Who can I complain to about Travelodge?

Options
124»

Comments

• bexman
    bexman Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Thats awful, thank goodness your alright and no physical harm came to you. Truly awful though. I often stay away with work and on numerous occasions i've been awoken by somebody knocking my door at night, I always assumed it was a drunk guest getting his room number wrong!
  • Rabbie
    Options
    ANY COMPANY GIVES ME HASSLE, I MAY DECIDE TO WRITE TO THEM FOR COMPENSATION, 28 days notice before going to small claims court. Their legal fees alone won't be worth them going to court so they may decide to settle out of court.

Speak to Trading Standards too.

Plus my Barclays VISA Debit card, insures most payments made on it, although it can take a while. Find out if your debit/credit card provider protects you too.

Rabbie
  • davetrousers
    Options
    dini wrote: »
    but next thing I knew, someone was in my room.

I'd have battered the !!!!!! out of him, but I am a bloke I suppose.

Though 1 (very) bad experience shouldn't stop you from staying in Travelodges in the future as they all seem to vary in quality, some of the newer ones are pretty good with LCD TVs. And some do have chains on the door. It's not like this happens frequently.

• dini_2
    dini_2 Posts: 193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have had a look at Trip Advisor, and there seems to be a bit of a theme with security at Travelodge hotels.
    I dont think I have ever stayed in one before- have done lots of Premier Inns and I dont remember it being so bad. I thought it would be in the same sort of range.
    Maybe you are right and one bad experience shouldnt put me off, but I was really scared, and it just got worse when I realised there was no way to phone security.
    I was afraid to stay in the room when the intruder had backed out (there were 2 guys, but the second one didnt actually come in to my room-although I was screaming like a madwoman, so that mighthave deterred him) , because he had already got in once even though I had locked the door. So I started to make my way downstairs and bumped into the pair of them trying to get into another room, they saw me and swore, so I didnt hang about, I just ran.
    The night security man didnt have a master key card, (He had to make one so the police could check the empty rooms for the accomplice) but a contract cleaner off duty had one. That doesn't say much for their internal security policies.
    At the very least, I would expect to feel safe in my hotel room. And I cant imagine how I would ever feel safe in a Traveloge again.
    Light Bulb Moment: Feb 2007
    Debt: £65560 ~~~~~~ Debt Free day 24th March 2016:T
  • Laxeyman
    Options
    My family too has received very poor customer service from TL Taunton. Didn't get the requested room but given a small family room which stank, then given a large room with exposed nails on the pull-out bed, cistern detached and falling out, failed bathroom extractor, torn bedding, very shabby corridors, and in general 'defensive' rather than concerned staff. Got one email acknowledgement, then email saying passing to hotel Manager for verification. Then nothing for 3 weeks even after follow up emails. Have escalated to 'sleepy hollow' - I shan't hold my breath. Advise anyone to go to Premier Inn instead.
  • dan2002
    Options
    hope you dont expect a reply from travelodge ,I phoned and phoned no one got back to me so I wrote a nice letter and they couldnt even send me a "dear john letter" ,just do nothing and I will go away, so Premier inn will be the place I stay next
  • colmil
    colmil Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    Options
    I sued Travelodge this year and sent in the bailiffs, too, will not stay there again, they are just like Ryanair, the backside of their businesses
    Filiss
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport