Finished Baskets - Part 2

Replies

• mary-op wrote: »
    Thanks..........afraid nothings local to us - only small market town and nearest big town is 20 miles away - might try the liverpool website and see whats there.........failing that do something with those sweets you can get that look like footballs.....not sure what. I'm thinking of my son and it'll have to be posted so don't want to risk a mug because of breakage (plus hes got no end of liverpool mugs)
    Thanks anyway.:)

Hi, We have a big store in my town. If you want I can pick a packet up and post them to you. Im always at the post office so Its no trouble.
  • mary-opmary-op Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Wendy - thats so kind and thoughtful of you -will send pm:)
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
  • I'm just making my other halfs hamper up, it hasn't really been a money saving hamper although i normally spend around £100 on him for his birthday i think i have done well :) here is what will be inside, everything will be wrapped up with tissue paper as he loves suprises lol

Nike Jogging Pants-£29.99 (JD Sports)
    Make your own glow stick cap £1.00 (pound shop)
    Make your own glow stick ball- £1.00 (pound shop)
    Four sided nail buffer 79p (home bargains)
    Lynx shower gel £1.50 (Asda)
    Lynx deodrant £2.70 (Asda)
    Newcastle bear for car £3.50 was £7.00 (Clintons)
    Pick n mix £2.00 (naughty but nice facebook page)
    twirl, boost and a caramel 3 for £1.00 (pound shop)

and thats it all :D a gran total of . . . £43.48 :D
    May: HTC HD2 Smartphone, Rimmel summer goodie bag, Koala Bear, So?...Deodrant, Bic Razor, where the wild thing are DVD, Puddle Puppy, falsies mascara, benefit badgal mascara, jergan naturals moisteriser, puppy goody bag :)
  • Not sure if this is any good for anyone but I just received this http://www.candigifts.co.uk/items/slight-seconds/set-5-faux-suade-hat-boxes-dark-brown-detail.htm

you have to add VAT and p&p but thats 5 "hampers" at a fairly good price - I thought they were different to my usual baskets etc

You cant notice that they are seconds either (well not the ones I received at least) But I had planned on personalising or sparkling them up a bit to cover any marks if they'd been obvious
  • Charliec45Charliec45 Forumite
    218 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Hi
    Sorry me again - just looking for some general advice and ideas - I am thinking of doing my sort of FIL a hamper for Christmas and he loves coffee so I am going with that theme - I usually spend about £30 - 35 on him. So far for the hamper I am going to include a coffee plant (if I can get one in winter!!!!!), some dark chocolate covered coffee beans, which I will make myself then wrap up the rest of the beans as they are, two cups and saucers/maybe espresso cups but other than that I am stumped! That will only come to £20 max - it doesn't have to come to the full amount but I want it to look substantial so any ideas would be gratefully received!
    Keep on comping!

2018 wins: £600
    2019 wins: £186
  • sianb84sianb84 Forumite
    445 Posts
    Charliec45 wrote: »
    Hi
    Sorry me again - just looking for some general advice and ideas - I am thinking of doing my sort of FIL a hamper for Christmas and he loves coffee so I am going with that theme - I usually spend about £30 - 35 on him. So far for the hamper I am going to include a coffee plant (if I can get one in winter!!!!!), some dark chocolate covered coffee beans, which I will make myself then wrap up the rest of the beans as they are, two cups and saucers/maybe espresso cups but other than that I am stumped! That will only come to £20 max - it doesn't have to come to the full amount but I want it to look substantial so any ideas would be gratefully received!

I would say maybe a selection of different beans would look nice esp. if in a celophane bag tied with ribbon. Would he like any syrups to put into the coffee to flavour it? What about some nice biscuits?

I just did a search for £28.99 in a premade hamper all you get is
    La Cafetiere Cocoa/Cinnamon Shakers
    3 x Speciality Coffees
    1 x Biscotto Sticks
    1 Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans
    1 x Specially Baked Biscotti

So whatever you do I am sure will be wonderful
  • Charliec45Charliec45 Forumite
    218 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    sianb84 wrote: »
    I would say maybe a selection of different beans would look nice esp. if in a celophane bag tied with ribbon. Would he like any syrups to put into the coffee to flavour it? What about some nice biscuits?

I just did a search for £28.99 in a premade hamper all you get is
    La Cafetiere Cocoa/Cinnamon Shakers
    3 x Speciality Coffees
    1 x Biscotto Sticks
    1 Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans
    1 x Specially Baked Biscotti

So whatever you do I am sure will be wonderful

ooh yeah i hadn't thought of biscuits! Thats given me a few ideas thank a lot! I know I looked online and saw a hamper which had a coffee plant, some fairtrade coffee and some chocolate beans and it was £40!!!! Talk about rip off!
    Keep on comping!

2018 wins: £600
    2019 wins: £186
  • florakidflorakid Forumite
    42 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    I am doing a coffee hamper for xmas. I got a "grow your own coffee plant" in Aldi for 99p a few weeks ago. It is nicely boxed. They have them on ebay just now but at silly prices.
    I also saw nice little Biscotto style Sticks in Farmfood in a round blue tin for 99p. Sell by date was not till July 2011. I plan to get them too for hamper.

Hope this helps xx
    You can't please everyone.
    Just believe in yourself and do what you think is right
  • mary-opmary-op Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    sianb84 -you could incorporate it with an ''elevenses'' box.............did one for MIL last year and she loved it -I added biscuits, puzzle books, all the things she does when she's having her ''elevenses''
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
  • Ruth_honeyRuth_honey Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    How about cross stitching a coaster with something coffee-related on it? (Hi from the cross stitch cafe, btw! :wave:)
    Does he use a filter machine or cafeitiere? Maybe extra filter papers for a machine, or a new cafetitiere in another size?
    I once bought this great hand made sign from ebay that read 'Don't talk to me...I haven't had my second cup of coffee yet!' Maybe something along those lines? Or a fridge magnet?
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides