Free £10 from Egg if you sign up to the Money Manager

Options

Comments

• phbaker
    phbaker Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    the last time Egg were trying to push the money manager they started by offering £10 then upp'ed it to £15 after a while. So, it may be worth holding out, unless someone knows they are definately NOT going to up it again. I did it last time and got the £15 then removed the other account, just in case the info wasnt safe.
    Debt at worst (2003) = £35,000.00
    Debt now (March 2007) = £000000000
    Debt free FEBRUARY 2007!
    MORTGAGE (APRIL 2006) = £96,000.00 EXTRA TO BE PAID INTO IT STARTING LATER IN 2008, ENJOYING LIFE FOR A WEE WHILE AFTER YEARS OF SAVING
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Think different
    LMAO I would LOVE to if I could afford to! icon11.gif
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happily using EMM....I signed up mid September, got £10 credited in late October, and I am continuing to use it as a convenient 'portal' to other accounts.

Alas, EMM doesn't or can't provide access to all the accounts I use (e.g. no ICICI, no OneAccount, no Liverpool Victoria credit cards) but if they did, I would gladly use it.

(Good luck to Egg if they think their current EMM actually provides them with a meaningful profile about my banking habits!)

Perfomance is generally superb (I have about a dozen different accounts in EMM), and it makes accessing the accounts on a regular basis ever so easy. If they added other banks/fiancial institutations, and an interface to MS Money, and non-UK banks, EMM would almost be perfect
  • hazza_2
    hazza_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    savvy wrote:
    Well I've used it for quite sometime now and haven't found any fault with it apart from the fact that it doesn't work in Mozilla, but that's no probs as I revert to IE for it.

Use IE Tab http://ietab.mozdev.org/ ... works great for me.
  • clawrance
    Options
    I'd like to sign up for this but it's not available for Mac users :(
    I went to the site and realised the £10 isn't there for us Mac users. Perhaps Egg would like to reconsider how many of us there are out here. As the guy says, it's their loss not mine...
  • Lol
    Lol Posts: 79 Forumite
    Options
    When Egg sent a customer care questionnaire to me recently, I actually made it very clear in it that not considering mac users (in this day n' age n' all!!) was pretty poor and not very acceptable.
    Well, they did ask what more they could do...so I told them.
  • Stabilo
    Stabilo Posts: 452 Forumite
    Options
    Lol wrote:
    When Egg sent a customer care questionnaire to me recently, I actually made it very clear in it that not considering mac users (in this day n' age n' all!!) was pretty poor and not very acceptable.
    Well, they did ask what more they could do...so I told them.

Would it work on a Mac running a PC emulator (and IE) or isn't it that simple?
    Before you buy Google Nest or British Gas Hive check out ESPproMon the Android and iOS Smartphone app that helps you build the same system from just £30.
  • jamiev
    jamiev Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    £10 reward
    £10 Egg Money Manager reward is available to Egg Card customers who have activated their Egg Card, Egg Money customers who have activated their Egg Money Card and Egg Savings customers. In each case, to qualify for the £10, you must register and add at least one non-Egg account to Egg Money Manager between 1 November and 30 November 2005. The £10 reward is also available to Egg Card customers, Egg Money customers and Egg Savings customers who have already registered for Egg Money Manager and activate it by adding their first non-Egg account between 1 November and 30 November 2005. Your £10 will be credited by 31 December 2005. Your £10 will be paid to your Egg Card, if you have one. If you do not have an Egg Card but have an Egg Money account, your £10 will be credited to this. Or, if you have neither, but have an Egg Savings Account, we will credit your £10 to this account. If you have multiple Egg Savings Accounts, the £10 will be credited to a specific account of our choosing. If you have already registered and added a non-Egg account to your Egg Money Manager you are not eligible for this offer
  • jofraseruk
    Options
    don't egg charge for this service? i was offered this ages ago and they said it would be free for a few months and then they wanted to start charging me..
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jofraseruk wrote:
    don't egg charge for this service? i was offered this ages ago and they said it would be free for a few months and then they wanted to start charging me..

It's free, and I have not seen anything that says they'd charge. I am sure if they did introduce a charge, the number of users would drop like a stone. Not in Egg's interest to do this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure