book, PJs, slipper socks, blanket etc..

I'm looking for a pink and a blue baskets/boxes that they'll be able to use as toy boxes afterwards. But having trouble finding any and was just wondering if anyone knew of anywhere or maybe an alternative?

Also was wondering if anyone else had any other suggestions on what I could include.

I roughly want to spend £10-£15 on each hamper.

Thanks in advance for any help.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides