PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Thurs 9th Oct 08

Options

Comments

• wannabe_sybil
    wannabe_sybil Posts: 2,845 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    If this post trails off in a rather odd fashion, it is because I have fallen asleep during posting. :o I didn't sleep very well last night, although little bear slept wonderfully.

Just want to say :j:j:j:j I did it! We went to the shopping centre, bought little bear some much needed new shoes. For some reason he took one look at the lady (who was lovely) who came to help and burst into tears. Apart from that he was a bit sleepy but otherwise extremely well behaved. We met my friend, who is being wonderfully supportive, and had a great time.

:o But we only got in five minutes before dear heart so had a takeaway curry for tea. Next time (my kind friend has suggested we make this a regular 'thing') I shall leave something in the slow cooker.

Tonight is turkey pieces (value brand sainsburys) and bacon (needs using up) in a casserole with plenty of veggies (need using up) and baked potatoes in the Remoska. I am going to see if I can stretch 400g of value turkey and about 200g of bacon to six portions. Old hands will be sniggering at my lack of ambition, but I have to start somewhere.

I hope to get little bear out for a walk this afternoon, but if I don't I won't be too disappointed because we are both very tired.

Hugs to all.

N9eave - I am so sorry that this happened. Those poor children.

JackieO - you are so inspiring with your posts - really postive. Good luck!
    Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all:j :j
    It's lovely and sunny here today, but very chilly.The TD is on, and i'm having a relaxing day as it's my birthday[STRIKE]wonder if me and Mr Sunny day are the same age?;) [/STRIKE]:D
    Got a few nice pressies already off DD and my best friend, but haven't opened the rest yet.I'm going into town later to treat myself with the money off Mum n Dad, and we're all going there later for a takeaway.I've voted for italian as the pizzas are lush:p :p
    Huggles to all in need esp CATZNINE, JACKIE O, BETH AND FAMILY, WHATATWIT AND FIL,SMOKY,REDRUBY'S MUM, JAYWARD AND MARIE AND ULICK:A :A
    Have nice days everyone :D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    PenPin - just get this op out of the way and then think about your anniversary holiday. What a lovely Mum you have! The op will be worth it if it gives you a better quality of life.

Jackie0 - good luck to you at the hospital. Come back as soon as you can.

Mishmash - welcome to you and well done on your bread. Don't just 'lurk' now and again, come on regularly so we can get to know you!

Catznine - glad you are improving even if it is slowly.

Well, I've prepped for the stew and made some scones (in the Remoska, of course) so just need to tidy up the kitchen. I spilt some flour and it went everywhere including all over my legs!

I shall sit down with a coffee in a minute and watch last night's It Pays to Watch - I've forgotten about it the last couple of weeks so I've missed at least two.

I'm so relieved that it looks as though private savers will get all their money back from Icesave, but doesn't it make you nervous about where to put your money? Yesterday's paper gave a list of the top ten savings accounts in the UK and even said that one of them was 100% guaranteed. How safe is '100% guaranteed' these days?

Anyway, timer has justed beeped so my second lot of scones is ready.

See you later.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all (and evening and afternoon too, depending on where you are and when you read this!) :wave:,
    Well today is quite bright here at the moment although its set to get rainy and windy :(. Today is a quite day for us, just dusted the lounge and need to get it hoovered next, as well as cleaning DS high chair. Other than that not much planned (am very sore after taking DS a long walk yesterday while car was in for MOT- good news car needed nothing else doing, sooooo glad we invested in a decent car a few years back ;)). Might make some more cards (or finish the ones I have) or maybe knit a wee cardi for someone I know who is expecting very soon! Tea is salmon en croute (using some of the salmon that was on special in Tesco a few months back).
    Hope everyone is well, might pop back and read ALL the posts in a bit but need to get hoovering done first, then a nice shower :)
    x OS
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• KAAT_LADY
    KAAT_LADY Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    happy_birthday.gif

happy birthday Candygirl.....

morning all,, gosh it is cold today ,,the pond will probably be iced over lol..just having breakfast it came in the post and I just thoought I would have one ,,they are scottish snowballs,,, its a sort of cake and I havent had any for years,,so am having one for brekkie,,also in my food parcel there are Pandrops,, which are a mint that I cannot get down here,, gorgeous

,will get off now,,and
    see you soon

Ann xx
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• Gryfon
    Gryfon Posts: 1,304 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all!

I'm just trying to drum up enthusiasm to go and dismember a chicken and then make some fish stock. Also have washing to hang out, more washing to put on, clothes to put away etc etc etc....it's never ending!
    Fluttering about an inch off the ground, I may fly properly one day and soar in the clouds!

SPC2 #571 - trying to get as much as possible
  • betheebee
    betheebee Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

Well I had such a busy day y/day so didn't manage to get on here. Spent hours doing book/paperwork for the Tax man. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel although I bet it's someone with a torch looking for a light at the end of a tunnel. :rolleyes: About an hours work more to do then I can take it to the Accountant today.:j

Had a meeting at the bank then went to Morries for milk and came away with 6 packs of large smoked cod, YS 89p each down from £3.98, 4 chick breasts for 55p down from £3.99, 16 rashers 75p. I luv bargains.

Made roast lamb dinners and packed lunches and dropped off at DD2's before taking their 2 labs for a walk.
    Had a call from DD2 last night, she had taken the dogs for their evening walk and an Alsation, muzzled and being walked by a 7yr old dashed over and there was a fight, DD was pulled over backwards and dragged down the pavement. She was sobbing on the phone in total shock and a little grazzed and bruised. I drove over straight away, thank God she was ok. I have made her promise she will never ever walk them again. She's 18 wks pregnant. DSiL 2b was out so I couldn't blame him for letting her walk them.

Managed to sleep better last night thanks to Alister Darling, I won't go into detail as there are mixed views on the subject, I do understand both sides.
    Just want to say thanks for sending hopes that all will work out.

You are the nicest people I have never met. :A

Off to catch up, ((((((((( Hugs)))))))))
  • mrs_mix
    mrs_mix Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :bdaycake: Happy Birthday Candygirl
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
    I'm also a hussy
  • Sunnyday
    Sunnyday Posts: 3,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    He does do some signing at the moment, but they are the ones that you do when someone miffs you off in the car and Im not sure if that counts:o
    xx

:rotfl: This tickled me so much, thanks for making me laugh PenPin, hope all goes well at the hospital and you recover quickly, fingers crossed that you feel like a changed woman :D

Jackie_O - Good luck at the hospital ((((HUGS))))

Happy Birthday Candygirl :bdaycake: If you read the end of yesterdays thread you will see that Mr Sunnyday has lost his marbles already where his age is concerned :rotfl:

Welcome to mishmash, this is a great place to be!

Lyndsayann - my thughts are turning towards Christmas for pressie ideas too i need to get more organised :eek:

Why do i find myself back on here :rolleyes: I`ve cleaned the bathroom and hung out the washng so i won`t be finished by lunchtime at all. I keep getting sidetracked by other things.
    I shall change the bed too i think to save doing it at the weekend, i keep adding extra jobs to my list so it seems never ending.

Back to the grind.

See you all later.
    SD

Edited to say Hi to Gryfon :hello:
    Planning on starting the GC again soon :p
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OOh just read back SUNNYDAY and he's 3 years older than me, hope he has a great day too:D :D
    BETH hope you get your finances sorted hun, and grrr at people who let small kids walk powerful aggressive dogs, hope your DD is ok hun xx:D
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family