PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thurs 9th Oct 08

Options

Comments

• lyndseyann
    lyndseyann Posts: 24,555 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning everyone,hope you are all well :)

(((hugs))) to smoky,candy and dad,meanmarie,beth and family penpin and jayward

and (((hugs)) to anyone who may need one xx

Happy birthday candy :j :j :j :j :j have a lovely day :D

Happy birthday mr sunnyday :j :j

Jack frost has been out in Dudley this morning!its cooollllld!!!! Good job i havent got to go anywhere today.I bought christmas presents online yesterday :T :T i know christmas :eek: but i have loads of people to buy for and started the year by looking on the special occasions board and bought a load of banana skin baskets for some hampers :j so i wrote a list of themes and what i need to buy to get them filled up!!!! but thats enough aout chrismas:D
    Im going to ave a go at the kids bedroom today.for some reason this site has been very slow for me the past couple of days so i have been getting jobs done and especially early nights and hot chocolate:T so im off to take the DD1 to school now and get cracking :j

have a lovely day everyone,speak to you soon xx :wave:
    When you read my posts, think Barry from Auf weidersehen pet...I sound just like him ;) :rotfl:
    Boing boing baggies baggies :j
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    morning all!

Happy Birthdy to Mr sunnyday!:bdaycake:

N9eav - a shocking case, you must be so frustrated.

Mrs_Mix and catowen:hello: :hello:

(((hugs))) to anyone who wants one x

havent caught up with ther rest of yesterdays thread yet buty will soon.

Off to work later till 10pm tonight so need to do some ironing before I go.
    Have a great day all x

edited to say - I'm sorry you're leaving us Pixie - at least twink can let us know how you're doing, take care x:wave:
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • mishmash
    mishmash Posts: 371 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Morning

I am a lurker on here, but wanted to thank you all for the ideas you have given me.

I made bread yesterday for the first time ever, I don't have a bread maker but got the stuff from Mr T's and did it by hand. It was lovely. WE had a lovely dinner of homemade leek and potatoe soup, with home made bread. Then bannanas and custard. For once I managed to impress all my children.

I also did a spot of gardening as B&Q had loads of plants reduced to 25p, so I was feeling very smug and MSE like. Got 4 lots of washing dried on the line as well.

Hope it is okay to keep lurking and thanks again.

MIsh
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Mish :wave:

Welcome to the daily. Well done on your bread, you will soon be as sad as the rest of us, raving on about our slow cookers and rummaging through the shelves at Asda looking for the yellow stickered bargains :D
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good morning Chums,
    well there was a chap on from Kent County Council last night on Meridian T.V. and airily dismissed any fears about the fact that 50 million pounds of taxpayers cash was in the Icelandic bank .More or less saying that out of their total budget of 2.2 billion that 50 million was only a small amount:eek: :mad: As a KCC council tax payer that rather cheeses me off a bit to say the least.
    But I suppose to them it is a 'trifling amount' I wouldn't mind a bit of their 'trifle' :rolleyes: .
    Well todays the day and I'm off back to the hospital to have the excess tissue removed from under my arm and to have my scar 'tidied up a bit' So I shall be offline for a few days as I'm not too sure how long I will be in there for,but mo matter as that famous U.S. general said 'I shall return'
    I'm just waiting for my eldest DD to pick me up, bless her I love her to bits, but she does fuss. If I had my way I would just hop in a taxi, and beetle off to the hospital on my own ,but I'd never here the end of it.
    Ah well at least I'll have a decent sleep this afternoon:D No cooking for a bit either as my lovely sis-in-law Val is coming to look after me when I get out as I shall have a few stitches, and one arm will be out of action for a little while. But I am looking on the long-term benefits. I will be able to use my arm more, and have greater mobility, and will be able to return to swimming which I have missed over the past 15 months.Plus I am going to treat myself to some posh new bras as I will be getting my prothesis once I have healed up. There is a place in Bury st Edmunds that custom-make your bras for you, so I shall have a nice trip up there to look forward to. Anyway <<hugs to those who are feeling poorly or unwell>> and I hope you all behave whilst I'm away getting reconstructed
    Love to all, onwards and upwards
    JackieO xx
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    Options
    Best of luck Jackie. Take it easy and come back to us soon. xxxxx
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :hello:Good morning!

Still in a bit of pain here and it is the last day of anti biotics!:eek: but I am finding it easier to breath so going in the right direction at last!

Needless to say not a lot of os going on here other than writing lots of lists! and sending Mr Catz out to buy things like a halogen heater - very cheap to run, a steamer and lots of fruit!

DD is back again after staying with bf for a while. Have just sent her off to the station with a packed lunch and a hot ribena (ultimate comfort drink) in a thermal cup, so that should help keep her warm while waiting for the train.

We had a power cut last night - must remember to keep one of my torches upstairs! Power wasn't off for long though!

I am so very pleased that those with savings in the Icesave bank are going to be covered! What a roller coaster ride for everyone! ((((Hugs)))) all round I think!

My friend has just had her operation cancelled as there wasn't an intensive care bed available for her! Just waiting to hear if she can come back home as although she is very ill the drs don't really know how to progress!:confused:

Stay warm!

Catz x
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • Essex-girl_2
    Essex-girl_2 Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    Options
    Many Happy Returns Mr SunnyDay

Mioliere I agree with you, I thought I heard one council had invested 40 million? and that it isnt too much of a problem not having access to the money in the immediate future. I asume that councils tax year ends April? Anyway I think one good thing about the credit crunch is that it will change peoples opinions about things for good. Thinks we didnt think about and things we took for granted.

Anyway enough waffling. The sun is shining now and 1 load of washing is on the line and another in the machine. Have put trainers and socks that I wore this morning out to dry - got soaked when walked the dogs across the fields.

Now I really must get off here and on with some boring paperwork!

Good Luck at the hospital Jackie
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    Morning Guys!

What a lovely day today:D ...cold but sunny!!

WM is on for the second time this morning and DW has been emptied. Both loads will be outside drying this morning and it smells lovely already blowing through the lounge window. House generally clean and tidy, but as the cleaners are here in the morning, I am not too fussed:o

DD had to go in later this morning, so we had a leisurely breakfast of crispy streaky bacon and scrambled eggs american style with maple syrup. It was yummy. Also made a fresh pot of coffee but accidently dropped the glass jug and it shattered everywhere, so wasnt quite complete. I am pleased that I managed to do most of it by myself and sat on my stool whilst cooking the eggs and bacon:j :j :j :j :j It doesnt happen often, so made the most of it. I am now feeling very tired and exhausted but glad I have done something today.

Found out yesterday that they will have to leave some of my ovary in because I cant take HRT with the medication I am currently on and will be on it for life. I have the nurse coming in today to start giving me injections to prepare for the op in 4 weeks. I think I am going in 4 days before the op so they can monitor me and adjust meds etc. I am hoping to be out after 7-9 days. Really not looking forward to it but know it has to be done to improve my quality of life.

We are going away for a few days over the half-term with some friends who have a caravan, but we are staying in another on the same site in Norfolk. It should be a laugh and they have a DD same age as our DD, so they can do things together. Have made a list of stuff to take but wont take too much food as they have told us about a 24hr Tesco that does great reductions on fresh cooked chickens and other stuff and a fab chippy:D ...we have saved up some extra money and are determind to enjoy ourselves before I have to go in for the op.

My mum called last night to say that she had booked us into a hotel for our anniversary in December and that she is looking after DD. We are then apparently going to sisters for a big meal and to be given pressies:confused: ...Mum said to get some sexy undies for OH, but just 4 weeks after my op...that may be the last thing on my mind.....but maybe not;)....I maybe a changed woman and OH wont be able to keep up with me:rotfl:

OH starts on his sign language course next week and has his exams in Feb. He does do some signing at the moment, but they are the ones that you do when someone miffs you off in the car and Im not sure if that counts:o

Anyway, I am now waffling and my post is huge but I have some extra energy today.

Hugs to all in need and those not. Have a good day everyone. Im off to watch last nights It Pays To Watch.

There is a voucher in The MIrror today for a FREE loaf of Warburtons at Morrisons if anyone is interested.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Mornin :wave:

Its lovely and sunny again today,bit nippy though, as my gran used to say its one of those "Put your vest on" days :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am a bit achy today, dont know if its something to do with the flu jab I had on Tuesday, everything else seems to be in working order though ;)
    Not much on today(makes a change) just the bank, and a bit of shopping.

N9eav I read your link and it made me so :mad: :mad: :mad: to think a mother can be so STUPID as to let a virtual stranger near her daughter then plead ignorance :mad: :mad: :mad: .........Good news on your mortgage :T

sistercas x

redruby hope Mum had a peaceful night x

charlies_mum I know what you mean I love to read what we have all been up to, it helps me sometimes to see something in black and white, especially if I am upset or worried about something, like when Mum and OH were so ill, all the thoughts and good wishes from my OS friends helped a lot x

chocolate.orange hope you feel better soon x
    Welcome mishmash glad you decided to join us :j
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MrSunnyday :bdaycake:
    Kathy,Squiggly and Hester hope you all feel a bit less bruised today :A
    JackieO Hope all goes well for you at the hospital :A

catz,PenPin,Beth+family,marie+Ulick (((HUGS)))

(((hugs))) to all in need today x

got to go OH is ready to go to the bank and shopping

TTFN
    Anne
    x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts