Sky subscription "credit crunch" offer

Options

Comments

• smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I phoned up last Sunday to Sky and asked if there was any special deals going on for Sky Sports have the 6 mix just now, the guy told me that there was no special deals, unless I had received anything in the mail, which I hadn't, as I'm a big american football fan I wanted to see the games on Sunday night I signed up.
    Came home from work on Tuesday evening to find a nice leaflet in the mail offering me Sky sports for half price for three months, so I got on the phone straight away to ask for this to be given, after much questioning and pauses on the phone they said they couldn't give me the discount, I've been a customer in my present home for about 7 years, and about 10 years before that, plus i've recommended countless friends and family over the years, all to no avail.
    So when the girl finally asked if there was anything else she could do for me, I just said no, but I'll be on the phone in a months time to cancel the full package due to this, have to keep sky sports for a minimum of 30 days, and we'll see how much of a deal I get then!!:mad:
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • lawlorlane
    lawlorlane Posts: 1,093 Forumite
    Options
    Am going to give sky a ring tomorrow and see what I can get from then. I currently have sky+ X3 costing me £63 (i think) a month. Hopefully can get it down to half that.

Quick question - My mum would like to upgrade to a sky HD box (currently had sky+ x2) She is also going to be recommending my dad as a new customer. Do you think she could push them into a HD box for £75 no installation charge for herself instead of a free sky+ box and my dad gets the free sky+ box? What do you think the chanes of this are??? She really wouldnt like to ask unless there was a slight chance!!! TIA

Thanks to OP
  • flowa76
    Options
    After reading this thread I rang sky this evening and asked to cancel Sky Sports and Sky Movies. I was asked why and I said I couldn't afford to pay the full package any more. He was about to put my cancellation through when he asked if my sky boxes were on. I told him I wasn't at home and that's when he offered me £17 off a month.

If I had been at home then my cancellation would have gone through.
  • disney_cjd
    Options
    whats the best number to call them on all?
    Self confessed Florida expert :) with over 320 trips there!
    Co host of the Disneybrit and Eye on Orlando Podcasts
    and Craig Duncan Soul Show on Orlando Sky Radio :)

• almar_2
    Options
    The Sky landline number I used is 0150 6421 884

Husband called Sky back tonight and said he was thinking about cancelling cos he cant afford it and was annoyed that his friend had got Sky plus free with free installation...Voilla...No problem we can arrange that for you.

Result - Free sky plus inc installation ... and £5 credit back for the hour long phone call he had to sit through.

Well chuffed - Thanks all :beer:
    Quidco £196 - Voucher Codes £408 - GC Saved £603
    P.A.D. £[strike]4720[/strike] / £4330- Jan GC £375/Spent £283.78
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
  • archdales
    Options
    Quote - I have a much cheaper offer, save yourself all the money by cancelling. Sky is over rated and expensive, cancelled mine twelve months ago and can honestly say we dont miss it at all. ---

I never had Sky, if i did i still wouldn't be able to watch what i want when i want as the misses is a telly hog. Father in law pays for everything with them and probably watches 3 hours Tv a day. Not Worth the money eh!
  • disney_cjd
    disney_cjd Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    just called, got Steve from India, gave him the speel, got given sod all
    Self confessed Florida expert :) with over 320 trips there!
    Co host of the Disneybrit and Eye on Orlando Podcasts
    and Craig Duncan Soul Show on Orlando Sky Radio :)

• costingbunny_2
    Options
    Just rang up and got some bloke in India. I am on a package of £36 (3 mixes and all movies, broadband and Sky talk). Said I was struggling and he offered me my current package, plus another mix, for £26 for three months - saving me a tenner a month and giving me another a channel. Not super dooper saving but call was very easy to make and offer made quickly. i was very nice on the phone which may have worked as, in the past when trying to get Sky+, my 'attitude' didnt wash.
    PS my mum has had Sky for 15 years with no offers and wants Sky+. She called up but nothing was offered after a 1 hour call - she didnt want to threaten to leave as my dad would go bonkers - any ideas??
  • ADM
    ADM Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I cancelled my sky as it wasn't value for money. Got loads of calls to resubscribe but refused. Then got an offer for sky+ and 2 mixes for £18. I only want the sky+ box and it would cost me the same to get a freeview+ box so I took the offer.
    I will cancel in 12 months and use it as freesat+. (yes, you can do this).

Sky's platform is better, more reliable and easier to use than Freeview.
      • Can you use sky+ box on freesat+ and record as with the sky subscription packages?
      • Is there any monthly costs with freesat+?
    • Diamond159
      Options
      Hi,
      I just called to reduce my package from 6 mix to 3 mix and i have saved.........................................£2 a mth !!!!!! WOW what a saving hehe
      The guy didnt offer me any deals / offers :-(
      For the sake of £2 a mth i think i might phone back and put it back to 6mix
      Oh well
    This discussion has been closed.
    Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
    • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
    • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
    • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
    • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
    • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
    • 173.1K Life & Family
    • 248K Travel & Transport