Finished Baskets - Part 2

Replies

• kayandy_2kayandy_2 Forumite
    657 Posts
    hiya everyone =)
    im looking at starting scrapbooks for gran mother in law mother and aunty for xmas and was wondering if you guys had any advice on the best place to get the stuff i need would be. Also any advice on how to set them out and piccys would be great =) x
    :santa2: :rudolf:
    :D
  • Ruth_honeyRuth_honey Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    jem1276 wrote: »
    http://www.lush.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=121&category_id=499&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=80 chocolate orange lip balm from Lush

There are chocolate shampoos made by Mark Hill and John Frieda in Boots and http://www.boots.com/en/Palmers-Cocoa-Lip-Butter_955263/ palmers chocolate lip butter, buy one get 2nd half price at the moment.

I used to work in Lush & that lip balm is sooo yummy! Halfcost have a white chocolate one really cheap at the moment too.
    How about a chocolate face mask? About 99p from Savers/Superdrug/Home Bargains.
    I've also seen chocolate scented socks, a chocolate calculator, choc bar shaped mirror and magnets with chocolate related sayings on them!
    My friend did me a chocolate themed hamper last christmas. Some of the items were chocolate coloured, though, so you can cheat a bit to suit the person. I had a chocolate coloured handbag, and a brown flannel to wash off the chocolate face mask she'd put in. Saves my white ones looking so manky! :D
    Cross Stitch Cafe Monthly Challenge Member #27
    12/12/12 challenge-[STRIKE]Season's Greeting Newton's Law[/STRIKE] Christmas polar bear-finished on time! :)
    Thanks to all the girls in the Cross Stitch Cafe! You're all fantastic! :A
  • shazziereshazziere Forumite
    558 Posts
    not sure where to post this but my friend is going to New York for her 40th and I wanted to do a hamper for her to take.Does anyone know how i can look at archived hamper ideas ?And also can anyone recommend what to put in the basket?
  • shazziereshazziere Forumite
    558 Posts
    not sure where to post this but my friend is going to New York for her 40th and I wanted to do a hamper for her to take.Does anyone know how i can look at archived hamper ideas ?And also can anyone recommend what to put in the basket?
  • mary-opmary-op Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    shazziere - if you look at the top of the page on this board there's a 'sticky' of Hampers listing all sorts.........bound to be one there that would help you I would think. :)
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
  • nikki2804nikki2804 Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the chocolatey ideas guys - taken them all on board (actually tried the choccie face mask - bliss!!) Will just need to look into doing it as cheaply as possible.
    SPC no 046
    Now a MFW! :j
  • mary-opmary-op Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Like this chocolate themed idea.........I was getting a bit stuck for sons girlfriends birthday -not till September so fair bit of time.
    I've got chocolate scented candles and found printable wrapper on internet for a bar of chocolate
    Like the idea of chocolate face mask...........originally thought of doing a 'pamper' type selection so could combine the two I think:)
    I would be unstoppable if only I could get started !

(previously known as mary43)
  • Hi All - Haven't been around for ages, so have just been reading through posts about Facebook group. Have requested to join - the name's Chris Porter, by the way.
  • ladsmaddladsmadd Forumite
    397 Posts
    Hi,

My sister and brother are both mad on levi roots cookin sauces, managed to pick them a copy of his Caribbean Food Made Easy book, in the hope that they will love to try his recipes.They have not got much cookware so was thinking of a casserole, as most of the book uses one of these, and via the sauces not sure how to bring this together.They have about £20-£25 as including there partners in this gift.Does anyone have any ideas i could think about thanks.
    # 017 -Sealed Pot Challenge 8

A friendly look,a kindly smile,one good act and life's worthwhile
    # 017 -Sealed Pot Challenge 7 = £636
    # 382 -Sealed Pot Challenge 6 =£472
  • Hey everyone - loving all the ideas!! chocolate one is brilliant! have some friends who love chocolate, but if i can get things that smell of chocolate and then just one actual bit of eating chocolate would be forgiven!! lol.

with regards to the levi roots hamper - what about getting some of the stor cupboard ingrediantes in the book, is there dried bits you could get to go in there - chili's. Or what about some of the grow your own herb plant pots with seeds for corriander etc if they are used in the recepies?
    Bottle of Malibu or other drink that relates to the caribbean perhaps?
    :heart2:Married my Prince Charming on 15th April 2011 - perfect day!

Our little princess born 8th June - she is amazing!! :grinheart

Honeymoon Disney World Florida - Jan 2012!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Alexa, tell me some top tips

How can this Forumite maximise their smart speaker?

Join the Forum discussion

State pension shortfalls for women

MPs call it a 'shameful shambles'

MSE News