Leading Hotels of The World - Rooms for 19.28USD - 1st October ONLY!

Options

Comments

• Emily_Hall08
    Options
    sappleton wrote: »
    only takes credit card, highly annoying...

Yet I'd rather pay with credit card so that if it's dodgy or cancelled or anything..I will get my money back :)
  • EdCov
    EdCov Posts: 254 Forumite
    Options
    The site is already not working.

I think tomorrow the site is going to crash.

Someone at some point will probably get a room.
  • lawsofnature
    Options
    Thanks for the tip OP.

Although having googled a little, this offer has been publicised all over the world (inc. the LA Times and The Times).

The website will have to seriously increase its traffic capacity to cope with possibly millions of hits. Personally, I think it may crash even with an increased capacity.

Nevertheless, it's worth a try!:o
  • lawsofnature
    Options
    EdCov wrote: »
    The site is already not working.

I think tomorrow the site is going to crash.

Someone at some point will probably get a room.

Yep, I've just tried the site now, and the reservation system is already crashing out.
  • andyroberts1967
    Options
    I'm just thinking, but if loads of people are trying this hours before it's even up and running, isn't this just going to contribute to the site crashing. There's obviously no point in going into it early (unless it's just once to check the link when you got the email) when we all know it's not live until 1pm today. I think the key is to be flexible with dates and choice of hotels.

Good luck people!!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Quite excited now - I have one hotel and one date to input so fingers crossed - I dont think there is any point in having a number of dates just in case - I reckon you will get one shot at it and if you are unlucky with that there will be no chance of going back in an trying again. could be wrong though.

Good luck to all who are having a go and lets hope the rest of the world are busy at 1pm:j
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Yep, I've just tried the site now, and the reservation system is already crashing out.

stop trying then:confused::confused: its not on till 1pm:rolleyes:
  • itsarichmansworld
    Options
    I pre registered now its saying I didnt?
    Isn't the knowledge that comes from experience more valuable than the knowledge that doesn't?
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am trying to match up a highly regarded hotel with a 1p flight-how amazing would that be if I got it!! (Know Its highly ,highly unlikely,but its fun trying)
  • magpiejay
    magpiejay Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    "Sorry! Due to the overwhelming number of consumers currently trying to access this promotion, your request is being delayed momentarily. Please be patient, don’t get discouraged, and retry in a few seconds by clicking here, or by going back to http://www.lhw.com/1928."

Why increase bandwidth when you can ask people to keep trying? I think we're all going to become very familiar with the above greeting over the next few hours. And will be lucky to see it at all at 1pm! As the promotion only runs for 80 minutes, what are the chances no one actually gets a room? They'll probably end up extending the 80 minute timeframe...and having their site offline most of the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure