Glasses Buying Cost Cutting Plan Article Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Hi, wondering if anyone could offer any advice on where to get cheap spectacles for those with big heads (literally as opposed to metaphorically!).

I've got some nice glasses but what I need are some for a work environment where breakage is a possibility, and recompense from the employer is limited.

I use this place.

http://www.optical4less.com/bigframes-eyeglasses/

they do a cheap poly lens that is very tough and bendable frames that are hard to break.
    £50 will get you these in single vision.
    http://www.optical4less.com/bendable-eyeglasses/mb040/

if you go rimless you can go custom size, on the total width.

for cheaper I use goggles4u thy do even bigger frames had off them for less than £30
  • minalchotai
    Options
    Where do you get your glasses adjusted? I have tried Boots and Specsavers, even offered to pay, however both refused to help. Any ideas would be welcome.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Where do you get your glasses adjusted? I have tried Boots and Specsavers, even offered to pay, however both refused to help. Any ideas would be welcome.

Try another Specsavers. They are generally pretty good at doing this type of thing for people.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Boots have adjusted mine, no problems
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Pdb
    Pdb Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, does anyone know if there is a forum dedicated to cheap prescription sunglasses? Or even better, anyone know of standard prescription sunglasses (e.g. +3 both lenses or -2 etc.). They do swimming goggles like this but never seen sunglasses.
    Many thanks,
    Pdb
  • typewriter2911
    Options
    I'm getting a 404 error form your article link?
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • GraceCourt
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    "Any postage fees incurred for returning items to us will need to be covered by the sender, unless we have made an error, where a maximum of £8.50 will be refunded or held as a credit."

The legislation neither permits such postage fees to be limited to any particular amount, nor for this legal right to be limited to errors by the seller.

By virtue of Part 2 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, for the purposes of a consumer contract, this purported contractual condition cannot be enforced.
  • underwhelmed_saver
    underwhelmed_saver Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 November 2018 at 8:47PM
    Options
    My prescription is for astigmatism, with -4.00 CYL in one eye and -4.50 in the other

Does anyone know of any of these online sites that sell glasses for this prescription level? I tried glassesdirect, which was a great experience (trying the glasses on at home was wonderful because you don't get pressured by the shop staff) but I couldn't buy from them because they don't support my prescription
  • jack143
    Options
    they are big thugs sometimes 30 Pounds for 5 seconds of work is too much similarly a 5 Euro frames is ols is 105 Euros, now i dont waste my money on local opticians and order glasses from various online stores last time i ordered from shipping with prescription was perfect
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback