We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Has anyone used BOL?

Options

Comments

• Claudie
    Claudie Posts: 1,316 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    >:(

Well I have been waiting since 26 October for my order and haven't had a reply to any of my emails...called this morning but they aren't open Saturday's........ previously had v good service but much more weary now.
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention ~ Anonymous
  • echo
    echo Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Options
    emailed them this morning and got a reply in a couple of hrs.only asked how long it would take and was told a max of 3 weeks.when i emailed them the last time i got a reply straight away.
  • echo
    echo Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Options
    ordered last Monday and it arrived this morning.
  • laughingsheep
    Options
    I agree with the posts about slow delivery - they had my nerved frazzled last xmas when I placed an order in early December which contained xmas pressies and it arrived on the 24th!!

One delivery thing to note (specific to NI and discussed on the NI board
    http://forum.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=NI;action=display;num=1095361387) is that the company BOL use abandon parcels on the doorstep and are generally RUBBISH

However, while they are slow, they are good about replacing damaged books which have the tiniest marks on them (I can be really fussy about books) and unless its for a present how many ppl are waiting on the doorstep for a book to read it the second it is delivered? Or is it just me that stock piles them ;D
  • nmcdonald
    Options
    I am still waiting for an order placed in late October. Well fed up with their service I wish I had chosen another book suplier.
    Nigel McDonald
  • Claudie
    Claudie Posts: 1,316 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still waiting for books or reund or even a reply! So peeved...have emailed endless times - must sit down and write a formal complaint letter tonight in hopes of getting something back. My first internet shopping hassle - v disappointed.
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention ~ Anonymous
  • strange
    strange Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear.

Ordered books on 26th Nov and no sign...

No reply to polite email asking where they are and now the site appears to have gone down.

Credit card bill will shortly arrive with two payments and now I don't know what to do. Any advice?

Strange
  • NicB78
    Options
    [

One delivery thing to note is that the company BOL use abandon parcels on the doorstep and are generally RUBBISH

However, while they are slow, they are good about replacing damaged books which have the tiniest marks on them (I can be really fussy about books) and unless its for a present how many ppl are waiting on the doorstep for a book to read it the second it is delivered? Or is it just me that stock piles them ;D

[/quote]

My mother ordered some books as presents and then went away for 3 weeks. I noticed one day that there was a parcel (not even on the doorstep) abandoned in the garden.

The books were water damaged and had snails in!

BOL sent the order again and let us keep the damaged books. The delivery firm again left them without even ringing the bell - ok though as not raining that day :)
  • mbriody
    mbriody Posts: 199 Forumite
    Options
    My order was on 26th Nov.

Last online order status said despatched on 1st December but still no sign and now the site is down :-(

Just hope they arrive before the 25th!
  • nmcdonald
    Options
    Nightmare company called yesturday explained again I have no book but they have my money. Told the book was dispatched on the last day of October (last time was told 28 days before dispatch) and will have to fill in a claim form. I protested and said that as a claim form was not in my possesion that perhaps one could be filled in thier offices suprise suprise this has to be filled in by the customer. I than asked how long can i expect to wait for a claim form this happens to be 10 15 days LOL.
    This means I will not see my cash untill the New Year.
    Hope this shower have not gone belly up before then.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport