Free £10 from Egg if you sign up to the Money Manager

Options
1235»

Comments

• uumode
    Options
    Obviously the £10 offer is not bad.

Though for long term use of the Money Manager I would be concerned as the log in for Egg doesn't seem to me anyway, as particulary secure.

Insecure from the point of view the logon page requests ALL of your sensitive data on one page and this can be captured by a keystroke logging application planted into your browser. Most of my other financial providers use a combination of drop down menus to counteract this (can't log keystroke), and only ask for a random subset of the password on each login, e.g. first, third and fifth letters of your password (can't capture all the data), and use a tiered login structure, e.g. Barclarcard have a 'secondary' log on page which appears once the first page logon is satisfied. I wouldn't want to 'downgrade' the login security of my other financial providers and put them all into one, perhaps insecure basket.

Egg also have an unsavoury practise of asking you to click a link in their emails to access their site which should not be standard protocol in the light of phishing and fake emails which is made worse by having all of your sensitive data on one page, where a partial password request would be safer. (second, fourth, fifth letter of your password)

I've emailed egg about this, but their priority is ease of use.
  • niftythrifty_2
    Options
    I signed up for this and got the £15.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills