Has anyone used BOL?

Options
Has anyone used the online bookstore 'BOL'? It appears significantly cheaper than Amazon, but I don't want to get caught out. Can't find any posts about it here either.

Much Obliged,

Strange

Comments

• geejaygee
    Options
    Hello,
    I've used them before. The only terms and conditions are that you have to buy another book within six months of making your order. Postage and packing is £1 a book unless you buy three or more and it is free. The delivery is meant to take no more than 10 days, but they have had problems with the warehouse recently and lots of things got held up. I have to say that it's great if you're in no rush for the books. The helpline has (for me) been useless, I called two times and they made an error with my order each time. Also, if you take advantage of the three books at once to avoid paying the p&p they will hold up the delivery until all items are in stock. Otherwise, very cheap if they have what you want. Bought a class set of Eddie Dickens Trilogy for £1.99 each and managed to get 5 free backpacks as well!
    'Imagine something inspiring that somebody once said to you and go out there and win!'
  • Chubby_Cheeks
    Options
    I've used them before too. They're cheap for new releases but not always cheaper than Amazon, so check before you buy.
  • lolly5648
    lolly5648 Posts: 2,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They are great if you want new books as they are usually 60% off. Delivery is slow - about 3 weeks. At the moment it is free p&p until 30/11.
  • sp41700
    sp41700 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    Ive used them before. didn't have any problems. They emailed me recntly to remind me about the 1 book in 6 months and i ordered a book for my mums birthday Seem to remember it arrived a week or to after but was cheapest on internet at time. ;D
  • Choccyholic
    Options
    I found it really easy to do more than one order as they are so cheap. Perfect books for presents. It's true that it takes a while for delivery. Greasy Palm has a link to BOL for extra cashback.
    Nuts just take up space where chocolate ought to be.
  • iman_2
    Options
    Used them several times, very cheap and great quality. Service has been good this time was very slow so if you are in no hurry you can make some terrific savings. Recommended.
  • lyniced
    lyniced Posts: 1,880 Forumite
    Options
    Very, very slow - so as long as you're not in a hurry for something, then give them a whirl. Oh and by the way, they take the money out of your account straightaway, and the goods could take another 3 weeks to reach you. So bear that in mind, too.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni
  • davidib
    davidib Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    I have used BOL before, dont bother! They lost my order 6 times in 6 months, havent bothered with them since.
  • mogoot
    mogoot Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    What do they actually do if you haven't placed a second order six months down the line?
  • angela-la
    Options
    Used them for the first time yesterday. Ordered Jeremy Clarkson's I Know You Got Soul at £7.59, next cheapest was Amazon at £13.29, also free delivery at the moment. When I checked out a free mini digital camera worth £29.99 had been added to my order! I understand I need to order one extra item within six months, but shouldn't be a problem. Just hope my orders here in time for Christmas having read the previous comments. I'll let you know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure