Sky subscription "credit crunch" offer

Options

Comments

• dollydaydream07
    Options
    cifpower wrote: »
    I was subscribing to the 6 mixes but realised I only ever watched the Variety mix which contains Sky1, E4, UK Gold etc. So I range to cancel my subscription and was asked why. "Made redundant and trying to cut costs," say I. Then he asked questions like, "what made you subscribe to those channels in the first place?"

He then said Sky have a special offer for people suffering from the "credit crunch". You can choose 1 mix and pay just £3 a month for the next 3 months. I snapped his hand off!

Official MoneySavingExpert.com forum insert:

If you try this, do please let us know how you got on by posting below. Thanks :)

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

we rang up a few months ago to cancel the 6 mixes down and was offered a deal where we get the whole package(movies+sports) for £30 a month for 3 months - once this 3 months was up we rang up to cancel back down to 3 mixes and was offered an extra 3 months for the offer we were cancelling so we now have the full package £30 a month till mid november!!
  • cathryn67
    Options
    Hi Thanks for this, I rang and said I was looking to reduce my monthly outgoings as my sky package including all tv, bband and telephone was £50 and they have offered my the identical package for £25 per month for 3 months!!!! a saving of £75
    Thanks and give it a try if you haven't already...
  • I got movies for £3 a month for 3 months because I wanted to cancel them too. We did not watch that many films to warrant paying £15 a month but £3 is OK. I can cancel it after the 3 months is up. If you cancel and you have a sky+ box, anything that you have taped from the channels you no longer have to view (in our case movies) will be deleted from your Sky+ box!!
    That's not quite true. The programmes will remain on the box, but the sound and picture is scrambled if you try and play them. If they are still on there when you resubscribe to those channels later on, you'll be able to view them again.
  • razor25 wrote: »
    I have also just got 3 months sky sports for half price. I said I had seen Setanta were doing 3 months half price so were cheaper then sky sports and asked them if they could do any offers. I will try again when the 3 months are up and see what deals they can do then.
    Did you have Sports to begin with and said you wanted to cancel due to the Setanta price, or did you say you would like to upgrade to Sky Sports but it was too much compared to Setanta? I'm only on two mixes at the moment, but I was planning on upgrading to Sports at the weekend and it would be great if I could blag it for half the usual price.
  • mrs_sordy wrote: »
    I currently have Sky+ and my box has about had it. Phoned Sky yesterday to get a replacement hoping that as a loyal customer they would offer me a box half price like they do with new customers but no. Best offer was buying it online, £99 plus £60 installation fee. Total rip off.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get a new box at a reasonable rate?
    You could threaten to cancel. Mention that there is an offer in the national press stating that existing customers can get Sky HD for £75 plus £60 installation, (some people have managed to get the installation price halved), and ask why they expect you to pay £24 more for an inferior box.

Good luck whatever you do. Let us know how you get on.
  • zipman23
    Options
    pinkgem wrote: »
    we got half price sky sports for 3 months :)

This 3 months half price wasn't during the football close season was it?
    English by birth. GEORDIE by the grace of God.
  • razor25
    Options
    Did you have Sports to begin with and said you wanted to cancel due to the Setanta price, or did you say you would like to upgrade to Sky Sports but it was too much compared to Setanta? I'm only on two mixes at the moment, but I was planning on upgrading to Sports at the weekend and it would be great if I could blag it for half the usual price.

Hi,

I just had 4 mixes. I rang up and said I was thinking of upgrading to Sky sports and how much would it cost. I then said I had seen Setanta was cheaper so could they do any deals. Good luck!
  • razor25 wrote: »
    Hi,

I just had 4 mixes. I rang up and said I was thinking of upgrading to Sky sports and how much would it cost. I then said I had seen Setanta was cheaper so could they do any deals. Good luck!
    Cheers, I'll give it a go.
  • gazzer06
    Options
    I phoned Sky to remove Sky Sports from my subscription to save £22 a month and they said they would let me continue to receive all the sky sports channels for 3 months @ £10 a month and i accepted, still saving £12 monthly. And still got all my channels. A result.
  • cifpower
    cifpower Posts: 6,502 Forumite
    Options
    I got movies for £3 a month for 3 months because I wanted to cancel them too. We did not watch that many films to warrant paying £15 a month but £3 is OK. I can cancel it after the 3 months is up. If you cancel and you have a sky+ box, anything that you have taped from the channels you no longer have to view (in our case movies) will be deleted from your Sky+ box!!

The programmes won't be "deleted" from your box you just won't be able to view them. If you re-subscribe to the channels on which the programmes were recorded you'll be able to watch them again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure