Who can I complain to about Travelodge?

Options

Comments

• LesD
    LesD Posts: 2,111 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    [quote=chrisw99;15040561. So in early September I wrote a letter addressed to "The Managing Director" to the head office. 6 weeks later no response or acknowledgement.
    [/quote]

NEVER write to 'The Managing Director' of any company!!!

It's obvious you are complaining and the letter will never get to him/her.

Grant Hearn,

Chief Executive Officer

Grant has a wealth of experience in the hotel and travel industry and started his career as an Assistant Hotel Manager. Grant joined Travelodge in March 2003 from the Hilton Group where he was Managing Director for the UK and Ireland. Previously he has worked for Whitbread where he held the position of Managing Director for Travel Inn and before this the position of Chief Operating Officer for the Marriott brand.

He is married with three children and is a Fellow of the H.C.I.M.A.
  • Amys
    Amys Posts: 919 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have to say I am not surprised, I stayed at one where the room was moldy and it was horrible, nowhere else nearby had room. Customer services inthe hotel did not give a da**. Ended up taking photpogrpahs and sending them to customer relations, had a fuull refund.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,366 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    chrisw99 wrote: »
    Good thinking!! I think the whole unfortunate episode clearly highlights the vast difference in quality between Travelodge and Premier Travel Inn considering the comparable price of the two.

I didn't even mention we had a 2 year old toddler and booked a family room, which amounted to an unconverted sofa bed with a pile of bedding next to it. Correct me if I'm wrong but a family room should have at least one bed other than the double, that doesn't require assembly and making up. And of course the reception staff who were more concerned with their nails than my wifes fainting episode.

This is the STRATFORD ALCESTER one. Avoid like the plague. Go for Worcester Premier Inn. Considering by then it was 10pm I was surprised by the helpfulness of their staff, and as you pointed out earlier I should write a letter of praise to them. Everyone complains these days but not many do the opposite and I think I will.

Rightly or wrongly all travelodge family rooms consist of a double bed and an unmade sofa and roll out bed.
  • whitty999
    whitty999 Posts: 4,024 Forumite
    Options
    I once complained to travel lodge because of the state of the room it was really filthy,I stayed but rang & complained after I got a full refund.
    So you might get lucky with your money back
    Lucky No27
    .D.E.F..H..J.K.L.M.N.O.P.Q.R..U..X.Y.Z
    V,T,B,S,A,C,I,G,W
  • billieboy_2
    billieboy_2 Posts: 1,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LesD wrote: »
    NEVER write to 'The Managing Director' of any company!!!

It's obvious you are complaining and the letter will never get to him/her.

Grant Hearn,

Chief Executive Officer

Grant has a wealth of experience in the hotel and travel industry and started his career as an Assistant Hotel Manager. Grant joined Travelodge in March 2003 from the Hilton Group where he was Managing Director for the UK and Ireland. Previously he has worked for Whitbread where he held the position of Managing Director for Travel Inn and before this the position of Chief Operating Officer for the Marriott brand.

He is married with three children and is a Fellow of the H.C.I.M.A.
    My FIL wrote to Grant Hearn in March after staying in a Travelodge near Bristol. He had various complaints like no toilet roll when they arrived:eek: (the staff had to go to the local Morrisons to get some!), no towels, the remote on the telly had no batteries and various other things. He'd previously written to customer services but got no response so I got the Chief Executive Officer's name from a web search, he wrote to him (by letter not e-mail) and got a response very quickly from someone under him together with vouchers for a free stay at Travelodge. So I would say it's worth writing to him.
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I stayed at the Alcester one last November, it was pretty average as Travel lodges go :D
  • spender
    spender Posts: 1,157 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Put your bad experience and your good experiences on Tripadvisor, that way the news will be passed on. Hope you get a refund.
    No Matter what you do there will be critics.
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'd write to the registered company address:

TRAVELODGE HOTELS LIMITED
    SLEEPY HOLLOW, AYLESBURY ROAD
    THAME
    OXON
    OX9 3AT

(No honestly, the address really is Sleepy Hollow!)
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • kgldsun
    kgldsun Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Been there, done that and got the T Shirt!!
    I have a complaint with the Heathrow Travel lodge and many E Mails, Phone calls and six weeks ago a letter to 'sleepy hollow', still no response.
    I would be very careful ever booking with this company again, or for that matter recommending it!
    We were fortunate enough(or so we thought) to book 2 for £9 at a Heathrow travelodge. We have paid in advance for the breakfast, which is non refundable and checked all its criteria. Nothing untoward.........................until I decided to call the Hotel and ask times of breakfasts as we would have to leave at 7.30am. This is mentioned nowhere on there website. "we dont know, its up to the managers discretion" is the answer. Five E Mails later and pre written none applicable answers, two letters later, not even one reply I have decided to give up. Customer Service? What customer Service!!!

user_online.gif [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com?subject=Reporting post http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=15797655"]report.gif[/EMAIL]
    I would never recommend or book them again!
    What next?
  • sooz
    sooz Posts: 4,560 Forumite
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Rightly or wrongly all travelodge family rooms consist of a double bed and an unmade sofa and roll out bed.

And it's clearly stated on their website.
    http://www.travelodge.co.uk/common_room_questions/#question7
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport