PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thurs 9th Oct 08

Options

Comments

• troo
    troo Posts: 252 Forumite
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    as that famous U.S. general said 'I shall return'

Or as a famous terminator once said 'I'll be back' :D Good luck Jackie hug.gif

I've scrubbed the whites and they're spinning in the machine. I've scrubbed the coloureds and they're waiting to spin.

It was cold and clear when I woke up, now it's cold and foggy

We have people round on thursday evenings so I usually put all my cardmaking stuff away so there's room for everyone. But I'm sick of no-one else offering to use their house (we were supposed to take it in turns but that's never happened), and they don't think of what it costs us in milk, teabags, coffee, cake etc. so I've put the cake tins away (WE'RE eating it, not them) and the card stuff is staying where it is - it's my business and I'm not rearranging it for them. They can have one cuppa each and that's it.

troo's gone mean :D

oye mi cuerpo pide salsa
    y con este ritmo
    vamos a bailar

I'm listening to my Latin-y CD, it always puts me in a good mood :D
    I am a coffee bean
  • MRSTITTLEMOUSE
    Options
    Good morning all,I'm up very late today.OH still on days off so we were up till late and then slept in.I've been unable to read the whole thread(will do that later when I've got more time)just wanted to wish everyone good day and hope you have a good one.
    Hugs to all that need one.
    Take care xxx.
    p.s.don't know about where you live but the weather here is absolutely gorgeous.
  • anniestar
    anniestar Posts: 2,600 Forumite
    Options
    :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j :j
    Morniny gang, Last night was wonderful,fantastic & Birlliant:T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T
    Even better that Manchester. This despite it being at a venue I HATE- a lot!! Am very very very tired but totally worth it.
    Have read todays posts can't remember a lot of what I wanted to say(I often make a list but as my hands are black and blue am having some trouble writing! Ah "rock 'n' roll I gave you the best years of my life":rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: All worth every bruise!!!!
    JackieO Good luck. Will be thinknig of you.
    Pen-Pin!! your breakfast sounds lovely. You did make me laugh with your description of your DH's signing "skills":T
    Sunnyday Thanks you. Fergal and Livvy had a nice day-helped by the prawns I got for them!
    Candygirl happy Birthday to you.:beer: (struggling to get the cake up!):beer:
    Mr SUNNYDAY happy birthday to YOU.:beer: :beer:
    Pink enjoy today. I hope your DD has a safe flight.
    Anyaway, could do with:beer: :rotfl: but will make do with:coffee: :coffee: (fifth of the day)
    Will post another more coherent(!!) post later.
    Have a fasntastic day Ann xxxxx
    p.s. one more sleep to Leicester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Blind as you run...aware you were staring at the sun.

And when no hope was left inside on that starry starry night.

:A Level 42- the reason I exist. :A
  • jessbrown100
    Options
    Morning All :hello:
    Nipping in for one of my intermittant visits (made all the more intermittant now by baby Leon). Am trying to get my enthusiasm up to clean the kitchen, we had a chimney fire the night before last and my Rayburn belched hot soot all over my kitchen and it refuses to clean off properly :mad: (actually, I say belched but it was more like a mini explosion!).
    Due to the whole stove explosion thing we're without central heating for a couple of days so have dug my oil filled radiators out and am going to do a big casserole for tea, alos think I'll take LO out for a stroll to make the most of the sunshine. So busy day, better get cracking.
    Hugs to all that need them.
    Have a good day all,
    Jess xx
  • mummysaver
    mummysaver Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all!

Candygirl - happy birthday! Have a fantastic day and a lovely meal tonight!

Happy birthday Mr Sunnyday!

JackieO - hope it goes well in hospital and that you aren't too sore, enjoy your sleep this afternoon! Don't know if this is any help to you, but I read an article about Asda doing bras for wearing after reconstructive surgery, not sure if they've started selling them yet?

Penpin - your breakie sounds lovely, pleased that you managed to cook it and are sounding so bright today. Holiday sounds like fun, and a hotel stay will be nice, I love the idea of Mr PP not being able to keep up with you lol!

Welcome Mishmash!

Sybil - well done on your outing, glad to hear you made it, nothing like a nice chat with a friend to give you the impetus to get out of the house. Your dinner sounds lovely - everyone seems to be having nice food, I'm hungry!

Hester - you regularly make me cry, some of your posts are just sooo funny!

Lovely bright and sunny day here again, just as well as dd's forgot to grab the washing in last night, oh well the towels will have had a really good airing! Housework all done, need to hang washing out when this lot is dry, bm will be refilled with a loaf when I've taken the granary mix out and made the rolls in the moski that the kids have requested for lunch. dw is loaded, pots put away and kitchen swished and swiped!

I've been sitting here wondering why I can smell bounty bars, and just realised its the new body lotion I've got on lol! Sample free with a mag, it's the Body Shop coconut body butter, nice but very strong smelling!

Tea tonight will be sausage and chips for the girls and stir fry for me and ds, nice and simple,and I picked up a nice bottle of Hardys in Asda last night, usually just under £8 but part of the 3 for £10 offer, happy days!

Bargains from work last night included 2 huge bags of courgettes for 20p each, and a couple of celeriacs for mash on Sunday for 7p each, 3 bunches of lilies at 40p each and 2 bunches of roses for 20p each! Told you we keep having mad mega reductions! Need to decide what to do with the courgettes,will grate some ready to throw in pasta and bolognese dishes, and prob roast some with some peppers and onions. The chinese ladies were all in again last night, 4 of them filled their trolleys with the fruit and veg reductions, obviously they aren't keen on courgettes or celeriac, or flowers for that matter!

sistercas - hope you got some sleep last night!

marie- hope Ulick is on his way to becoming a model patient and you haven't torn all your hair out yet!

kathy, squiggley and kaat- hope all your bumps and bruises are getting better.

N9eave - how you cope with the frustration of your job when this sort of thing happens is beyond me. I'm just glad that people like you are prepared to do the job!

Well need to mend my space bar as its got stuck half way down and it's getting on my wick! And will catch up with yesterday. Hugs to anyone I've missed xx
    GC Oct £387.69/£400, GC Nov £312.58/£400, GC Dec £111.87/£400
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Happy Birthday Candygirl and Mr Sunnyday:bdaycake: Have a totally lovely day and anyone else who is celebrating today!:beer:

Warning -Rant alert!
    Just wondering how in light of the credit crunch etc those bloomin builders are still managing to build 2 x 3 storey houses on the land at the bottom of our garden!:mad: these are £500,000 luxury houses and not urgently needed housing but it is too late now as they knocked down the trees (complete with nesting birds in:mad:) earlier on this year! In the last recession the sale of houses at this end of the market almost came to a standstill and with the tiny gardens they will have I doubt they will sell!:confused:

Sorry folks but feel slightly better now that that is out of my system!:o

I now must go test out the halogen heater, on 1 bar it only uses 400W :j Just got to remember to make sure that Penny and I do not stare at it as I have heard it could damage eyes!:eek: Is this true? so it is going to go high up on a unit.

(((hugs))) to Beths dd

Catz x
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    happy birthday Candygirl :beer:
  • patentgirl
    patentgirl Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Morning all
    eventually managed o get on here keep trying to post and something comes up!!
    Neav read your link how dreadful those poor children it must be so frustrating for you.

Happy birthday Candygirl and Mr Sunny enjoy your day
    Mioliere hope you feel back to normal today and your bruising has come down a bit.
    Pen Pin that breakfast sounds yummy making my mouth water just thinking about it
    welcome Mishmash
    mummysaver just had alaugh about bounty bars smells I have that lotion too and always think of them especially when i use the shower gel first as well
    Beth hope DD is ok today after last night sounds horrible, pleased that hopefully your money is ok now fingers still crossed

well not much going on OS front today left over shepherds pie and veg for tea and a big pile of ironing for me when I get home from work later
    hugs to everyone that needs onexx
    Frugal challenge 2024

• AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

I made a big pot of sweet potato & carrot soup this morning. DGS went home around 10am. I practically had to push XDIL out the door. :D After smoko I tackled my top and finished it. It's not too bad but a few improvements in the sizing will be made next time. It was cheapy fabric from Ebay. I've cut out a pair of shorts now. ;)

I've got DGS most of the day tomorrow. I'm not suppose to have him but long story. :rolleyes: YS house has now gone through and the keys were dropped off today. We are going over to the mainland on Saturday and will pick up some materials to fix up a few things for him. We're taking DGS but dropping him off to DD so she can spend some serious spoiling time with him and for a swim. ;):D

Candygirl & Mr Sunnyday Have a happy birthday. :beer:
    JackieO I hope all goes well and see you soon.
    :wave: to the new posters
    Catz Glad you are improving.
    Ruby Hope Mum has no sense of smell. :p:D

Well might hit the sack shortly. Woke up at 5am this morning and feel a bit weary now. Hope you all have a lovely if not cold day. :D Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• jessbrown100
    Options
    catznine wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Candygirl!:bdaycake: Have a totally lovely day and anyone else who is celebrating today!:beer:

Warning -Rant alert!
    Just wondering how in light of the credit crunch etc those bloomin builders are still managing to build 2 x 3 storey houses on the land at the bottom of our garden!:mad: these are £500,000 luxury houses and not urgently needed housing but it is too late now as they knocked down the trees (complete with nesting birds in:mad:) earlier on this year! In the last recession the sale of houses at this end of the market almost came to a standstill and with the tiny gardens they will have I doubt they will sell!:confused:

Sorry folks but feel slightly better now that that is out of my system!:o

I now must go test out the halogen heater, on 1 bar it only uses 400W :j Just got to remember to make sure that Penny and I do not stare at it as I have heard it could damage eyes!:eek: Is this true? so it is going to go high up on a unit.

Catz x

Oh, poor birds, that's really not on :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family