TelecomPlus Exposed

Options

Comments

• markedgar
    markedgar Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Exactly my thoughts Moderator and lisyloo...

Now you all know why I don't bother replying to questions any more (apart from being very busy and having many more positive and constructive things to do with my life unlike a lot of souls that frequent this site).

One minute it's 'come on TP rep(s) answer that!', the next it's 'you should not be posting here as you only do so to advertise'.

Get a life.

It just goes to show how uninformed and uneducated some people are when comments from the likes of Smartasss (who isn't smart one jot) say:

After reading some of the posts from T+ reps in other threads I have suggested that their operation appeared to be more akin to a 'pyramid' selling operation than a utility supplier (this has been hotly disputed by their people), but this is taken from the site (amongst a list of the various benefits available if you become one of their people and go for the £199.75 starter kit): Quote:The ability to build a team of other agents - and the chance to earn an income from their customers (down an infinite level).

Another benefit - note the training is optional!!
    Quote:Free entry to your local national training course (you don't have to go if you don't want to)

Also, it appears you get a total of 18 dfferent items in your pack, including different application forms for both customers and prospective T+ reps to join your 'pyramid' - but no mention of getting a copy of the weird Ts + Cs!!

As for being exposed, it's about time Smartasss, Tiger (has Tiger registered yet?) and alared were.

- this isn't an ad.

;)Mark E
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mark E
    It's not a good idea to slate people who use this site and then as a user expect to be taken seriously

Might of been better if you didn't rise to it but rise above it! ;)
  • markedgar
    markedgar Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    My response is only to comments being published on this site with regard to TP that simply try to discredit the company and anybody associated with it: whether customers, past, present or potential, and distributors alike.

The only way to rise above it is to not partake in any forums whatsoever.

Similarly, the administartors of this site have a duty to ensure that what is being published is not offensive, inaccurate or unwarranted - and certainly a lot of what has been published in recent months has been with the sole intention of discrediting or otherwise defaming (or attempting to defame) the organisation.

TP and the means by which they market their services is neither immoral, unethical or illegal.

If anybody thinks it is, just find out how much your 'regular' organisation spends on advertising (and who ultimately pays through the nose for it), bearing in mind the fact that TP are unique in enabling ordinary people to have a stake in what they (TP) do, and to save and make money on everyday services that ordinary people use all the time.

Nothing wrong with that.

;)Mark E

TP Independent Distributor
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
  • trafalgar_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OUCH!!
  • mistral_2
    mistral_2 Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    Guys this has got really boring now , can we not find a way to move this on !!!

You all have so much energy, it should be used to find more money saving ideas.

The site is meant to help people .

I think this thread may be putting people off.

I think a move to the Referrals board might be a good idea .

Very few new members post here as it is just a private slanging match !

Gal got it right with his earlier comments
    'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
  • trafalgar_2
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Guys this has got really boring now , can we not find a way to move this on !!!

You all have so much energy, it should be used to find more money saving ideas.

The site is meant to help people .

I think this thread may be putting people off.

I think a move to the Referrals board might be a good idea .

Very few new members post here as it is just a private slanging match !

Gal got it right with his earlier comments

spot on

well said ;D
  • numerouno
    Options
    After reading some of the posts from T+ reps in other threads I have suggested that their operation appeared to be more akin to a 'pyramid' selling operation than a utility supplier (this has been hotly disputed by their people), but this is taken from the site (amongst a list of the various benefits available if you become one of their people and go for the £199.75 starter kit):

Also, it appears you get a total of 18 dfferent items in your pack, including different application forms for both customers and prospective T+ reps to join your 'pyramid' - but no mention of getting a copy of the weird Ts + Cs!!

Hi there ,

I see you mention that Telecomplus is akin to pyramid selling... could you explain just what 'pyramid selling' is and what business is not a pyramid.

AJ
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    After reading some of the posts from T+ reps in other threads I have suggested that their operation appeared to be more akin to a 'pyramid' selling operation than a utility supplier (this has been hotly disputed by their people), but this is taken from the site (amongst a list of the various benefits available if you become one of their people and go for the £199.75 starter kit):

I don't quite understand... What is pyramid selling!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,100 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We are in a position to answer the questions posed by Mark Todd as we have been actively transferring customers to Telecom Plus for just over a year now.

1. Telecom Plus do not charge their standing charges up front. They operate exactly as all other suppliers.

2. Not relevant

3. Customers can pay by either Direct Debit or Quarterly bill, exactly as all other suppliers - they do of course have different tariffs rates for different payment methods.

4. No, they operate in accordance with Industry Guidelines where any supplier can expect to receive 28 days notice. We have transerred customers away from Telecom Plus, where this has been appropriate and in fact they turn out to be very quick at releasing a customer when requested.

5. Again this is not how they operate in practice, they operate in exactly the same manner as most other suppliers.

Also just to clarify another point in case anyone is unsure, TelecomPlus normally charge a £10 adminstration deposit when signing up with them direct. If you use Energylinx to sign up to a Telecom Plus contract then you do not have to pay this fee.

In terms of customer numbers their customer base is growing exceedingly fast.

Hope this helps.

Jackie Welsh
    Regulation
    Energylinx
    04 03 2004

Could you explain more about the £10 charge. I E what is it for... where does it go etc.
  • Smartasss
    Smartasss Posts: 873 Forumite
    Options
    There are some strange coincidences concerning the above three posters!

1) In another thread, numerouno admitted to being a T+ "Senior Exec", named Alan Howes.
    Hi Alan Howes (Telecomplus Distributor) here...

2) ajhnumerouno@hotmail.com, the 'guest', has an e-mail address which includes "alanjohnhowes@*****.com"

3) And 'guest' Alan John Howes has an e-mail address identical to the name of  "ajhnumerouno@hotmail.com".

Interesting.............???

One can only speculate as to what is behind this game playing from someone claiming to be a Senior Executive with T+.  (In another post, numerouno did post his link which lead to the website of a TelecomPlus Senior Executive!!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure