Who can I complain to about Travelodge?

Options

Comments

• chrisw99
    chrisw99 Posts: 359 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Well it took an age, but earlier this week I finally got a cheque for a refund of the original booking. The trump card seemed to be writing to Scott Rutherford, who is the director of the customer services, and complaining not about my original complaint but the fact that I'd sent 20+ emails, several phone calls that promised a call back which never appeared and two letters with no response, and that was appalling customer service.

Apology duly received, plus a cheque. I don't know whether to pay it in or frame it!

My wife was 4 months pregnant at the time of the original complaint, and the baby arrived before the refund did.
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Congratulations on the baby, or the Travelodge refund.... whichever you're more happy about :D
  • SimbaSimon
    SimbaSimon Posts: 810 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You get what you pay for. Could you like not open a window? Or how about make a paper fan? Surely that would work! Anyway, I've stayed in tons of travelodges (never paid much for any of them) and haven't had a really bad experience yet, occasionally a slight niggle (one room smelt of paint as they'd been redocrating) but generally I find them good.

Maybe you should start paying £100's for Hilton's in future.
  • sheilanick
    Options
    On Monday night I stayed at the Travelodge central, Birmingham.

The reviews on Trip Advisor were pretty depressing, noisy, dirty rooms, unhelpful staff, so, having booked 3 £9 rooms for myself and friends, I was nervous. I did ring them before arrival to request adjacent rooms, in a quiet part of the hotel.

I can only report that the recpetion staff were welcoming, our rooms were exactly as requested and although very sparse, they were clean and we had a quiet night ( though I suspect weekends would be murder:eek: ).

If you are careful to check that you know what you are booking and make any requests directly to the hotel, then there is no reason why you shouldn't have a good stay and for £9 a night it's a steal.
  • Kez100
    Kez100 Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    Options
    Just to say we had a really hot room at a premier inn and they wouldn't let us out into the car park for fresh air! It was only somerset I doubt the area was that bad. We complained about the lack of sleep but they never replied.

I would say travelodge are probably slightly worse in general experience but in our experience they are actually better than PI!
  • bexman
    bexman Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Just a quick post that may prove extremely useful for anybody with a Travelodge complaint, we booked two different dates with Travelodge and the first stay in Cheltenham was shocking, dirty rooms, dirty bedding stains on pillows, not good!

Anyway my OH refused to ever go in another Travelodge so I had to cancel Valentines weekend booking to Bath Travelodge, travelodge refused a refund on the Bath booking and after reading this board I thought I'd try contacting Scott Rutherford as someone mentioned he's top dog. So here's what I did....

I emailed scott.rutherford@travelodge.co.uk and explained my problem, sure enough he emailed back telling me he was not the man for complaints but he had forwarded my email to a Rhonda Levick, she is the customer services manager. Sure enough my refund was processed and I got a cheque promptly!

So any problems email her on rhonda.levick@travelodge.co.uk and get your problems sorted! Power to the consumer!
  • clairbear_3
    Options
    Stayed at Middlewich(cheshire) Travelodge last AUG room was very warm
    but couldnt open windows because too noisy outside(next to busy roundabout)
    Upon leaving was asked if everything ok,I said yes but why do you have the heating on full in the summer?
    Theres no heating on,its just well insulated,its nice in the winter though said the receptionist
    Apart from that Ive had no probs with travelodge staying at Penrith & Burton this summer
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    To be honest the hotel has a duty of care to its customers , If the hotel room was flooded or too cold it would not be accepable same applies when it is too hot. The room needs to be between XX degrees and YY degrees if its not its wrong . If your wife just thought it was too hot TL are not to blame for that . I hate hotel rooms because they have the heating on full stop. I end up without sleep and kicking covers all night but i doubt its above the temp stated as too hot.
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Im ex-PTI staff (when it was Premier Lodge) but I always stay in Travelodges cos they're cheaper. Tbh, me and my mate (also ex-Premier Lodge, Travel Inn and PTI) have only found problems a couple of times and found that usually they dont want to know.... Me and OH stayed in Wembley TL recently and they only provided one thin pillow each which was a nightmare. I have breathing difficulties which mean I need to sleep propped up, the receptionist just said 'no' snottily when I asked for more pillows, until I told her why I needed them and she stomped off in a huff and found some.
    Most travelodges are ok but some are on the wrong side of awful...!!! However some of the newer ones are lovely... Nottingham Central and Edinburgh are quite nice.
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • dini_2
    dini_2 Posts: 193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I stayed in the one in Watford last night. Never again. The room was clean, the reception staff polite.
    I am female, and was alone.

I was woken up by someone knocking on the door at about 2am. I ignored it, and thought they would go away. But then I heard them try to get in the door. I wasn't worried as I had turned the latch thing, but next thing I knew, someone was in my room.
    I wasn't hurt, thank goodness (apart from being scared silly)
    I haven't been to sleep since then though. I am intermittently calm or crying. There was no phone in the room, nor was there a number visible that I could call to get help. (apart from 999 on my mobile) There wasn't as much as a security chain on the door. (Seriously, a couple of quids worth)

The police caught the guy who broke into my room - it turned out that a contract cleaner was using his master key card to burgle the place. (Some other guests had laptops stolen.)
    I am angry and upset at the poor security. Surely Hotels have a duty to provide a certain amount of safety to the guests? Surely with a keycard system there should be some measures to keep track of master cards?

And afterwards, thinking about it, if there was a fire and I didn't have my mobile with me, what on earth would I have done?

The manager phoned me this afternoon to apologise, but to be honest I didn't want to talk about it, as I was reduced to tears again. Apparently head office will contact me tomorrow.
    Light Bulb Moment: Feb 2007
    Debt: £65560 ~~~~~~ Debt Free day 24th March 2016:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family