Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

November 2008 Grocery Challenge - Page 47

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

November 2008 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
1K replies 79.5K views

Replies

• cuddlymarmcuddlymarm Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

I've actually managed a no spend day today:j
    Tomorrow I'm doing my morning in the charity shop and only need milk and veg so when I come out I'm going to go straight there and then straight home. No looking anywhere else. I need to learn some discipline.

Cuddles:rotfl:
    January NST 2/16
  • Oh dear....so far I have 6p left out of my £200 so my first month isn't going well :rolleyes:

I'm not despondent though, with hindsight my budget was too low for this month as last month I spent just about £100 but used loads from the cupboards so my Tesco shop was bigger than usual to balance that. Plus I'm buying bits and pieces for Christmas as well.

I reckon I'm going to be closer to £230 perhaps a little lower but it's still not too bad.
    Piglet
  • Hi
    Called in to Lidl on way home from work - spent 12.81.
    Have bargains on Batchelors savoury rice 2 for 80p and microwavable rice 49p per packet - all varieties.
    have updated total below
    off to sit in front of the fire where it is warm - hands frozen
    byeeeee
    Mortgage free as at 1/9/13 :j
    To start work on the credit cards now!!
  • tangotango Forumite
    13.1K posts
    Ok its the 11th,and total so far is £370 so not to bad !! end date 28th :D
    Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.
  • the_catthe_cat Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    This week has gone really well.... Popped into Lidl yesterday and picked up 2 gammon joints on special offer for Xmas. Managed to get 4 loaves of FREE bread while there:beer:

Then went to Sains tonight for some milk and got lucky with the whoopsies:D

£41.19 of food now crammed into the fridge and freezer for the cost of just £5.93:o Includes all fruit/veg for the week, plus enough for some lunchtime soups

Will have to get some more milk in a couple of days but apart from that nothing needed until next week (although I'm getting a bit addicted to whoopsie hunting so might still spend more!)

Total spend now up to £102.56:j :j
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Well its nearly half way through the month and I have not spent half of my budget - total spend to date is £189:j and our cupboards and fridge are bulgeing - this weeks shop at mr T came in at £49 which is unheard of including some stuff for day time meals for me - the end of my trips to subway and the like. It has taken a few months but suddenly i feel in control of my budget and for the first time I am aiming to come in under budget - fingers crossed. I have meal plans to follow and will be so glad if i can crack this this month leaving us a bit extra to spend on the kids at christmas.:T :T

Did get 12 selection boxes last week (from xmas budget not food) when they were on offer - they are calling to me now but I will resist there is no point getting the offers - eating them and having to replace at full price - not very os or weight friendly - :rotfl:
  • Just been shopping tonight and have just popped on to change my sig. Did a full weekly shop including getting in a couple of bits and pieces for Christmas, and it came to £40.37. £65.35 down, £94.25 to go. Now I'm getting nervous as to whether I'll do it!!
    Continually trying the Grocery Challenge. Gotta keep trying!
  • natzininatzini Forumite
    561 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Just popped on to update my siggy.... £59.86 and will get another top up early next week!

Un sou est un sou
  • What or where is Mr T?
    Wendy x
  • Mr T is Tesco's, Mr S is Sainsburys and so on.:D

Will log back on later to update my total as shopped in Asda & Aldi's yesterday.
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.