edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mobiles
46 replies 17.8K views
1235»

Replies

• Tony_H_3Tony_H_3 Forumite
    2.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm certainly in no hurry, so long as I have my 256kbps upload speed ;)
  • XtremeXtreme Forumite
    222 posts
    Hey Guys

Right ...this is my game plan

im currenlty on 750K BB & telephone +- £40p/m

as i have a Xbox/BB conn from Ntl & ive only been with them for 6 months ....i know my chanches are slim ..but hey

all i want from Ntl is 256k upstream ...that wud be Awsome Grin

any tips wud be really apreciated
  • Mad101daNMad101daN Forumite
    84 posts
    Part of the Furniture
    Hi

Just to let you all know that this works a treat.

I had the 750 package and had been on it for 8 months. I phoned up and said my ping was not good enough for gaming and I wanted to leave.

They transferred my to retention I said the same again (had to wait 30 mins to get through). They asked for I would stay if I had a better package to which i replied I could not afford that.

They offered to upgrade my package to the 1.5 MG for the remaining 4 months of my contract and then to phone them after that period to discuss it further. They w switched it on within 5 minutes.

Its great, I get download speeds of 180k/sec ;D

Thanks for the advice.

Very happy Dan
  • After reading MSE I rang NTL and told that I wasn't happy paying £24.99 a monthfor 750Kb broadband at first they wanted to offer me 3 months at half price or 12 months free line rental instead, when I told them that I had heard that NTL were upgrading in January of next year she came back and said yes that true, 750Kb customers will be upgraded to 2MB service but there's a £25.00 charge for swapping out new modem. apparently the old Terayon cant cope with the speed. so then she said that she would waive the fee for this and credit my account to offset the installation charge. so the NTL man is coming next week toswap modems and I will be brezzing along at 2Mb at the same price for 750Kb. the down side is you have to ring customer relations on 08000520243 and be prepared for a long wait before they answer your call up to 30 minutes but persevere. :D
  • I recently cancelled all my NTL services and was offered £10 p/m discount to stay with them. Still cancelled though as their service is APALLING and i was fed up wasting over half an hour each month on the phone to them when they mucked up my bill/downgraded my packages etc ...! :(

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • XtremeXtreme Forumite
    222 posts
    Well . i have the NTL team a call 2day :)

i was not sucsesfull at all on my 1st call , but on my 2nd call about a hour later i convinved the guy to upgrade my acc from 750k to 1.5mb on a traiil 4 3 months at the £18 charge :D

so i got the 256k upload speed ..AWSOME

Thnx guys , wud never have tried if it was not for a thread i came acros by acciident

Hppy 2005