The cheapest Pay As You Go mobile tariff

Options

Comments

• alan99_2
    Options
    My local Asda today has the 8p a min sim in stock .But I am still awaiting del of the one I ordered on the website last week.

Someone asks what is the expiry. The usual 180 days if not used or topped up. T and C enc. with the sim.

Alan
  • grassgirl
    Options
    vodaphone have payg

pay £5 / month and call up to 4 other vodaphone users for free. non-stop if you like. just hang up before the hour and start all over again !

cheaper than house phone, only on the deal 2 weeks, already saved me a packet !
    1 step = £250
    0/100
  • Sally87
    Options
    This sounds great, thank you. Does anyone know what the vodaphone coverage is like in Shropshire?

Also, on the chart it says O2 texts are 10p - am I the only one paying 12p?!
  • Bisoy
    Bisoy Posts: 873 Forumite
    Options
    Sally87 wrote: »
    This sounds great, thank you. Does anyone know what the vodaphone coverage is like in Shropshire?

Also, on the chart it says O2 texts are 10p - am I the only one paying 12p?!

Same here Sally I'm with O2 and also paying 12p for text messages.

Anyway bought 4 sim packs( still in the package) for the wife and 2 kids and hoping to move to Asda. Now hope I'm not a very technical person so need your help. If we need to keep our own number, do we need to ring someone?

If we need to top it up where can we get a top-up card? Do we need to get it from Vodafone? or can we get it from any supermarket? Apologies if these are such stupid questions. Wife and I are a very low PAYG user. We would benefit if we could cut our costs further. I would appreciate your replies.

cheers
  • Bisoy
    Bisoy Posts: 873 Forumite
    Options
    Apologies guys. I've opened the Asda simpack and I've found out the answer to my questions.
  • lemming-11
    Options
    I think discovering the ASDA sim here - thanks guys - may have made this question less relevant, but can I check anyway. (BTW, any news of current ASDA sim availability at either Clapham or Old Kent Road?)

I'm not totally sure how 18185's technology works. If I used 18185's 020 number, from a Virgin PAYG mobile, to get cheap mobile calls, would I be paying the Virgin rate, for the 020 call, for the /complete/ duration of the mobile call?
  • omega65
    Options
    anactuary wrote: »
    Can anyone please confirm if the ASDA sim will allow pop access to emails over gprs (on payg, I believe virgin and orange do, O2 doesn't, not sure about any others). Many thanks.

Asda mobile does not support email reading via pop or push, that I am aware of, however at such low prices, I personally can live without access to my emails on my mobile.
  • spikeywan
    Options
    JR19 wrote: »
    The PAYG were out of stock at Clapham Junction, but managed to find one at Beckton. As I purchased £10.00 'Top-Up', the Sim was free and came with £1.00 credit, so a great bonus.

Please can you explain how you did this in more detail? I've looked on the website, and can't see how you would do this. Is it something you can only do in a shop, and what did you ask for?

Thanks.
  • allthatmularky
    Options
    lemming-11 wrote: »
    I think discovering the ASDA sim here - thanks guys - may have made this question less relevant, but can I check anyway. (BTW, any news of current ASDA sim availability at either Clapham or Old Kent Road?)

I'm not totally sure how 18185's technology works. If I used 18185's 020 number, from a Virgin PAYG mobile, to get cheap mobile calls, would I be paying the Virgin rate, for the 020 call, for the /complete/ duration of the mobile call?

The answer is yes.

You pay for the call from Virgin to 18185 number at their rate, then the second leg of the call at 18185 rates. So an example - say you call a mobile in Denmark you'll pay 15p a min to Virgin and another 10p to 18185.
  • lemming-11
    Options
    Bisoy wrote: »
    If we need to top it up where can we get a top-up card?
    If you don't ask, when buying the sim pack, you apparently don't get. I didn't. Oh well, 'spose I might be passing an Asda sometime.

I had a strange problem trying to activate the £5 voucher I bought, via Asda 2732. Despite having a good signal level, being away from interference, and no obvious problem with the phone keys, dialling or voice transmission, I just couldn't manage it using one phone. The general impression was of it being hit-or-miss as to whether any of the keypressses I made, in response to the voice menu, was actually received. When I switched the sim to another phone, no problem.

A tempting conclusion is that it's due to an as yet undiagnosed deficiency in the first phone (a Samsung C100). But I'm wondering if it might just be an interaction of deficiencies in both the phone and the Asda system. So I'd be interested to hear if anyone else experienced any problems using the Asda 2732 menu.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure